Status: In Progress.

Closer to the Edge

Attitude

I stood with my arms crossed over my chest as my dad got all of our bags out of the trunk. I was still angry with him and he very well knew it. He had told me I was acting childish, but I didn't care.

He closed the trunk and picked up our bags. I followed him as he walked to the bus. My uncle, Shannon, and Tomo were already inside waiting on us.

"There's my favorite niece!" Shannon said as he hugged me.

"I'm your only niece."

"Well, someones in a bad mood," he said.

"Don't take any offense to it," my dad said. "She's still angry with me and taking it out on everyone."

"That's no way to be," Shannon said.

I ignored him as I walked to the couch and took my cell phone out of my pocket.

"Jacey, can you not put that thing away for five minutes?" my dad asked me.

"Look who's talking," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Your cell phone is practically glued to your ear."

I heard my dad sigh as he went to the back to put our bags up. Shannon came to sit with me on the couch while Tomo went to tell the driver that we were ready to go.

"He's doing it for your own good you know," Shannon said.

"So he said," I said as I text one of my friends back.

"Give him some credit, Jace," he said. "He's a single father raising a teenager. That's not easy for him. He's been raising you since you were little and your mom-"

"She is not my mom," I said quickly. "She never was so don't even refer to her as my mom."

"Sorry," he said, "but you see what I'm saying don't you?"

"Sure," I said.

Shannon just shook his head. I think he finally understood that he wasn't going to be able to talk any sense into me. The bus finally came to life and Tomo came back to where we were. He sat down on the other side of me.

"Excited about the tour?" Tomo asked me.

"I guess," I said as I shrugged.

We all stayed quiet while I continued texting some friends. They were all pretty bummed that I wouldn't be spending the summer with them. I was too. Before long, my dad walked from the back and got himself a bottled water.

"So, Jacey, what do you feel like doing?" my dad asked. "We have movies and games. Not much else to do on here."

"Well, if it's alright with you, Jared, I'd like to do nothing," I said, not calling him dad. "but feel free to watch one of your movies or play one of your games."

"Alright, I've had it!" he yelled. "Go to your room!"

"I don't have a room," I said. "If you haven't noticed, we're on a bus."

"There's a room back there that's yours," he said. "Go back there if you're going to keep acting the way you are."

"My pleasure," I said and got up from the couch.

I walked to the room he was talking about and shut the door roughly. I could already tell this was going to be such a fun tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. Thank you to everyone that has read and subscribed. I really appreciate it :). I may be featuring another band or two in this story, but I haven't decided on who yet. Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far. Also, give me some ideas for some bands and I may use one of them. I have been thinking about Falling In Reverse or Black Veil Brides. I don't know.