Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 11

Vacation came around about a week later and I had started talking to Ed. You know not just regular talking, but the talking before you fate a person to see if they are worth starting a relationship with. So far he has proven to me that he is worth it, and I have been falling for him a little bit more each day. It will not ever be the same kind of feelings that I have or had for Anthony, but it will most likely will not hurt to give Edje a chance. The only problem I have with him and us together in a relationship is our age difference. He is two years a month and three days younger than I am, and that really bothers me. I never ever date guys who are younger than me I mean if it is only a couple months that is fine, but years? No thank you! For Edje I would always be dealing with that annoyance.
As vacation began to pass Christmas eve was coming near. I usually do not care about receiving gifts, because I love to give, but this year is special. It is special because I was exchanging gifts with my best friend, and his gift is that most that I have ever spent thinking about. It was also pretty expensive as well. I got him Hollister brand sweatpants and a matching shirt, but I was nervous as to what he was going to think. Besides my mother he was the only other person that I was worried about impressing. I, honestly, still have no idea why he is so important to me. Even for all of the other guys that have occupied my heart and mind none of them have ever made me so nervous about something. My head always hurt thinking about what made him so special to me.
Although the holiday season was extremely stressful, there was not any snow. This year seemed to be flying by and it honestly did not feel like it even should be Christmas. Everyone says that your senior year of high school goes by quickly, and for me it really was.
“Just text me when you want to meet up,” Anthony texted me as I was on my way into my Uncle Drew’s house for Christmas Eve dinner.
“I’ll text you right after dinner,” I replied to him.
“Erica darling,” My aunt Carol pulled me into a hug. Every time I saw her I just wanted to pull her into a hug and never let go. She was probably one of my favorite aunts on my mother’s side, but she is sick. She was just recently diagnosed with cancer.
Even though that fact made me sad, that is what God has planned out for her. He has a plan for each and every one of us.
“So Erica, have any boyfriends?” She asked, she asked the same question every single year. This year was different, because I was talking to Ed, and Anthony is my best friend in the entire world. I blushed as she asked this
“No. I don’t have a boyfriend,” I replied to her.
“Oh. Well in the new year I wish you many boys chasing after you, and that your life is happy,” she said, kissed my check, and walked away. Little did I know that this New Year would be filled with a lot of new things going on.
After everyone said their hellos dinner was ready. However, we could not eat until we did our Polish family tradition of breaking a type of bread where you wish everyone good things for the upcoming year. Our family is extremely supportive of whatever you do, and they just want the best for you. After we did our wishing we ate our Polish dinner with peirdoges, kabosa, mushroom soup, and other family favorites. I ate my dinner quickly, and after texted Anthony as I put my coat on and grabbed his present. Then I snuck out of my Uncle’s house to walk across the street to exchange gifts.
It was convenient on how close he lived to my uncle. His apartment complex is legit right across the road. When I got outside he was already standing on the corner of the street with a bag in his hand and he was texting someone. He made me shiver just looking at him, because he was only wearing shorts and a tee shirt. I was wearing dress pants, heels, a nice shirt, and my Northface.
“Erica,” he said with a smile as he noticed me walking towards him, he started walking towards me. We met in the middle of the street.
“Merry Christmas stranger,” I said and handed him his gift. He pulled me into a hug and handed me the gift bag. I just watched as he took the card off, and laughed at the picture print outs that I had put in the card. The pictures were from the first day we met, and from junior senior prom. I even had another copy so that his mother could have some as well. She really like me and she asked for copies of the prom pictures.
“My mom will love them, thanks,” he said and started opening his Christmas gift. He began throwing the wrapping paper in the middle of the street where we were standing.
“Anthony! You make the biggest mess!” I joked. We both just laughed, and he picked it up.
“Why is there so much tape on the box? I swear you and my mom love to torcher me!” He laughed, and continued opening the gift. He took the shirt out of the box and it did not seem to interest him, and the he saw the sweatpants ad started jumping up and down. “Now Brian and I can be twins! I hope he doesn’t try to steal them,” he said excitedly and pulled me into a hug. “You can’t open your gift until you have opened all of the one’s from your mom, because it foes along with one of them,” he said. We just ended up standing there staring at each other. It was like that for a while until a car beeped at us and we quickly walked onto the side walk.
“Aren’t you cold?” I asked him. He was barely wearing clothes while I was bundled up still shivering.
“Oh um yeah I am,” he said still staring at me. I looked down at my phone and saw I had a text from my sister.
“Hurry up we’re opening presents now,” it said.
“I have to go,” I said as I looked back up at Anthony.
“Oh…of course. Merry Christmas Erica,” he said and pulled me into a hug.
“Merry Christmas to you too,” I said into his chest and pulled him closer to me. I really did not want him to let go of me, because I felt more than perfect standing there in his arms.
Whenever I was with Anthony nothing else was on my mind except for him. When I was with Anthony I did not even know who anyone else was….not even Ed. I felt like Anthony is my other half, my soul mate, but he did not feel the same way or at least he did not prove it or show it. He is just my best friend and I had just fallen in love with him like a typical love story. I want to be his princess, and he to be my prince charming.
Even when lost in my thoughts all good things end, because he moved away from me.
“Don’t keep your family waiting,” he said and motioned for me to go back to my uncle’s house. I sighed andsmiled, and then we both headed out separate ways; him to his house, and me to my uncle’s.
When I got back inside everyone was getting ready to start handfing out gifts. I quickly took off my coat and peaked into the gift bag that he had given me. There was just tissue paper on top so I moved it to the side to see a Batman laptop case. A laptop case? I was getting a laptop for Christmas? I then had the biggest smile that I could ever have upon my face. After I had put the bag down I started having Christmas cards handed to me, and Santa came in through the back door. It was my uncle who dressed up for the three little babies in my family; my two little cousins Kia and Owen along with my little sister Danica.
The only one of the kids who likes Santa was Kia. Danica and Owen both had screamed when he was near, but they did enjoy all of their toys.
After presents and dessert we got back into the car and went to my Aunt Marianne’s house. It is a Christmas tradition to go to both of their houses on Christmas Eve, but we went to Marianne’s second, because it was more of an adult party, and we tended to stay there late. There also was not much to do there so my cousin Amanda and I cuddled up on the couch in the den and watched crazy television shows. We were also both texting people like crazy. I was only talking to Anthony who was at home playing video games, but he texted me back very quickly which was odd for him when he was playing video games. They are like his life, that is all that he does besides play baseball and hockey.
After talking to Anthony through text for most of the night I went home to sleep. The next day I received a laptop, and Rockband 3 for my Wii. The rest of the day was normal, and we had Christmas dinner at my Aunt Marie’s house. For a gift she got me Vera Bradley sunglasses, and a purple Vera Bradley purse. I was very thankful for every gift that I had received, but I was still wishing that Anthony had told me how he feels towards me or even just a kiss from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took forever to write. I lost my inspiration, but I gained a new one for a while.