Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
The rest of the week went by really slowly, and I tried to avoid Rachael and Anthony for the entire week, but that did not go exactly as planned seeing as it is the week of junior senior prom. Anthony has been asking me questions about it all week, and Rachael has been bugging me as to not dance with him at slow songs or grinding songs. They are not even together or anything, so I do not understand as to why she is telling me to back off if he honestly likes her back, and only sees me as a friend. Why would he do anything like that with me if he likes her? It does not make any sense to me at all.
Today is Friday and it is the day of the dance, and I am literally shaking as I think about it. I am getting all dressed up for a guy who does not even have feelings for me. At least Rachael is not going, so I do not have to worry about her yelling at me tonight, or him staring at her, and trying to get with her while I am there all while he is suppose to be with me because he is my date.
Tonight is going to be a fun night no matter what happens, but in fact the night began on the wrong foot. My friend's sister who is doing our hair and makeup for the night did not show up until a hour before it started so we had to rush to get ready. The second thing that went wrong was my hair, she did not style it the way I asked her to. As a conclusion to this I believed that everything was going wrong, and I was trying extremely hard not to burst into tears, because I did not want to ruin my make up, because at least that looked really nice.
When I was dropped off at my house I literally ran inside and up the steps to get my dress on, and that is not only the best news, Anthony and his mother were standing in my living room talking to my mother. I was extremely embarrassed that they saw how horrible that I looked, but they did not seem to care. His mom smiled at me and gave me a hug, and then I excused myself to go put on my dress and fix my hair which my mother had to help me with. Then and there I vowed to my mother that for senior prom I am having a professional do my hair.
When my mother and I both thought that I looked presentable we went back into the living room to take some pictures of Anthony and myself before we left even though we were getting some professionally taken at the dance. Our mothers ended up talking endlessly while we were ushering them to go. We paused for a moment when my mother said the most embarrassing thing.
“Erica and Anthony would make such an adorable couple,” she said with a smile. I groaned, and literally smacked my head. Anthony chuckled, and pulled me in for a hug. Why was my mother doing this to me now at of all moments?
“I'd have to agree with you on that one,” his mother said. Anthony and I both turned red and we took a step away from each other. “Oh, how cute!” both mothers said at the same time, and I looked down at my shoes my face still tomato red; Anthony seemed to be glaring at his mother now.
At that moment I felt a little awkward. This was technically the first official time that I have ever met or well that I have been properly introduced to her.
We slowly made our way outside and to the car with our mothers still talking none the less. Anthony was really hyper for some reason, and he was literally jumping up and down in his tux outside of the car, and I could not help but to laugh. He is always making me laugh, and I think that is what makes our friendship so easy. It is, I think, what attracted me to him, in a best friends way and in a more than friends way.
I thought that once we got to the dance that the bad things would stop occurring, but I was completely wrong in that aspect. Was it really too much to ask for a fun night with my best friend as best friends? I suppose that it is impossible.
When we got to the dance my friend Kate pulled me aside from Anthony. “Erica, his ex is here!” She said with a worried look on her face.
“Who's ex?” I asked confused.
“Anthony's ex girlfriend,” she said puling her eyebrows together trying to figure out why I had not caught on yet.
“Oh,” I silently said, and looked at my black shoes. Nothing is going the way it was suppose to.
“Hey Erica, you look really pretty!” some girls from my classes came up to me and said. I put a smile on my face to hide the hurt I was feeling inside. I should be use to things going wrong by now, but it still hurt.
“Thanks girls, you look really pretty too!” I complimented back.
“Alright everyone it's time to sit down so that you can start getting your dinner,” the principle said into the microphone that the DJ had, so everyone started heading back to their tables to sit down. I looked around and saw that my table was not too far away so I sat down there, and I just happened to be the first one to do so. I checked my phone while they waited for everyone else to sit down as well and noticed that I had a new text message from my mother, but as soon as Anthony sat down, him being really tall, he hit his knee on the table leg, and all of the waters spilled a little bit and we all laughed.
“Hi sweetie, I hope you're having a good time with Anthony. Be safe, I love you!” it read. I smiled. I began to text her back as everyone else sat at our table, and began to converse. “Hey mom, it's okay so far. We're just sitting down for dinner. Anthony's ex is here though, I'll text you when it's almost over. Love you!”
Everyone at the table was looking at me, and I just took notice that Anthony was sitting next to me, and not across the table with his friend instead. I gave them all a confused look.
“Who were you texting?” Kate asked.
“Just my mom, she wanted to know how everything is,” I said with a smile. After I said that a waiter came up to our table and told us that we could go get our food now. I sighed and got up, with Anthony right beside me.
“I don't think I'm going to get a lot, since we're going back to your house after for Chinese food.” he said to make conversation.
“You'll get really hungry from all the dancing, and I know you, you love food,” I laughed. He laughed too.
“Yeah, you're right, I do love food,” he said as he began to pile his plate. I just shook my head.
Once our plates were filled we sat down, and his knee hit the table again, but the water did not spill at all, but when Kate's boyfriend sat down at the table he hit the other leg of the table and spilled them a little bit too.
“At least I'm not the only one who did it,” he laughed.
“Oh shut up!” Kate's boyfriend Mark said, and once again the whole table burst out into another fit of laughter.
After we ate we all got in line to get our pictures taken, and Anthony started singing children show theme songs to me, and I could not help but to laugh the whole time. He pretended to get mad at me when I laughed at him, but he ended up laughing too. He did that all the way until it was our turn to get our pictures taken, and then he was really quite.
We were both really awkward when the lady who was taking the pictures put us into our pose. He was shaking, but the lady tripped over her camera cord and almost fell before taking our picture, so we were trying really hard not to burst out into laughter, and you could see that in our pictures. It was funny, and cute at the same time.
“You guys just took the cutest picture that I've ever seen in my entire life,” a girl came up to us and said. Neither of us knew her so we just said thank you, and walked back into the other room where people were already dancing.
“Who on earth was that?” he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. “Well that was weird. Do you want anything to drink?” he asked, I shook my head no, because Mark already got Kate and I something, so he went off to get himself something. I just shrugged my shoulders and went to find my group of friends who were already dancing, and I joined in with them.
Anthony did not really dance with me at all during the night until a slow song came on, and I went to go sit down. “Do you want to dance?” he asked me. I gave him a confused look, but nodded my head anyway. What would one slow dance do? Absolutely nothing. We went back to the dance floor, and it was awkward because he did not know what to do, it made me giggle, and he had a frustrated look on his face.
All of a sudden out of no where a girl who was sitting at our table, who also happens to be in band with us came over to us, and grabbed his hands and put them on my hips, so that's when I put my hands on his shoulders. He is very tall compared to me, so I could not reach his neck to put my arms around it. I had to stand on my tippy toes just to reach his shoulders. It was a funny sight if you asked me, but everyone around us seemed to think that it was the cutest thing in the world. At that moment I found out why he did not really dance with me at all, it was because he does not know how to. It made me smile, because I was not the best dancer either. He tried his hardest though to do a good job, so that was all that mattered to me. At the end of the song though he insisted that he go get me something to drink so I went back to dancing with my friends while he was gone.
When he returned he handed me the soda, and stayed by my side for the rest of the night even if he did not dance the whole time. It made me feel happy.
“Thanks for taking me,” he said to me as I put on my jacket at the end. I smiled at him.
“Your welcome love,” I said. Then we got into my mothers car along with Mark and Kate, and headed back to my house for some quality Chinese food where we all had a lot of fun as well. After the boys left to go home Kate and I went to my room and changed before heading off to sleep.
Overall the night was amazing, and it showed that Anthony really was my best friend, because he danced with me and he was there for me. He could have been a really asshole, and ditched me last minute like some other people did to there dates. I was grateful that he was one to keep his promises, and he made things fun no matter how awkward they were, or how stupid things seemed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think so far, and on if it's worth writing still!
Thank you! <3