Status: Completed sequel is up

Breaking Hearts Has Never Looked So Cool

Chapter 9

“At last! At fucking last!” Gerard called out as we drove up the gravel drive to a cute old-fashioned looking cabin that was pretty remote.

“Oh thank goodness,” I sighed; I had needed to pee for the past 2 hours.

It was already dark, and the sky this far upstate seemed clearer; the stars seemed more plentiful in the sky. I sighed as we climbed out of the car, gazing up.

“It’s stunning isn’t it,” said Gerard, walking so that he was standing next to me, gazing up in a similar way.

“Yeah, its beautiful,” I replied, and turned to him to see him looking at me. I smiled shyly.

“Are we going to bother unpacking the luggage and stuff?” I enquired,

“Let’s just get our own stuff,” he said with his usual roguish grin that I already loved. It almost regressed him to a mischievious little boy,

“We’ve had enough trauma for one day,” I agreed, and we grabbed our stuff and dragged it into the house.

Everyone else was serenely sat on the mismatched couches and chairs in the main room, looking as though they had been happily ensconced there for hours.

“Dudes,” called Ray the minute he saw us emerge through the door, “where the hell were you?”

“Yeah,” said Mikey, “what the hell took you so long?”

“We assumed you pulled over for a fuck or something,” added Frank, as usual bringing up a totally inappropriate – not to mention incredibly embarrassing, take on the situation.

I tried to stop myself from blushing, acutely aware that Annabelle would studiously be studying me.

“We went about 70 miles too far North,” I explained to their half disbelieving, half smirking faces.

“How did you manage that?” asked Matt, cocking an eyebrow at us.

“We just…” said Gerard uncertainly, “lost track of time,”

Annabelle was examining me shrewdly; I could feel her gaze ravaging my face.

“Anyway,” said Ray, clearly bored with this subject, “you’ve missed bedroom picking out,”

“Oh?” said Gerard, sitting down on a vacant space on the couch, whilst I sat on the arm of the chair Frank was sitting in.

“Yeah, there are two bedrooms,” explained Matt, “one just has a double bed, and the other one has bunk beds, a double bed, and a single,”

I made a face; it was practically a dormitory, for crying out loud,

“Shouldn’t the girls be in one room together?” I ventured to say, hoping against hope that I wouldn’t have to stay alone in a room with four disgusting boys.

“Too late,” said Ray, jerking his head towards the chair Annabelle and Mikey were entwined in, “The lovers over there shotgunned it the moment they saw it,”

Annabelle looked at me apologetically and I rolled my eyes. It was so typical of my luck.

“Well I shotgun the single bed in the other room then,” I said slightly irritably, “its only fair,”
“Again, too late,” said Ray with a smirk, and not a shred of shame, “that’s mine,”
“And the top bunk’s mine,” chimed in Matt with a cheery smile,

I looked at Frank and Gerard, “Shotgun bottom bunk!” we all called out at the same time.

I was mortified; my worst nightmare would be the awkwardness that would be induced by sharing a bed with Gerard – cringe! Frank looked from Gerard to me with an oddly studious look on his face.

“I don’t mind sharing with my cuz,” said Frank affectionately, “Gerard can have the bottom bunk,”

Looks like I didn’t have a choice in it, then. All for my initial reluctance – a small part of me was a little disappointed.

“Just keep to your side of the bed, ok?” I said as I dumped my suitcase next to the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late installment I forgot my password for stuff