All You Need Is Love

Frankie and Dr. Phil

“The thing is Gerard, for as long as I have known you. I know for a fact you think too much. You over think things. Just. Don’t. Think! Thinking makes you worry about things that aren’t even there. Just don’t think about her being in the hospital. Think about it as something small. It’s not going to amount to anything man.” Frankie ranted as he popped skittles into his mouth.

I rested my elbows on the kitchen table and let my face fall into my hands. With a rather long sigh I looked across from me to Ray.
“Do I over think things?” I asked.
Ray looked at me, I could tell her was debating the subject in his head. I already knew the answer. I knew that I over react about things. But this was my daughter. I think I had a right too.
“Exactly, Ray doesn’t even have to say anything. Gerard you need to just clear your thoughts. How long has it been since you drew? You use to do that shit all the time when we were on the road and things were on your mind. Pick up the ol pen and paper and draw your feelings out.”

“Frankie when the fuck did you become Dr. Phill?” I asked with a laugh.
He let out a giggle and threw a skittle in the air and caught in his mouth. “Just common sense Gee? I mean if you just kind of not maul things over in you head then you don’t have time to make things seem ten times worse than what they are.”

“Yeah but this is my daughter. I mean if you already lost on child.” I bit my lip and they both looked away in different directions.
“I understand Gerard.” Frankie said and placed his hand on my shoulder.
“It’s about time for me to head up to the hospital. I’ll catch you guys later.” the both nodded and headed out the door.

I walked up stairs and gathered some things for the night. Including Kara’s favorite blanket and her stuffed dog. I sighed and looked around the house. I had a horrible feeling that it would be empty for awhile. I shook my head and sighed. Don’t think like that, it bring negative thoughts.

I sighed and pulled out my phone as I drove my way to the hospital.
“Hi Daddy.” came a tiny voice on the other end. My face instantly lit up.
“Hey beautiful. What are you doing?”
“Watching Dora with mommy. Are you coming back?”
“I’m on my way darlin’ have you been good?”
“Yes. They hurt me though.”
“Aweee what’d they do to my princess?”
“Stuck my arm with a pointy thing and took the red stuff inside of me.” I chuckled a bit.
“Hand the phone over to mommy for me will you sugar?”
“I love you daddy.”
“Love you too.”

It was silent for a moment. I waited as I herd Temperance tell Kara not to leave the room.
“Hey Gee.”
“Hey, so she’s staying another night?” I asked as I parked my car.
“Afraid so. Are you on your way?’ she asked with a yawn.
“I’m bout to walk in the doors. Why are they keeping her another night?”
“Blood work. They want to make sure that everything is okay before they send her home. Her cat scan hasn’t even came back yet. So who knows.” she sounded worn out.
“Well I’ll just talk to you when I get up there. See you in a sec babe.”

I hung up the phone and made my way to my daughters room. I walked in and wrapped my arms around Temperance and kissed her forehead.
“Go home and get some sleep. You really need it.”
“I know. I just don’t want to leave her.” we both looked over to Kara.
“I’m with her. I’ll call you and let you know if they find anything out.”

She pursed her lips together in a fine line and nodded. I ran my hand through my hair and took the seat next to Kara’s bed. She looked so happy for being in the state she is in. I laid my head back and watched as Dora and Boots sang on the TV.

There was a knock on the door. My head snapped up and I saw a nurse come in.
“Hey there Ms. Kara. You feeling any better today?”
“My head hurts..” she responded. “And so does the spot where you took the stuff out of my arm.”
“Well I got something that will make you feel better and let you get some rest.” she said as she walked over to me.
“You must be Mr. Way” she said to me.
“Yeah, that would be me.” I said and stood up, watching as she put a needle into Kara’s IV.
“Have you guys found out anything, like when we can leave?” I asked.
“You’ll have to talk to Dr. Hyde. I’m just a nurse Mr. Way.” she said with a kind smile.
“Yeah, alright.” I said.
“If you need anything just come find me.”

I watched as she turned on her heel and walked out the door. I walked over to my bag and pulled out Kara’s things.
“Look what I got sugar.” I said as I handed her the stuff dog.
Her eyes widened and she brought it to her chest. “Bobby!” I smiled and covered her up with the blanket.
“Get some sleep Kara.” I said as I tucked her in.

She nodded her head and laid back. She laid there and watched TV for awhile. And before I knew it, we were both asleep.