Clan of Blood

Magic and vampires don't mix.

Some thing in my life that I wanted to do before I died was going to my school prom with a cute boy. He would drive up to my house in his car and my corny mother could take silly pictures of us and post them of Facebook. He would match my blue dress that I had already had, wearing a blue tie and white tux and we would dance until our feet hurt. We would scream along to the music until we had no voices left. Then he would hold me tightly on the last slow dance and kiss me, whispering sweet nothings in my ear as glitter fell down for the ceiling an on our faces.

That would never happen, I realized that now.

Elyssia grabbed hold of my hand and pushed open the wooden door that I stood in front of. We were at an abandon warehouse and somehow Elyssia got a car and drove us half an hour away and into a big city. The sun was set and the sky was clear, stars twinkled and danced along with the music that was pouring out of the building.

She pulled be in behind her, keeping a tight grip on my hand. I tired to pull down the short dress but it was helpless, no matter what way I stood I still looked like a stripper.
I looked up into the room and saw a hoard of people all crowded together, if you could call them people. None of them were human.

The windows reflected off the colored lights that flashed in all directions, horns and clawed hands reached up to the roof that looked like someone just took a can of paint and threw it up in the air.

My eyes shot around crazy, and the strong sent of blood was in the air. I felt my fangs elongate and my best taking over. “Keep an eye out for anything strange. Gabriel has spies everywhere and he would have my head if he found out that is pet had sneaked out.” Elyssia said to me, but was barley audible over the crazy music that rang in my ears; it was a mix of chanting and pop rock.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of my monster, but I grew dizzy, and it only made my hunger grow. “How do you control the smell? I feel like I want to kill everyone in this room.” I stated as we came to a stop next to the bar. It was a long illuminated table with drinks of all concoctions available.

She turned around and looked at me, putting her hand on my face and tilting my head back so she could look at my fangs. “You’re not all the way there yet. Your eyes haven’t changed. We have a few hours.” She observed and dropped her and from me.

“What do you mean a few hours?” I asked harshly, but she ignored be and turned to the bartender. He was a large man with a face similar to a dog with scary barbs for hair like a porky pine. He was dressed in a black vest and blue jeans, like a human. Strange. I tilted my head over at the door as more guests entered. My heart fluttered with hope to see wolf boy again, but it was just a group of short pixy looking people with green and pink hair. Must be fairies of some sort.

“Give me a molt blood shaker, my friend is new at the game and hasn’t got a hold on her feeding tactics.” She said to the porky pine man. Then she leaned in closer and produced small bag purple velvet of jingling coins and gave it to the man. “Have you seen bane?” she whispered. “He is not here yet, helping a group of shadow hunters’ track down someone. I hear its Valentine.” He said in a rigged voice. “Keep an eye on the door, Roy, and let me know when the wolf woman gets here.” She replied.

The music sped up and began to pound in my ears; I was swept into the crowd of dancing creatures and away from Elyssia, who didn’t seem to notice.

The wave of people began dancing all around me and I spun wildly looking for a way out, but it was to tightly packed. I breathed deeply and let the sound slide over me, before I realized it my hands were in the air as I danced with all the others around me.

I couldn’t help but laugh at myself as I fit in the crowed so perfectly. People formed a circle around me and a strange man joined in dancing with me enthusiastically. His hair was as black as black could be and he and make up painted all over his face. He wore pink and green eye shadow and I caught a glimpse of yellow cat eyes as he spun me around and I landed in his arms.

He was clean shaven and was wearing tight black leather pants and a glittering shirt that reflected off the spinning lights. At this point I felt like I was drunk, but I had nothing to drink. He winked down at me and pulled me up to a standing position.

“So you must be Gabriel’s little protégé. A very good dancer at that too, even with the fairy music.” She smiled revealing sharp teeth. I felt a harsh shove from behind me and a stern grip on my shoulder that made me jump ten feet in the air.

“She is not up for bids Bane. The clan has claimed her and you know who her father is. Besides, Gabriel has taken a personal interest in her.” Elyssia’s voice behind me was threatening. But the man known as Bane didn’t even flinch. He bowed down and took my hand kissing it and sending sparks threw my body. Rising again he smiled “Magnus Bane, high warlock of Brooklyn, at your service my dear.”

“And as for Gabriel,” His face drew together and grew angry. “This would be the first time he took an interest in anything. He needs to let the rest of us have a change to…” he trailed off and his daring eyes fell back on me.

“That’s odd. Your eyes, they are not changing like a normal vampire.” His eyes narrowed suspiciously at Elyssia. “She is a vampire?” he asked. She simply nodded and moved beside Magnus so she should see me too. They both stood for a long moment in silence.

“What?” I finally spoke wondering what the hell they were both looking at. Bane turned to Elyssia. “When was she turned? Did you know about her…family when you turned her? Something is wrong. Could it be… that she inherited her father’s trait?” he asked without taking his eyes off of me. “That is none of your concern. We came here for business strictly. Now if you don’t mind, we have friends to be meeting.” She said and grabbed my arm to take me away, but Magnus stopped her.

“You can leave. But the girl stays with me. There is magic in her veins, its counteracting her vampire nature. I want her. What’s your price?” he said, a bag of gold forming in his and out of thin air.
Elyssia’s face grew dark. “She is not for sale. Bane. Leave well enough alone.” She hissed at him. “How about I don’t kill you and I give you the money, you go back to the prince of darkness and tell him I killed her. No questions asked. Perfect plan in every way.” He said.

I looked deep into his eyes and felt drawn to him, I couldn’t help it. I moved next to him and he placed an arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side. He smelled like a fruity perfume mixed with deadly charm.

Elyssia stepped forward and her fangs elongated. “If I lose her Gabriel will come after me, not to mention her father.” She said a low and monstrous voice. “I would be doing her father a favor taking her away from you. There might even be a way to reverse this curse you put on her. She has magic in her blood, not that mumbo jumbo vampire crap, real pure blood magic. It’s been almost two hundred years sense I have seen one of her kind. The ones Gabriel destroyed. She stays. Now leave.”

I felt the tension in the room suddenly break as Elyssia attacked Bane with her claws. He propelled me out of the way so I wouldn’t get hurt, and threw a green ball of fire at her.

The crowd around us saw the fight break out and ran in all directions in a mad panic. I felt myself being shoved and I was falling to the floor. Before I could hit the hard wood surface strong hands wrapped around me. I looked up to see familiar eyes watching me intently. Achilles pulled me to my feat his brown eyes concerned.

“What the hell happened? You sere supposed to meat us next to the bar.” He said confused. Sadiya, the wolf women appeared next to him. “Bane found out that she had magic, he is fighting with a vampire over her. We should leave.” She explained. “I can’t leave Elyssia here!” I said. I hated when people make decisions for me. “She is likely to die crossing Magnus, and although I approve of him and agree with what he is doing we don’t have much time. We need to get you training. Gabriel will be on you in an instant if he finds out your gone.” She said, trying to make me understand.
I mulled this idea over.

Elyssia would be okay; I just had to keep that in my head. The whole reason we came here was for my training anyway, she would want me to leave. “Okay. Let’s go.” I sighed. Achilles kept one hand on my back as he lead me through the rubble around us that was left after the big fight that flooded outside. I felt strange about allowing him to touch me when I was wearing a snakish dress that was now dirty and ripped at the bottom.

But his hand was worm and welcoming and it made he blush. Every now and then I would catch him looking at me from the corner of his eyes as we hiked back to the forest on foot.

Why was I so important? To be fought over by someone I didn't even know…it must make me significant. I was never essential in my old life, just another speck of dust. Now all eyes were on me…waiting for me to choose a side in a war I knew nothing about.
♠ ♠ ♠
its been forever sense i have updated. here you go!