Sequel: 'Cause I've Got You
Status: completed!!! sequel on the way...

Walk in the Sun

Chapter 20

After Trent left, I ran up to my room. I picked up my phone off of my bedside table and dialed a number that was still unfamiliar to me. I waited, then finally after the third ring, I heard a voice.

“Hey Steph, what’s up?”

I let out a long, drawn-out sigh before answering. I was trying to find out the proper way to word it. I knew that this was meddling, but if Trent wanted to come to my home and ask me for help, he got me involved. I had every right to say something now.

“Well, I had an unexpected visitor just leave my house.”

“And who exactly was that?”

I bit my lip, not knowing what the outcome of this would be.

“Trent…”

I heard Kris sigh.

“what the hell did he want with you? Don’t tell me you two had something going on before he was with Kaitlyn.”

I scoffed lightly.

“What?! No! He was here to ask me about Kaitlyn.”

“What? What did he want to know?”

I closed my eyes, not wanting to tell him, but I knew I had to.

“He wanted me to help him get her back.”

I heard Kris growl into the phone.

“I have to come there. I have to confront this guy.”

I sighed and tried to reason with him, before he made any irrational decisions.

“Now hang on, I don’t think it will get that out of hand just yet.”

“Just yet?! What else did he say to you?”

I shrugged my shoulders, even though I knew he couldn’t see me.

“Well…..”

“Steph, tell me!” He barked into the phone.

I went into slightly more detail as to what Trent had said to me, finishing with his last words about until it was proven that Kaitlyn had moved on, Trent felt that she was his. I could hear Kris’ breathing become low and along with the eerie silence, I could hear more growling. Finally, the growling stopped.

“Kris, I don’t really like saying this, but I’m a little worried.”

“You don’t think he’d really do something to try and force Kaitlyn back with him, would you?”

I ran my hand through my hair and sat on my bed.

“I don’t know, Kris. I had never seen that look before. I feel like we should come up with some kind of plan.”

Kris agreed.

“What do you think we should do?”

“Well….”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid’s POV

I left Mario’s with a full stomach and a smile on my face. Walking over to my house, I plopped down on my couch. After turning on my tv, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. I didn’t know where she was, so I decided to text Steph instead.

Hey, just got home from Mario’s. Hope you solved your issue with Kaitlyn. Love you.

I wasn’t expecting a reply right away, so I stretched out on my couch and felt my eyes start to close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steph’s POV…

Kris and I decided on a plan, my next order of business was to go over to Kaitlyn’s. I didn’t know if she would be awake when I got there, seeing as it took me just over an hour to come up with my plan with Kris. I looked down at phone as I pulled on a sweater and noticed I had a text message. It was from Sid. I smiled and quickly typed a small reply telling him not to worry and to focus on his game. Quickly my eyes widened. I had forgotten that the boys had a game the next day. I felt horrible for doing it, but I quickly called Kris back. I sighed when he picked up.

“Steph? Is something wrong with Kaitlyn? Did Trent get to her before you did?”

I pulled my phone away from my ear and raised my eyebrow at it before putting back against my ear.

“No, nothing’s wrong with Kaitlyn. How did you know that I was going over there?”

He chuckled lightly.

“Seriously? You’re her best friend. Plus, you told me you were going over there.”

I mentally slapped myself in the forehead.

“Right. Sorry, I forgot I told you. Anyways, I called you to tell you something else. I don’t think I’m gonna go over to Kaitlyn’s tonight.”

“What?! Why not?!”

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen.

“You have a game tomorrow, Kris. I don’t want you to be stressing over this. Sid doesn’t know about any of this and if he found out that I was part of the reason you had a bad game, I’ll never hear the end of it.”

He let out a long sigh.

“I guess you’re right. But could you at least go talk to her? You don’t have to mention anything about me. I just need to know she’s okay.”

I had my confused face on again.

“Umm… didn’t you talk to her today?”

“Yeah… but I made the mistake of bringing up Trent’s name the last time we spoke..”

This time, it wasn’t just in my mind. I literally slapped myself in the forehead.

“Oh, Kris….”

“I know, I know. I messed up. I just want to make sure she’s okay. Just go over to her house and make sure she’s okay. Text me, then I’ll be fine.”

I ran my hand through my hair, sitting on my bed once again.

“Okay, Kris. I’ll go there right now. I’ll text you later. Try and get some sleep, yeah?”

Kris and I shared goodbyes and I laid down on my bed, sighing. I had hoped that this was the last of the Trent drama. Before it was over, however, I still had one more phone call to make. After listening to the phone ringing for a solid 15 seconds, I pulled my phone away from my ear. Looking at my phone like it was a crazy person, I made sure that I dialed the right number. There was no way I got it wrong, because I had it saved not only in my phone, but in my brain. Finally ending the call, I ran out of my room and out of my house.

Running through the streets, I made it to Kaitlyn’s house in just over 5 minutes. Knocking lightly on her door, I noticed that someone was still awake judging by the light in the living room window. Her mom came to the door, with a relieved look on her face.

“Oh, I’ve been hoping you’d show up.”

I gave her a confused look.

“Is she okay?”

She shrugged her shoulders and opened her door more for me to walk in.

“I hope so, she’s been crying in her room. Won’t let anyone in. Maybe you can get through to her.”

I nodded curtly then ran up the stairs, knocking on Kaitlyn’s bedroom door. She didn’t get up and answer, so I tried turning the doorknob. Luckily for me, it was unlocked. I walked in and saw Kaitlyn curled up on her bed. The closer I walked over to her, the more I could hear her lightly sobbing. I walked up beside her and sat down on her bed. When she noticed the weight on the bed had shifted, she looked up at me.

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

I sighed and gave her a sympathetic look.

“Well, I had something to tell you, but after you didn’t answer my call, I ran down here. Now that I see you’ve been crying, I see it’s a good thing I came. What’s up buttercup?”

She wiped her eyes and sat up.

“I blew it.”

I raised my eyebrow.

“What do you mean you blew it? What are you talking about?”

She put her head in her hands.

“With Kris, I blew it.”

I had a feeling what this was about, but I could’ve been wrong.

“How did you blow it with Kris?”

She got up off of her bed and began to pace.

“Well, I finally phoned him at school today after avoiding his texts all day. I didn’t mean to avoid him, but I couldn’t get my mind off of Trent..”

My eyes widened.

“Trent?! Why were you thinking about Trent?”

She sighed. “Will you let me finish my story, please?”

I put my hand out, gesturing her to continue.

“Trent had been texting and phoning my cell a lot lately, and he had confronted me after you went to the library today. I had told him that I wanted him to leave me alone. He tried to tell me that no one will look at me the way he did. I told him that I was happy and found someone else. He said he missed me, that I’ve changed. I know I changed, but I thought it was for the better. I’m happy with Kris, y’know? I walked away from Trent and a small part of me thought he would listen to me. Clearly, I was wrong. He still won’t leave me alone.” She sighed before continuing, still pacing. “Then there’s Kris. I called him after our first class and I may or may not have been a little awkward with him, I don’t know. But then, he does and mentions Trent’s name and the conversation went downhill from there. I got mad at him and I hung up on him.” She turned to me as she sat back down beside me, tears springing into her eyes once again. “Oh Steph, what if I lost him?”

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

“I don’t think you lost him. You just had a momentary breakdown. I’m sure if you call him and talk it out, he’ll understand.”

She let out a long, deep breath and nodded.

“Yea, I guess you’re right.” She ran one of her hands through her hair. “So, you said you came here to tell me something?”

I dropped my head and stared at the floor for a few seconds. I didn’t want to tell her, but I knew I had to. She needed to know, and it would eat at me if I didn’t say anything.

“Yeah, umm….” I sighed. “Trent came to my house today after dinner.”

Her eyes widened. “What?! What did he say?”

I began to twiddle my thumbs as I explained the same story I had told Kris just moments ago.

“He wants you back, and he wants me to help him.”

She scoffed. “Well, you obviously told him that you won’t help him, right?”

I nodded my head. “Of course, I did. I told him that you were with someone now, that you moved on.”

She sighed and stepped off the bed once again. Before she was able to pace, I stopped her. Grabbing a hold of her arms, I made her face me.

“There’s more.” She stared at me, giving me the urge to continue. “He said that until he had proof that you were with someone else, you were his.”

Her eyes widened and her face went white. She sat back down on her bed, this time backing up and leaning against the headboard.

“What the hell does that mean?”

I sighed and moved so I was sitting beside her.

“I don’t know, but I think you should talk to Kris. Tell him everything, and get your relationship with him back on track.”

She nodded.

“You’re right. I’ll call him in the morning.” She stretched her arms over her head as she yawned. I smiled at her.

“Well, I’m gonna head home. Haven’t got the chance to call Sid to say goodnight. See you tomorrow?”

She nodded and I left her room, closing her door behind me. Turning to go back down the stairs, I was startled. Her mom was standing right in front of me, obviously waiting to hear what was wrong with Kaitlyn. I gave her a small smile.

“Boy troubles. It’s all fixed now. No worries. I’ll see ya.”

She smiled and waved at me as I walked past her. As soon as I stepped out of Kaitlyn’s house, I pulled out my phone to text Kris.

You’ll get a call in the morning. Don’t tell her about the plan. It’ll be better if it’s a surprise, believe me.

After sending that message, I dialed Sid’s number. I knew that we was probably sleeping, but I wanted to leave him a message to wake up to. I felt bad that I didn’t call him after he texted me earlier, so this was me making up for it. I had everything that I was going to say planned in my head, but of course, in true Sid fashion, he just had to pick up.

“Steph? Is everything okay?”

I sighed.

“It is now, or at least it will be. I didn’t expect you to answer. I wanted to leave you a nice message to wake up to.”

He chuckled lightly, followed closely by a yawn.

“Well, how about I hang up and then you call back and leave a nice voicemail? I know you’re just going to call back to do it later anyways.”

I smiled. “You know, Crosby, it’s getting a little scary how much you know me.”

“Well, I tend to know things about those I love. I’m hanging up now, so feel free to call back in 30 seconds to leave your message. Love you.”

If anyone were to see the look on my face, they would know I was love sick teenager.

“Well then, by all means, learn all about me, then.” I laughed. “Love you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A plan is in place to get rid of Trent.... will it work?

hope you enjoy.

steph <3