Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

16

I probably slept better that night than any night in a while. I'm not really sure why overall. The whole girlfriend-boyfriend situation had been settled, but that hadn't been effecting me so much in that way.

When I woke up, Katie was just getting up too.

"Hey," she grinned at me. I'd explained to her everything about yesterday before we'd gone to sleep. It had been a typical 2 girls, one blanket, carton of ice cream giggle fest. I groaned a little as I stretched out and wished the ice cream hadn't happened.

"I'm getting drank.... and finding out today's agenda." she said as she made her way to the door. I threw my thumb in the air and went to town on trying to get up. It was so comfortable and it's not necessarily like I had to get up.

"Volcom," Katie smiled as she walked in with a mug. I'd been digging through my bag trying to find my meds. I hadn't used them for the passed couple of days, but my hand was aching again.

"You wanna... clarify? Or something?" I sighed.

"Volcom photo shoot. I, personally am excited. This stuff is fun." she bounced a little.

I shrugged, "I trust your opinion." I gave up on finding my pills and turned to finding clothes to wear. I went to get changed in the bathroom, brush my teeth, all the usuals. After I did a quick search for Shaun - finding him in his bunk.

"Hey," he smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Everyone's just getting up? This is ridiculous,"

"It's the way of the road, you know that." he laughed lightly.

"Well, can I get one of your pain killers?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied as he went to get up, "Don't tell me you took all yours."

"Nah, I can't find them."

He placed a white pill into my hand and followed me out to the front of the bus. Mostly eveyone was hanging out up there. They filled Shaun in about the day. I took my pill and ran to the back to grab my wallet and Katie. We were pulling into a gas station rest area. The two of us lived for rest stops. We did a quick once through, grabbing some candy, beef jerky, and drinks.

Five minutes after the gas station, we pulled into the parking lot of the Volcom offices. I grabbed a roll of mentos I'd bought and followed the herd outside. I signaled Katie and she hopped back a few steps. I tossed a mento up and she maneuvered herself, catching it in her mouth.

"Reeeeeal classy," Kris laughed.

"Don't be jealous," I scolded.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The photo shoot was actually pretty interesting. It was fun watching all the people try to straighten the guys up. Plus, the make up and racks of shirts and pants? It was crazy and just plain old entertaining. I gave Katie credit.

A lady with long, long, long black hair was setting up a camera as everyone was introducing themselves. She seemed really cool. There was a biker chick kind of feeling she gave off and she was completley sweet and nice to us all.

"What's with the matching arm wear?" she laughed as Shaun slung an arm around my shoulder. Everyone laughed, and I let Shaun explain. This also gave me a minute to look him over. He had on a light pair of jeans that looked strategically ripped and a black button down shirt, sleeves rolled up, with an electic blue wife beater underneath. Helloooo, Abercrombie model?! I almost couldn't believe that this guy actually liked me. I thought everything over about Shaun and all that'd happened between us. It was a miracle I didn't physically melted into a puddle.

The guys started in on the shoot. It was great; Katie and I practically couldn't stop laughing. Nikki, the biker chick photographer, was hilarious and made fun of each of the guys. She kept looking over at us and we'd try hard keep straight faces, and almost failed everytime. The place was pretty big, so we tore ourselves away from the shoot and went to play ctach with what mentos I had left. We'd been on a roll of 5 consecutive non-misses when James came looking for us.

"Nikki wants you, August."

"What?" I asked confused, as the mento Katie had thrown pegged me in the face.

"Just go," he said, throwing his arm in the direction of the room he'd come from.

"And you!" he pointed at Katie, "You better not have been causing any mischief." James sighed. Katie laughed a deep laugh and slowly walked over to James. I left quickly, as to not keep Nikki waiting and to telt Kaite and James... do, uh... something.