Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

10

I watched for a while as Shaun skated around. It was fun because it was just a major chill session; all smiles, laughs, and high fives. After a while, I went out to see if I could find Mikaela. The place wasn't so ridiculously crowded or anything, but keeping track of people as they moved quickly around you got a little confusing. But soon enough I spotted her. She was sitting on a bench, watching who ever was skating and she was talking to some guy. I only got a glance of her face, but I saw that she was beaming. I decided not to interupt because hey, this might be going somewhere. Even if it didn't I'd still be able to rag on her about that one skater dude she tried to seduce once...

Shaun disapeared after the demo. I figured he was doing something work related, so I whatevered him. Mikaela had bounced up, still smiling like crazy. I dind't even have to pry about the guy I'd seen her with. She jumped right into her story about Chaz as soon as I'd noticed her presence. He was from Poughkeepsie and yada yada. She informed me that they were going to get something to eat at some place down the road, and promised to be back. I couldn't help but sigh and shake my head. "Don't get raped," I called after her, earning some sideways glances from people who were passing by. I smiled awkwardly and scurried off.

_________________________________________________________________

The sun had started its descent about half an hour ago. The place was still full of people. It had turned into something almost like a block party. Music had been put on and grills had magically appeared from no where. I'd found Shaun, but still didn't want to bother him. I did stalk him for about an hour though; mostly because I thought it was hilarious and knew that once I told him, he'd agree.

After that, I just found somewhere to sit and took part in some good, old fashioned people watching. I'd been watching a couple of guys roller blading when a white daisy was thrust in front of my face. I looked over to see a shy smile.

"Why thank you," I smiled back. Shaun nodded and stared for a second before bounching up and down a little.

"Come on," he said as he waved his hand, notioning for me to get up. He practically ran to the bus as I tried to ke sight of him ahead of me. He stood waiting - leaning against the bus as I finally caught up.

"Come on," he said again as he rounded the back of it and hopped onto a metal ladder that was attached there. I watched as he climbed a few steps, then looked back down at me.

"Is that safe?" I asked. He nodded yes as he laughed. "But... what if they decide to move?"

"I told them I was coming up here." he shrugged and finished climbing to the top of the bus. I took a deep breath and followed.

I stood on top of the bus frozen. I wasn't afraid of heights or anything, but I mean, hello?! I was standing on a monster of a vehicle that I could ptentially be flung off of and killed at almost any second.

"August it's okay, I promise." Shaun said as he took my hand. He led me away from the top of the ladder. We sat down, facing the bridge and watched the sun as it sunk lower and lower behind it.

"You're not mad at me are you?" Shaun asked after a while. I looked over at him feeling a ping of sadness shoot through my body.

"No, why would I be?"

He shrugged a little, "Well... I don't know. Earlier... well, we kissed and... it seemed great to me and you seened happy," he chuckled as he took my hand again, "I don't know. I went to skate and you kind of disapeared..."

"I did disapear, but it was cause I didn't want to bother you. I wanted you to hang out and have fun and do thwat you had to." I said as I squeezed his fingers in mine.

"Well, I still could've done all of that if you were there." he said, nudging me with his shoulder. I sighd, throwing my head to the side. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it. We were silent once again. I watched as the sky turned to a dark color and the lights on the bridge started to switch on. Blue, blue, then purple; blue, blue, purple. I glanced over at Shaun and caught him watching me.

"Um... yes?"I asked. He looked down quickly as he nibbled the inside corner of his mouth.

I kept my eyes on him as I waited for him to say something.

"The last couple of days I'd been thinking about something... I mean like," he huffed, "some hardcore plotting. But my point is, this this little, skate thing, has another eleven days in it. And I've talked to everyone about it and all and they seem to be cool about it so basically it's all up to you and whatever so,"

"Rambling..."

"Sorry. It's... do you wanna come? With us?"

My eyes bugged out. "With you? Like, across the country?"

"Yeah,"

"While doing nothing but chilling and partying?"

"Yeah." he smiled. "It's your decision. And one of the other guys has his girlfriend along too, and I know you guys'll get along and all, so you wouldn't be alone or anything."

Normally, I wouldn've noted his ranting on again, but I was a little stuck up on something he'd said. Had he implied that I was his girlfriend? Ah!, no, I couldn't let this get to my mind. No! Stop thinking about it!

"And we're here for the night," he continued, "so you'd have time to go get your stuff and..." he shrugged, "What do you say?"

I blinked at him like a dumbass, "Yes!" I yelped.

"Really?"

"Why would I lie?" I chuckled. A smile took him captive and he wiggled a little. "Weirdo," I sighed as I looked at the daisy I held in my hand.

I heard a bottle pop somewhere below us, followed by whoops and hoots.

"Oh," I practically jumped, "I should find Mikaela, she has to get home."

"Kay, come on," Shaun said as he stood and went about helping me up. We found Mikaela soon enough, still with Chaz. Those two said goodbye all giddily. Shaun talked me into letting him drive with us, and we were on our way.