Teenagers

You Lucky Bitch

She's straight... Or maybe she's bi. I have no clue. I just know that she did see a good-looking guy today. She says she has no clue who he was, but she thinks she heard his friend say Kyle.

If she's right, I knew the guy. He was in my seventh period. I didn't tell her this, though, because she informed me she had seventh period band with me, which was pretty funny, considering that's the class we skipped together.

Too soon, I had to leave unless we wanted my mom to go out on a rampage looking for me.

I sat in my truck in her driveway, looking out at her through the window. "Goodbye, Amaya."

She looked sad for a second, her big brown eyes staring up at me, looking so innocent...then she pulled out her cigarettes and waved goodbye.

As I drove away, I hoped Kyle wouldn't be at school the next morning.
Used to driving with the windows down, the chill of the morning made me uncomfortable in my truck. I did open my window just a crack when I recognized Amaya's cigarette pack on my seat. I wasn't much of a smoker, but it made me smile as i thought of her leaving them for me

I watched the smoke fall out of the truck window in swirls through the half-open window.

Finally, I got to school, carrying her cigarettes in my pocket, looking for her, and hoping to not see Kyle. Through the day, I didn't. I finally gave Amaya her cigarettes in 6th period and thanked her. When I said I had only taken one, she frowned and tried to shove them back into my jacket.

"You can have them," she insisted, but I denied, telling her I did not want them.

Walking to seventh period together, though, she snuck them into my bag, and I didn't notice until it was too late. Laughing, we ran eachother down all the way to the bandroom. Inside, it was loud, dozens of different sounds blasting through that room. Amaya covered her ears at first, and I walked her over to Mr. L, and he took her into the office while I sat down and begun preparing for class. Carlos waved at me, sending a questioning glance at the girl who had been walking with me. I waggled my eyebrows now, and he laughed, then cocked his head to the side as if to ask, 'really?'

I giggled and shook my head, wishing he was next to me so that I could tell him everything, leaving out minor details that included the "incident" in the bathroom.

When she came back out of the office, she held a pretty, golden saxophone in her hand, smiling proudly as she took a chair next to Carlos. He winked at me and instantly shot up a conversation with her as I sent a burning glare at him. 'you lucky bitch,' I mouthed.

Then Kyle sat next to Amaya, and she looked up at me, looking sideways at him and then back at me. I sighed, but gave her my best smile. I knew my face was going to be in the toilet bowl tonight.