Status: Always writing! Updates come at least once a week!

Once Upon A Love Story

Chapter 7

Chapter 7
After everything had set in I understood what Kate had been trying to say to me. He is lucky that he was not dating me, because if he played me like that he would be in some serious trouble. Kate is just being my best friend, and is looking out for me. I would do the same thing for her if a guy did that to her. At this precise moment in time, I am actually glad that Anthony does not like me. Not a single girl deserves to be cheated on or led on, because a guy cannot make up his own mind about what girl he wants.
It still hurt to know that I was not one of those two girls that were constantly on his mind. I know that I should not be thing like that, but it really is hard for another person to understand the reason as to why you do the things that you do, or think the things that you think. In this situation, I honestly did not understand the very own things that I personally do and think.
How do I get over him? Knowing the things that he does I should be far over him by now, but I cannot seem to get over him no matter what I try to do. Nothing seems to work, and everything just makes it hurt more and more.
As I was thinking about all of this while walking to English class I walked into someone.
“Whoa, Erica, what’s wrong?” Anthony asked me. He was holding me in a tight hug, and I just let myself cry. Why did it feel so right in his arms? “Hey. Calm down, I’m right here, and I won’t let you go,” he cooed as he held me to his chest. Usually Anthony was not good at handling situations of any matter, but he is always there for me. The only thing that he does not know is that these tears that I was shedding were solely for him. Each tear was about him. But at that point in time I decided that he would never know that, because I was never going to tell him how I felt about him ever again.
In fact no one was ever going to know how I really feel. I do not want to deal with any drama, and I rather deal with heartache alone and out of reach from everyone else.
“Thanks Anthony,” I said as I pulled away. I wiped my eyes, fixed my hair, and sent him a weak smile.
“What’s wrong?” he asked true concern written across his face. I took a deep breath.
“Just boys being boys,” I said and walked away. I had to be strong, even if it was just pretending for a while.
That day I could not wait to go home, I wanted to escape from it all even if it was for only a few short hours at home. As long as I did not have to see his face everything would be okay, at least that is what I kept telling myself.
In reality everything was not okay, and it was not going to be for a long time.
Anthony and Hannah’s relationship only lasted for about a week due to the fact that Hannah and Rachael are friends, and they talked to each other about Anthony. Both of them hate Anthony now, and honestly he deserves all of their hate. That day after Hannah and Rachael had a chat; Rachael decided to have a chat of her own with me.
“Erica!” Rachael yelled to me as I was walking to lunch. In surprise I quickly turned around.
“Yes?” I asked her.
“You were really smart to get over Anthony. It really sucks being played like that,” she said. I just gave her a half smile. “I wouldn’t have wanted you to go through that. I rather myself than a person like you to be treated that way. The reason I say that is because you’re such a wonderful person that I don’t want to see you get hurt like that.” I just blinked at her in surprise. Did Rachael just say that? The one who likes to start drama and a whole bunch of problems? Maybe she was not as bad as I thought that she was. “I’m also really sorry for any pain that I have caused you. I really didn’t mean any harm on purpose,” she said, gave me a hug, and walked away to the table full of her friends for lunch.
Her words had left me speechless. Could the way a boy treats you cause you to change yourself? Had I allowed myself to change at all since I’ve been so in love with Anthony? If I changed was it for the better of things?
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is really short, sorry!
I had a writing block for a while, and I'm currently working on Chapter 8 so I'm sorry that the following chapters won't be out very frequently like as before.
Thank you so much!