Status: Completed \m/

Closure

Fish Out Of Water

That night Olivia laid in bed restlessly turning over, wrapping herself in the covers before ripping them off again while Jenn rested peacfully a few yards across from her. She closed her eyes again and attempted to empty her thoughts. That's when all her worry and grief flooded her conscience.

What if I can't get my job back? What if I've made all the wrong choices? Will Nason get better? Marti, does he hate me? I love him, don't I? Ronnie, oh god I've fucked eveything up! worrying never seized until she finally drifted in unpeaceful slumber.

~Dream told in Olivia's Point of view~


I was building a wall? Yeah, that's what I was doing. It was sunny out in the forest clearing I was working in. I don't know where I got the strength to haul the red bricks on to already established wall but I was doing a pretty damn good job adding smooth layers of cement between bricks.

"You're being ridiculous" a soft male voice spoke I turned around. Jacky was standing there arms crossed with a concerned expresson.

"Excuse me?" I asked

"You don't have to this. Oli, just stop, please?"

"No," I shook my head adding another brick to my wall "How else can I protect myself?" I smoothed cement on top of the brick.

"Oli don't do this" I heard another. I looked up it was Nason.

"Shut up" I ignored my cousin continuing my building.

"I didn't want to have to do this" I saw Marti in my periphial vision. I glanced up for a better look only to find him wielding a sledgehammer he started slaming away at what I just bulit. I wanted to scream, yell at him to stop instead I just watched and did nothing.
~


Olivia eyes opened, it was still just as dark when she drifted asleep. Her breathing was rapid from the dream. She sat up her bare feet touching the cool wood floor of the bedroom.

"Since I'm up I might as well be active" she muttered to herself dragging herself over to her suitcases and getting some clothes then to adjoined bathroom and in the shower. She stood in the shower letting the warm water race through her hair as she remembered her dream.

"Damn it" She cursed grabbing her forhead then massaging her temples "Fucking headache" she turned off the water and wrapped herself in a towel. She wiped the condensation off the mirror and stared at her reflection.

"Shameful" she silently whispred and pried herself away from the reflection and dressed.

Olivia peeped out of the bathroom to see Jenn still sleeping. She eyed the digital clock on her night stand. It was hardly six pm! One thing Olivia thought to do to waste time. It guaranteed atleast two occupied hours. Straightening her hair.

"This seems good enough" Olivia told herself going over a few more wavy pieces then curling her bangs under slightly. She checked time and was unsatisfied with the time.

7:22 AM? That leaves time for make up... Olivia retrieved her make up bag and proceded to apply the cosmetics to her face. She had already taken the time to completely straighten her hair and apply make up it was only apropriate to pick something cute instead of shorts and tank tops like wore nearly everyday. A navy blue dress that a came to mid thigh with a low v-neck accompied by black tights (without holes) and kitten heel ankle boots. Olivia left the bedroom and went to living room half expecting Aaron to be there ready. Wishful thinking. She climbed up the stairs and knocked on the first door and waited "Aro!?" She knocked again but checked to find if the door was locked which wasn't "Hello?" Olivia whispred sticking her head in, the room appeared vacant. She went to the next bedroom and quitely peeped inside to find Rue in bed.

"Maybe he forgot about me?" Olivia shrugged and went back downstairs and the livingroom where she decided to wait a little while longer. She went for the remote but noticed someone left their laptop open on the coffee table. Checking the time Olivia also looked around her before she pulled up Safari.

"Mapquest" Olivia muttered as she type. Guessing Aaron wouldn't pop up anytime soon and not wanting to bother Jenn with the favor Olivia took it upon herself to jot down directions to from her current location to The Inkshop with a note and pen that was conveniently on table as well and walk. It wasn't very far away and it was already almost nine. Olivia wanted to be there before Zola.

~

Olivia stood in front of the closed, locked doors of the Inkshop. She looked through the large windows it was dark. Olivia sighed stepping back but had to catch her breath when she saw Zola's reflection behind her own.

"Oli, can I help you?" Zola asked. She glared down at Olivia, Zola must have drawn her eyebrows slightly angier that morning or just angry at her former apprentice.

"Zola you scared me" Olivia gasped Zola kept her gaze "Well, I was wondering if still have my apprenticeship?"

"I don't know you tell me since you've been gone for nearly three months"

"Please hear me out? I got, really sick and things weren't really working out with my living situation so I had to move but everythings completely fine now" Zola's expression hadn't change the slightest.

"You can't just run off like that with telling anyone. It's irresponsible. You can't just come and go as you please. How do I know you won't pull something like this again?"

"Because I've learned a major valuable lesson and I'd never ever do it again" Olivia was pretty much begging for her job back and was seconds from getting on her knees if Zola didn't budge.

"I don't know" Zola's expression soften a tad bit. She walked past Olivia to unlock the shops doors. Olivia followed behind like lost puppy.

"Please?"

"Consider yourself on probation"

"Yes! Thank you, thank you!"

"Yeah don't make me regret this. Remember what I've taught you?" Zola asked Olivia nodded egarly "Good now set up my station" Zola tossed the renewed aprintence her case keys.

"On it!" Olivia hurried quickly to the station and took out all nessary supplies "Ok lets see if really remember how to do this" she muttered to herself putting on gloves

"What was that?" zola asked

"Oh nothing, I'm finished" Olivia said.

"Awesome, you didn't forget"

"Are you ok?" Olivia asked when she saw her boss' slightly worried expression.

"Yeah, it's just that Aaron's usually here by now" Zola said watching her empolyees enter. First to come in was Sircie, just as remembered, she came with a big floppy hat and sunglasses followed by the brothers Marcus and Paul Olivia couldn't remember which was whom.

"I'm not saying anything" Sircie muttered and scoffed when she saw Olivia standing next to Zola's station

"Oh joy the apprentice decided to come crawling back" The brother that had the motorcyclist helmet under his arm.

"Marcus!" Zola said with warning. He rolled his eyes and went to his station.

"Anyone seen Aro? He always the first person here" the other brother asked, Olivia remembered his name was paul.

"He wasn't home this morning. I just assumed he was already on his way here" Olivia spoke to him, he looked at her questionably "I'm rooming with him and a few other friends now" She further explained herself. He nodded looking some what sad.

"Don't worry, your boyfriends fine. You can go one day" Marcus joked towards his brother.

"Shut your mouth" was all Paul replied before tending to his own business. The doorbell ringed everyone glanced towards the door. A costumer walked through. Zola quickly made way to the front of the shop.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"Well, I was hoping to get a tattoo?"

"Do have an appointment?" Zola asked but was interupted by the phone ringing "Hold up a sec?" She asked the customer to answer the phone "Inkshop?"

It appeared that the shop owner had her hands full especially when another costumer walked through. So like any good aprintence would do Olivia assisted while everyone else just watched.

"Do you have an appoiment?" Olivia asked the customer thar had just entered. He nodded

"Yeah, I have a portait tattoo scheduled with Marco" he said

"Marcus!?" She didn't really have get his attention because was already watching like everyone else.

"Do me a favor sweetheart and don't call me that again" He glared at Olivia like she had done something wrong.

She wanted snap back with 'Dont call me sweetheart' but she had already witnessed first hand that fights started in the shop quicker than fire. She bit her lip. Marcus walked away with his client.

"Thank you so much for that" Zola released a deepend sigh when she had taken care of everything.

"That's what I'm here for right?"

"No not really. You should be learning how to do tattoos" Zola shook her head sighing once more "C'mon theres some more stuff I need to show you" she started walking back.

"Shouldn't someone be up here just in case? At least until Aro shows up?"

"I'm guessing that someone is you?" Zola guessed, the apprentice smiled "Fine, Aaron keeps the appointment book under the desk. Remember Marcus does portaits, Paul does black and white work and Sircie does the more specialized tattoos"

"What kinda of tattoos do you usually do?"

"Everything really but mostly walk-ins that want to inked that day. When someone else is occupied I take appointments. Like, some wants a special tat and Sircie's booked send them to me"

"Simple enough"

"Really? Thats a lot of info to take in at once"

"I've got it" Olivia reassured her boss.

"Alright call me if you need any help"

Olivia sat at the recpection in Aaron desk chair that was much to high for her. Her heeled soles didn't even touch the tiled floor. She searched for the lever on the bottom of chair that would lower it. "Ah, here it is" Olivia said once finding it but it wouldn't budge. She yanked on it a few more hard times "Whoa!" The chair lowered faster than expected it made a clinking sound. Embarassed she looked behind her to see if anyone was staring. Thankfully no one was. "Keep it together, it's just your first day back" Olivia told herself opening the appoiment book and flipping todays date. She had to squint to see Aaron hand writing. He had wrote in pink sparkling gel pen.

~

The minutes could have been hours because that was how slow time was passing for Olivia. It wasn't very busy. A few calls, noting appointments, crossing off who ever showed up to there's. The shop doors opened triggering the bell in scuried Aaron five hours late. He was wearing sunglasses bigger Sircie's and hair in a messy ponytail.

"Oli! Good thing you're here. I'm so sorry"

"No problem. Are you ok?"

"I will be" he glanced over to see Zola occupied with tattooing. Olivia got out the chair and offered it to him. It was obvious he was exhausted due to his appearance, converse and jeans. "Thanks" he said gratefully "I just woke up an hour ago. I'm so hungover. I'm never drinking again!" He went to pull up his chair but it fell back down. He tried again but that the chair a cracking sound.

"What the hell," he lifted his hand up and he chair leaver was in it.

"Oh," Olivia said quietly "that sucks" she sighed sympathically.

"You broke my chair?"

"Sorry?"

Aaron raised and eyebrow

"I'll buy you a new one?"

Author's Note

Can we all just take a quick moment of silence to reflect on how amazing Good Girls Bad Guys music video was? Ok? Ok.

I watched last night & those two bryanstars interviews Ronnie did that I've been trying to avoid.

Subscribe? Comment!

This chapter was ehh but I do believe you guys will like the next two

Sincerely yours, Blacklisted Me.

So you love music? Remember love isn't always recieving but giving as well