Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

1

Okay, okay, I'll admit it; I'm excited. Of course, when Mikaela had first decided to drag me with her to the snowy mountains of bumfuck no where, I had been a little upset that she was making me do it. But being here now? It was amazing. This place was beautiful. And cold. But that's besides the point. Plus, this resort was crawling with hot guys that'd come for this snowboarding competition. Mikaela and I had spent the past half hour walking around the hotel swooning.

Currently, we sat in this large community room type of thing. It had a huge fireplace with a fire that probably never went out and dark red couches everywhere. Mikaela was explaining the schedule of things we had to do as I played tetris on my Gameboy DS. That's right - you heard me.

"So nothing particularly tonight?" I asked as I moved up to level 7.

"Nah, but I doubt we'll have trouble finding something to do."

"Worrrd... food?" I asked

"Room service, baby!" Mikaela sung as she threw her arms above her head. I couldn't help but laugh.

_________________________________________________________________________

"I promise August, it's not as hard as you think. Or as scary, or as anything." Mikaela pleeded as she tried to convince me to go snowboarding with her.

"I know it's not. You've made me go on several occasions... I'm just not in the mood to fall on my ass in front of masses of gorgeous guys." I reasoned.

"Fine," she laughed as she reached the chair life.

"Have fun," I said as I continued walking. There was a surprising amount of people out. It wasn't too late, so it shouldn't have been a surprise, but still. A little girl, probably around 5 or 6 years old went toppling over in front of me - her one foot that was free from the snowboard flying up. I squatted down next to her, "Do you want help?"I asked.

"No It's okay, thanks." she replied as she scrambled back to her feet. She had the widest smile on her face; it was contagious. I chuckled lightly as she headed off again.

As I walked along, the crowds of people started to thin out. It got to the point where there was only empty space surrounding me. Lamp posts still stood here and there, and I could see they continued on for a while. I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes as I listened to the silence. It was nice. I wished that any time I closed my eyes, I could feel this. A light, smooth, scratching noise came into ear shot.

As it continued, I opened my eyes. I turned just in time to see someone flying at me on a snowboard. I tried to get out of the way, but the back of their board caught my heel and down I went. I landed flat on my back and sighed heavily. So much for my perfect moment. A face appeared in my field of vision. It was hooded, goggled, and scarved. I took notice of the tye-dyed fames of the goggles, but quickly felt my anger rise up.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Being knocked down by snowboarders." I said flatly as I got to my feet. He reached out to help, but thought better of it. He could tell I was mad.

"You're standing in the middle of no where." he said.

"Yes, the middle of no where. Empty space, all around me," I said spinning in a quick circle. "You can easily avoid a single person standing in the middle of no where, can't you?"

He laughed lightly, "Yeah, I can. Sorry." he said cocking his head to the side a little. I sighed as I stared at my reflection in his metallic goggle lense. I nodded and turned, walking back towards the hotel.