Clan of Blood

hearts divided

"Let me tell you why you are here. You are here because you know something. What you know you can't explain it but you can feel it. You have fought it your entire life. But there is something wrong with the world; you don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."

He sat across from me in a red leather chair in the dark musty room. "Do you know of what I speak?" he asked sitting forward and observed me.

"The dreams" I whispered as I sank in my chair trying to hide form him.

"Do you want to know what they are?" he questioned. I nodded slightly in response.

"The dreams are not at all fable as human books say. They are all around us, even in this room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on electronics."

"You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church and even do your taxes."

"It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." "The truth of what?" I asked, and he smiled as if that was exactly what he wanted to hear.

"That you are a slave, born into a prison you can't smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind." He sat back and sighed. "Unfortunately no one can be told what the real world is. You have to see it for yourself." He said and pulled out a knife from his pocket.

I jumped up and ran for the door but he was already there waiting for me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled my arm behind my back.

"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back." He whispered in my ear and sliced his forearm open. Blood dripped down to the floor and my stomach tightened as I felt like I was going to be sick.

He held his arm up to my mouth and forced the blood in it. I spat it out violently as the bitter taste slid down my throat and into by body. He held me as I tried to shove him away but his arms were iron bars around me. I screamed as a burning pain ran through my body, but he did not leave me only pulled me closer to his chest protectively.

I dug my nails deep into his arms until blood came up but he would not give up on me. My body shook uncontrollably and my vision became blurry as the poison in my veins killed any humanity that was left inside of me. I screeched inhumanly as I felt my body's anatomy changing rapidly into a monster.

I went limp in his arms and my heartbeat slowed to a small pitter patter every minute or so. Time was gone as I lay there gasping for air that was being sucked out from my lungs. The color went from my brown eyes and they faded to coal lifeless black.

The demon that was deep inside me that we all try to hide was surfacing to my conscious mind and everything was gone.

***Elyssia's p.o.v.***

I heard her unearthly screams as I strode down the hallway that never seemed to end. Soon she would be as much of an evil dwelling as I was and she would be trained by Gabriel in the darkest of arts of how our world functions.

I felt a twinge of human compassion run threw me. I knew that now she would see and know of the other clans that existed. That she will see the war that has been raging for lifetimes.

But oddly there was something different about this girl, like she had a grasp of our world already and had accepted it, molded it to herself so she could control it.

I know Gabriel will break that of her soon though. She is bonded to him like no other I have ever seen in my Meany years as a slave to the creature that lived inside of me. To have dreams, and even actually see the real world is truly both a gift and a curse. But to see him in her dreams…it makes me wonder.

I threw open the door to the library and searched through endless books that were recorded of the 9 clans. The chivalie, the lugaru, the sanguine, the wyvern, the daemonium, the Oskorei, the Anglo, the Banshee, and the nephlium.

'All monsters were originally derived of one of the clans. In some rare cases a being can be derived of two clans conflicting there existence to this world.' I read silently as I brushed a strand of black hair out of my face.

I skimmed threw piles and mounds of rotting leather books that were scattered across the floor and found nothing that referred to a human having an unconscious relationship with a cherub, especially Gabriel. He has so much of the beast in him that sometimes I think he actually enjoys being on the other side.

Could it be possible that threw some way he saw her when she saw him? Could it be when he was out on a hunt or just planning our next attack on the lugarus? How much does she already know about our world?

A pile of books fell down from a shelf across the room and I looked up at Jericho.

"Has he told you anything about this new girl?" I asked. He smiled down at me as he put the pieces of what I was doing together. "You won't find anything about her in these books. You see she is quite unique. Her body was practically ripped in half and yet her soul would not leave it. It clung to her as if it was not yet finished here." He said looking at the wall while he was thinking.

"She is precious in way; some part of her, barred very deep is coming out and fusing with her vamperic side along with her human nature, but it's nothing that we know of."

"I believe that this other part of her has reached out and Gabriel unconsciously grabbed it because it's so different than the rest of us. He loves her and holds her nature close to his heart. But what he doesn't understand is that it might bite him someday and he believes that by turning her into a cherub there connection will grow and therefor she will never leave his side." He explained.

I sat there for a moment taking it all in, trying to make sense of it.

"do you think she is his human soul mate and that he believes that she will love him in this life because he didn't have the chance to be with her in the last one" I spoke. The words seemed to eco in my head as we heard a loud crash and the wild growling of the other side.

"I don't know. But she owns some part of his soul because she is attached to him as much as he is to her but she hates it, and will fight him every step of the way." He replied. We sat and listened to the horrible noises that came from the hallway.

I knew whatever she was; it was an advantage I could use.

***at the hospital***

I flew up from the small white bed and gasped as fresh air filled my lungs. I had no time to louse; I needed to reach them and tell them the news.

I ripped out the needles that were lodged into my skin and threw the cords and wires to the floor. A nurse came running into my room and bade me to lie back down and have the doctor come examine me.

I shoved her aside and ran down the cool hallway in my hospital gown, not caring at all if anything hung out.

I could feel myself changing, by breathing was up, my heartbeat was racing in my ears. I itched at my flesh as I ran past the nurse station, ripping it off and fur replaced it.

I rolled my head back and let out a loud howl for speed to get back to my clan. Before I knew it my wolf side had taken over and I was running on all fours towards the forest.

Leaves flew all around me as I bound threw the wooded home of the clans.

"They have the girl" I howled out to my clan threw the thick morning mist.

"There is nothing we can do for her now Achilles. Just pray that she survives" sadiya ran up beside me and said. "Pray that the Seraphim within her will guide her to us, and that this war will end."
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you all like it!!!!