The World Inside of You

oo3.

The day where I came out to Parker used to be one of the sweetest memories I had. We were sitting in the park in the watery sunshine, me drawing on a joint and Parker slurping down his forth or fifth ice cream. It was a routine that would soon be repeated for every Spring day for the following years. Parker was ranting, which he was good at, about his parents' constant threats to kick him out the house.

"It's so much easier for guys like you," he had sighed at the time, finishing his cone with a hangdog look.

"Guys like me?" I'd frowned at him. I was only nineteen, I had no idea what guys like me were supposed to be like. "What do you mean?"

"Well, straight guys," he'd blushed right to the roots of his self-cut hair and avoided my eyes while I burst out laughing, half from his comment and half from the giggles that weed would bring.

"Parker honey, I'm not straight. I'm gay, I've known I was gay since I was ten years old. It's the only thing about me I'm sure of. That I'm super, ultra, mega gay and-"

He'd silenced me with a shy, timid little kiss on the lips and an adorable goofy smile.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time," he'd said.

Like I said, it had been a sweet memory, until it was tainted a few years later. We hadn't started officially dating until just before his eighteenth birthday, though he'd moved into my spare bedroom thanks to his vaguely homophobic parents and the fact they'd too many mouths to feed. I'd invited him to join me in my room and in my heart as my official boyfriend and we'd dated for a beautiful year and a half. Until all the memories were tainted by the day I came home to him getting over a crying bout in our living room.

He told me in a quiet, but calm voice that he'd slept with somebody else from his school who was now threatening to tell me if Parker didn't.

"I've wanted to tell you for a long time," he'd said and with that my heart broke and all my memories were ruined.

As Greg pulled up in front of Parker's new place, I wondered what this new bombshell would bring and if there was anything else that could be ruined.
♠ ♠ ♠
really short chapter D: