All You Need Is Love

Daddy's Little Girl

It seemed as soon as my eyes closed, and I feel asleep, the alarm clock was buzzing. Telling me that it was 6 am. I sighed and reached over Temp, hitting the alarm button.
"Will you wake Kara up?" Temperance mumbled in a groggy voice.
I sighed and kissed the back of her head. I sat up and let my feet meet the carpet. I sat for a moment and took in what I had to deal with today.

I stood up and made my way down the hallway to Kara's room. I opened the door to find her still asleep, her nightlight still keeping the room lit. I flipped the light on and knelt down by her bed.
"It's time to get up baby-doll." I said lightly as I pulled her covers back. She fluttered her eyes open and squinted at me. Her fist balled up and met her eyes and she started rubbing them and whining a bit.
"I don't want to go, I'm sleepy." She mumbled.
"I know sweetie, but you can sleep on the way over." I stated as I picked her up.
"Besides mommy is making breakfast before we leave."

I walked out with her in my arms, still trying to fall asleep. I walked down the stairs and into our kitchen. I sat her down and walked over to Temp.
"She's grumpy." I mumbled into her ear as I wrapped my arms around her from behind.
"Well of course Gee, its 6am." she sighed and turned to look at me. I gave her a small smile.
"Everything is going to work out Temp." I said and kissed her nose.

I let her go and turned to look at Kara. She gave me a big smile with tired eyes.
"Can we have pancakes for breakfast?" she asked me.
"I think we can do that." Temp said

***
A while later I waited in the living room with Mikey as Temperance got Kara dressed and things packed.
"How long are you staying at the hospital?" he asked, taking a drink of his coffee.
"I'm not sure, they make keep her over night."
"I told Frankie and Ray. They said they would call you, and try to come up too." I sighed and looked at him hard.
"Mikey, they don't need to know anything yet."
"Bull shit Gee. Even if she doesn't have cancer you do know they are going to have to surgery. That's on her brain Gerard." His stare was cold. "Your bestfriend's deserve to know. They have watched her grow up just as much as you have."
The conversation, or argument, was cut short by Temperance and Kara coming down the stairs. I quickly stood up. grabbing the bags out of Temperance's hands.
"Are we ready?" she asked me.
"I believe so."

We walked out to the car, Kara holding Mikey's hand, and talking his ear off about how she had a Scarecrow sickness. He put her in her car seat and told her he'd see her at the hospital. Once he closed the door he gave me strange look.
"You told her that what was wrong with her was named after a villain from Batman?" I busted out in a laugh and shook my head.
"No. I told her that it was scary. And she asked me if it was scarecrow scary. Scarecrows scare her to death for some reason. So I found it fitting, cause this scares me as much as scarecrows scare her."
"Well she has your creativity. That's for sure." Mikey said with a smile as he made his way to his car.
"Fuck you Mikey!" I yelled at him, opening the car door.

The ride there was quite, despite the cranky mess Kara was, she was wide a wake in the backseat, humming along too a demo tape of ours playing lightly in the car. I kept my eyes on the road mostly. Temperance would make idle chit-chat every so often.

I was terrified on the inside as of right now. I needed to be strong for my girls, but this eating me up inside and out. I have tried to deny the fact that something is wrong with my daughter. I keep thinking that it's nothing. But I know deep down that it's something horrible, and no matter what the outcome, Her life is in danger. There wasn't a damned thing I could do about it either. No matter if she did have cancer, she still needed surgery. And if it was cancer then it would be so much more than that. Her little body would need to go through Chemo treatments, take different kinds of medications. Pumping toxins into her body.

I felt a hand rest on my arm. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at Temperance.
"We're here Gee." She said with a worried look.
"Yes, we are..." I stated and unbuckled my seat belt .
"I get the bags. You get Kara? She's kinda getting fussy." Temperance said with a sigh.

I opened my door and then the backseat door. Ducking in to get her out of the car seat.
"Daddy... I really don't want to go. Can we go home?" She whined.
I Knew that voice, she was about to through a fit. I sighed and shook my head, pulling her out of the car seat.
"I'm afraid not, we have to get you looked at sugar." Big tears started to gather in her eyes.
"I want to go home." She wailed.

I huffed, and set her feet on the ground taking her hand. She started to sob as she held my hand. Mikey and Temp were in front of us, walking into the hospital. by now Kara was sobbing so hard she couldn't catch her breath. I stopped her in the entrance and looked and Temperance.
"Go check her in, I'm talk to her." I said and gave her a weak smile.
Kara was stomping her feet and begging Temperance not to go in.
"Kara Way look at me." I said sternly. "We are here to make sure you are healthy and fine. You stop throwing this little fit and be the big girl I know you are." Her big green eyes looked at me with sorrow. I hated scolding her, but at times she needed it.

She simpled nodded and sniffed at me. Her eyes looked away as she sniffed more. I took her into a hug and kissed the top of her head.
"Everything will be fine sweetie." I whispered into her hair.
"I trust you daddy."