Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

13

James put Katie and I to work. Not like we minded or anything.

"Ugh! You have no idea how happy I am to have someone to do this with now!" Kattie exclaimed as we went out to the trailer that was hitched onto the back of the bus. I started to roll up shirts from this giant bin and Katie started sorting through posters. This all proved to be more tedious than I thought it'd be.

"Exaclty why I'm happy you're here. Plus, it's not as much fun as you think being the only girl around. And by the way, damn girl. When did you get so tan?!"

I smiled, "I've been outside a lot... it just happens."

"Lucky," Kaite sighed.

"Well hey, whenever I get this thing off, how much of a dumbass am I gonna look like?" I said holding up my cast and inspecting it. A red bull sticker had been slapped on it sometime over the passed days.

A couple of kids went flying by, practically running me down.

"Yield for pedestrians!" I yelled after them. Katie started to put the bin back into the trailer. We could hear a siren off in the distance. I had a nack for telling apart the different sirens on cop cars, fire trucks, all that stuff. That's what you get after spending summers with rednecks... this time it was an ambulence. The siren grew louder and louder as we stepped onto the bus. Katie and I looked out the window just in time to see it pulling into the skate park.

"Ah! Should have known," Katie said as she let the shade back down. "I'll ask James what's up," she said as she started typing away on her phone, leaving me to start up some coffee.

We were practically finished drinking when we realized James had never answered. Once we finished, we went out to see what we could find out. We'd been at it for no more than a minute when Milton came running up to us. He was one of the skaters from the team and boy, if you could see his huffing and puffing right about now.

"I've been looking for you guys for 15 minutes," he gasped out. Katie and I stared at him like he was crazy. "Shaun," he said as he held his hands behind his head, "he ate shit and fucked up his arm." My heart jumped into my throat. "They took him to the hospital; James went. They gave me the address and I was told to bring you guys."

__________________________________________________________________

We got in the Sion and followed the directions the GPS read out to us. I could feel the blood pumping through my body and it was nauseating. Once we'd gotten there, we had to wait out in the lobby. The three of us were able to find out that he had in fact broekn something, but didn't need surgery or anything major done. After about half an hour, a nurse showed up looking for me. I looked at Milton and Katie confused, but followed the nurse off down a hallway. We turned down one after another after another and it only made me feel more uncomfortable. After rounding one last corner, I saw James standing against the wall. He looked up as we approached. The nurse left us and all James did was laugh lightly as he looked at me.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"Go on in," he said nodding his head towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUUUUN