Status: In Progress.

Closer to the Edge

Ray of Sunshine

The next day, I was in my room listening to my iPod. I had barely came out since my dad had sent me to it. Shannon kept trying to coax me out, but I never budged. I didn't want to see my dad and he obviously didn't want to see me either so I made it easy for the both of us.

As I changed the song on my iPod, the door to my room opened. I rolled my eyes as I seen my dad standing there. I guess I had forgot to lock the door.

"Ever heard of privacy?" I asked taking my earphones out.

"I knocked, but you obviously didn't hear me," he said. "We're almost at the venue."

"Yay," I said, unenthusiastically.

"Come on out here with the rest of us," he said, ignoring my comment.

"I'll just stay in here."

"No, you won't."

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Remember what I told you at home," he said. "You're to be with at least one of us at all times. We're not leaving you on this bus alone."

"Fine," I said as I sighed and got up from the bed to put my shoes on.

When I got them on, I followed him into the lounge area where Shannon and Tomo were hanging out.

"Well, look who decided to join us," Shannon said when he seen me.

"Only because he made me," I said as I pointed at my dad.

"Well, either way, you're still out here," he said. "Still angry it sounds like."

"Yup," I said.

"You should just get over it already," my dad said. "Staying angry at me isn't going to help anything."

"It helps a bit," I said as the bus stopped, indicating we had made it to our destination.

I followed Shannon and Tomo off of the bus and into the bright sunlight. I shielded my eyes from the brightness as I looked around. The first thing my eyes caught was another tour bus. I raised my eyebrows curiously.

"Uh, why is another tour bus here?" I asked.

"Did your dad not tell you?" Shannon asked me.

"Tell me what?" I asked, curiously.

"Black Veil Brides is on tour with us," he said. "I can't believe he didn't tell you."

Another band was on tour with us and my dad had failed to mention this bit of information to me. I turned over to look at him.

"Oh, Black Veil Brides will be on tour with us," he said.

"Thank you, captain obvious," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You like them don't you?" he asked as we walked to the back doors of the venue.

I couldn't say I was a huge fan of theirs, but I did like their music.

"I've listened to them a little bit," I said as I shrugged. "They're not bad."

"Then you should get along."

We made it inside the venue and walked to Black Veil Brides dressing room. Their door was open so my dad, Shannon, and Tomo walked right on in. I decided not to go in with them and to find their dressing room. I wasn't really in the mood to meet anyone. I found it a little ways down the hallway and walked in. There was a couch sitting in the corner so I went over to it and plopped down. Even though the tour hadn't even really started, I could already tell I was going to be bored a majority of the time. If this was how it was going to be, I didn't know what I was going to do.

"Jacey, what are you doing in here?" Shannon asked when he found me moments later. "Come meet the guys."

"I don't really want to right now."

"Fine, miss antisocial," he said.

He left and I laid my head back on the couch. Before long, I heard footsteps. I thought it would be Shannon again, but was surprised to open one of my eyes to find Andy Sixx, the lead singer of Black Veil Brides, walking in. I didn't know all of the members of the band, but I knew him. He had been in some magazine articles I had read and websites. I opened my eyes and lifted up my head as he stopped in front of me.

"Jacey, right?" he asked.

"Who else would I be?" I asked.

"Right," he said. "Well, I'm Andy. I thought I would come introduce myself since you didn't come in our dressing room with Jared, Shannon, and Tomo."

"Obviously there was a reason for that," I said.

I watched as he raised his eyebrows at me. He was probably wondering why I was being such a bitch. He was being nice after all, but that's just how I was sometimes. I had no filter.

"So," he said, "I guess your excited about this tour, huh?"

"Hardly."

"Why's that?"

"I have way better things I could be doing right now besides being on tour with all of you," I said, plainly.

"Well, why aren't you out doing those things instead of being here with us then?" he asked with a detection of anger in his voice. I was guessing he was finally fed up with being nice.

"It wasn't really my decision if you must know," I said to him.

"Are you always such a bitch to people?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said as I shrugged and played like I didn't know what he was talking about. "Am I being a bitch now?"

He was quiet for a moment before he replied with a sarcastic comment.

"You're a ray of fuckin' sunshine."

I just stared at him as he stared back at me. He finally got the hint that I wasn't going to say anything back and walked out of the room. I watched him as he walked away. I had to admit, he was pretty sexy. Especially when he was angry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really appreciate it :). I hope all of you are okay with the decision to use Black Veil Brides. Please comment and tell me what you think of the story so far.