Our Rebel Love Song

Suspicions Are High

I walked out of my house and onto the sidewalk. I was headed to the park. Ash said that he wanted to meet me there after school to hang out, which I was more than fine with.
I got there and sat on one of the benches that was right in front of a tree so that you could clearly see the skyline and the sunset with the pinks and the oranges and the reds. It was nice that I got to look at the sunset while I waited for him.
But before I knew it, a slutty cheerleader was sitting next to me. I knew her. She was Dave’s girlfriend.
“Hey, Andy.” she giggled as she crossed her legs in her skimpy cheerleading outfit.
“Hey, Kitty.” Yep. Her name is Kitty.
“So. What is someone like you doin’ here all alone?” I shrugged. I wasn’t going to tell her about Ash. “Oh. Well, I could keep you company if you want. She scooted over to me but I scooted away.
“No, thanks.”
“Awe. Come on! You’re no fun!” she pouted. She is so slutty it’s almost tempting. Almost. Even for me.
“Really. I’m fine.” I insisted. She put her arms around my neck.
“I won’t tell anyone.” she whispered. What was she up to? I pushed her away, but she kept trying to get closer to me.
“Please stop, Kitty. Shouldn’t you be with Dave or something?”
“Nope.” was all she said. Then she sat in my lap.
“I know you want me, Andy. All the guys in the school do.” she told me.
“Well I’m not one of those guys.”
“What do you mean? You don’t like me?” she pouted again. I rolled my eyes.
“No. It’s just-I-never mind.” she smiled.
“Good. You still like me.” She wrapped her arms around my neck again and I felt very uncomfortable. Then she started kissing me and putting her tongue in my mouth. Oh my god, it was disgusting. I swear I almost puked in her mouth. I mean I tried to push her away but it just wouldn’t work.
That’s when I heard Ash’s screams. I forgot about him. He grabbed her extensions and pulled her off of me. Then she fell to the ground.
“What the fuck? Why would you ever push a girl like that?” she yelled.
“I wouldn’t have had to push you if you weren’t making out with Andy, bitch!” he yelled back. She got up and before she could slap him he pushed her out of his direction and told her to leave.
“Don’t you touch my man again, you whore!”
“Shut up!” she yelled as she walked off. “Dave’s gonna hear about this!”
I was shocked at what he said. I wouldn’t think that he would react like that. He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me.
“You okay?” he asked. I nodded and smiled at him. I felt a little awkward around him for the first time just because he saw me making out with a girl. Even if I had no control over it.
“That was kinda awkward.” I said. He shrugged.
“Well it’s not like you wanted her to kiss you....right?” I nodded.
“Yeah. Yeah. I-I-She’s not my type.” I said. He laughed at me.
“You’re too cute, Andy.” that made me blush.
“She’s seriously a whore. Something’s wrong with that girl.” I thought for a minute.
“Do you think she knows about....us?” He nodded.
“If not before, she definitely does now.” he said. I started to feel awful. I got butterflies in my stomach, and not the good ones.
“Doesn’t that scare you.” he shrugged.
“I guess. But, I don’t know, I’ve stopped caring. Ever since John freaked out about it I really don’t care who knows. I mean, everyone probably secretly hates me anyways for what ever reason.” I hugged him.
“No they don’t. You have so many friends and you’re so popular. Everyone loves you, including me.” He gave me a warm smile and kissed me.
“Awe, Andy. But I doubt that they all like me. I don’t look good, I’m a jerk, I’m dramatic, and I’m just not good enough for anyone.” I rested my head on his shoulder.
“What’s making you feel so bad about yourself.” he sighed.
“Nothing. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have started talking about it.” I rolled my eyes. There was really no point in trying to force him to talk to me. It’s just too bad, but I guess I don’t blame him since I’ve only just got him to trust me again after “cheating” on him.
“Well I love you and with how popular you are, there’s no way that you’re going to lose all of your friends just because you love me.” He gave me a hug.
“I love you, too.” We sat there together in the darkness in silence. My head on his shoulder and his strong arms wrapped around my body. I’m glad that everything was back to normal. Or at least almost normal. I wanted to cherish this moment right now because I knew that the next few weeks, at least, were going to be a living hell.
“There has to be some way that Kitty knew about us before tonight, Ash.” I broke the silence.
“What?”
“There has to be some way that she knew about us before you shouted at her tonight. Or else she wouldn’t have even known I was here or even pay attention to me. There was no reason why she would just come up to me and make out with be because she’s popular and dating Dave. So that means if she knew.....”
“What does that mean?” he asked me frantically.
“It means that everyone else knows” Ash just nodded at this.
“Maybe she did that to break us up again or something.”
“Yeah. Doesn’t that just terrify you, Ash? It scares the shit outta me.”
“No. Not really. I already told you. It doesn’t really matter to me.”
We both sat there in silence. It gave me some sort of satisfaction that he didn’t really care anymore. Maybe I shouldn’t either. Then Ash looked at me and pushed the hair out of my face.
“What?” I asked him as I took my head off his shoulder.
“You never told me how you got that black eye of yours.” I shrugged.
“It was nothing.” he rolled his eyes.
“Seriously, Andy? Just tell me.” I sighed.
“It’s from when Dave beat me up a few days ago.” he threw his hands up in the air.
“I swear to god! I wish I could just show that asshole who’s boss. He’s such a fucking prick. Hurting my man like that.” He shook his head and put his hand up my side, but I pushed his hand away.
“Ow. That hurts.” he looked confused.
“What?”
“They kicked my side a lot. I swear that that almost broke it.”
“Why don’t you tell anyone, Andy?”
“I did! The principal let them off easy because they’re on the football team. They hurt Dylan, too. I just don’t really know what to do anymore.” I cuddled with him.
“I wish that there was something that I could do to help, Andy.”
“There is. Just be there when I need you.” He nodded.
“Okay. I can do that.”
“Good. So can we go home now before I fall asleep on the bench.?” he laughed.
“Okay.”
“I need to get my beauty rest for a shitty day tomorrow.” He laughed again and shook his head.
“Poor Andy.” He helped me up and put his arm around my neck as we walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was almost worth the wait! I'll be lucky if I can get another chapter added by the end of the week!