Status: Completed \m/

Closure

Sick

"Bless you" Jacky said to Olivia who was facing the opposite direction peering through the kitchen cabinets after she sneezed. His voice almost took her off guard because she thought she was the only one home. Everyone else was out and about. Jacky's soft voice was hard to be frightened by though.

"Thank you"  She turned around, Jacky was caring a plastic CVS bag "Went shopping?" she asked 

"I got these for you" He offered her the bag. 

"What's this?" Olivia opened the bag to find Kleenex and Germx "Oh Jacky, I'm not that sick" She coughed and wheezed. Jacky patted her back 

"Are you ok?" Jacky asked, 

"Oh yeah I'm fine" Her voice was becoming hoarse. She had been under the weather for the last week, denying the fact she had caught a cold. Jacky looked concerned "Thank you Jacky" She gave her friend a hug.

The next morning, waking up she had trouble breathing, her voice becoming hoarser. She stood outside the apartment door, barefoot in her sweats and a sweater. Even though the early morning air in the 80s. She was having chills, then hot flashes. Her hair was down, and dry. She hadn't taken a shower yet. 

"Good Morning Oli" Zola greeted 

"Hi Zola" Olivia voice rasped 

"I'm guessing your not coming to work today?" Olivia shook her head, trying to put a minimum to her speech. "Well, I was wondering when you'dp call in sick. Feel better soon Oli" Zola left to her car. 

~xXx~

"I don't want to go to the doctors anymore!" Olivia squealed, stomping out her and Ronnie's adjoined bathroom. He followed after her to the bedroom. She was drawing the curtains.

"Why not?" Ronnie pleaded 

"Because" she glanced over her shoulder  

"'Cause why?" 

It was late, She was tired because of having to strain her voice all day. It getting worse each time she talked. She got her cell phone from the dresser to text Ronnie 

I doubt you would want to go after spending 9 days of your life in a hospital  

"But you're so sick" Ronnie said out loud 

I know. It's just cold, I'll get over it

"And what if you don't!?" Ronnie said in an growing aggravated tone. 

I don't want to talk about this, Ronald

"Olivia, you can't even speak" 

"Yes I can" She failed at talking once again, speaking in a shotty, squealing, barely audible voice.   

Three days came and went. Olivia didn't get any better. Only worse, Jacky was talking louder than her. Ronnie never stop pestering her to go to the doctors, and Stina put her on  bed rest. Every so often bringing her soup, checking in on her and treating her with over the counter medicines from the drugstore. 

you can't let her do to this to me! Olivia texted Ronnie, he was out with Derek and Ryan

Until you got to the doctors I'm enforcing Stina's decisions  

Unbelievable! She thought, fuck this. She got up from bed, put on some clothes and got her tote bag.  Upon opening the door, her 'you can't keep me in here forever' march was abruptly be to a hault. 

"Sorry Oli" Jacky grimaced getting up from the chair that was supposed to be in the dinning area. He was standing guard. 

"Not you too" Olivia attempted to say but mostly mouthed, she slammed the door in Jacky's face, then flung her bag off her shoulders spending it flying in some general direction, then plopping on the bed in defeat. A few minutes went by where she just sat the edge of the bed the arms tightly across her chest. Calming down she to the door. Of course Jacky was there in the same spot.

"Sorry, Stina and Ronnie are making me do this"

I'm sorry for slamming the door in your face ): Olivia texted Jacky 

"I understand" Jacky nodded. Of course he of all people would understand. He always did, even when Olivia wasn't sure herself. She never admit that sometimes she felt like Jacky understood her better than Ronnie or any other person she knew. 

Come in, I need someone to talk too  

"But you can't talk, Oli"

It seemed like everyone had to remind her of that fact. as if she was that oblivious She  wanted tell Jacky not be so damn literal. Then she remembered; she couldn't speak, and she didn't feel like texting that to him.

watch a movie with me Jacky got up and walked in the room. Olivia put pillows at the foot of the bed, and restarted the movie she was already watching. 

"Relax" She managed a whisper and patted the bed space next to her, Jacky stood there awkwardly. He didn't feel comfortable sitting, much less just to lay on Olivia's bed she shared with Ronnie every night. That was a boundary he wasn't willing to cross. He'd rather sit on the floor, instead he got the chair from the hallway and dragged it in the room.

~x*X*x~
Author's Note

Merr, short chapter. It's Friday as I'm finishing this. There's 16 more days left of school. I'm freaking out! I want to update as much as I can before summer! 

Well, no time to ramble. Working on Chapter 13!

To heathyrxmisery: 

I do not wish to include Mr. Green nor Mabbitt in this story. I included them a little in the beginning of the prequel but it was never drama really between them at least. It was sort of a complete 2nd plot. I scrapped it about halfway through that story because I wanted to concentrate on Oli/Ronnie & finish. But fret not dear lovely there will be drama!

Guess what!? Chapter updates every single day this week :)

Subscribe? COMMENT!

So I'll post again tomorrow!

Sincerely yours, Blacklisted Me.