Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

18

Don't get me wrong, I thought the pictures were good. They'd let us see them towards the end of the shoot. Even the ones with Shaun and my kiss made me smirk a little. I just hand't thought the entire world would be in on said kissing. Then again, what should I have expected? Ten lifepoints off my tally.

By the time we got back to the bus, I had thought the whole picture thing over enough to be fine with it. However, I was anything but 'fine' with Shaun. I'd had to stop myself from crying a handful of times before we'd gotten back here.

Katie and I had banned all boys from the back and planned on having a movie night. I also planned on tell her everything that's gone down with Shaun. We'd started up Land of the Lost and she quickly looked up a mall close to where we'd be tomorrow so we could shop. Which included my buying her that something I'd promised her.

"Can I pause? I need my blanket... James stole it." she sighed once she'd realized where it had dissapeared to.

"Hey, we can't finish this night with out appropriate comfort. You get that sucker!" I replied as I threw my fist in the air. She hurried out, sliding the door shut behind her.

I whipped out my phone as I recieved a message from Mikaela. I missed her so much, it was killing me. There was no doubt I was having fun, but I could not wait to get back home. Shit, I'd sleep for a whole day to make up for what I've lost. And there was so much I still had to tell mikaela in person.

"Success?" I asked as the door slid shut. I looked up from my phone when there was no answer to my question. Shaun stood leaning against the door, staring at me. Acutally, make that... glaring? He'd been making that face since dinner and I had yet to put my finger on what it was exactly. But crap, this meant he was still pissed the fuck off.

"What?" I asked quietly, my eyes glued on him.

"You..." he sighed heavly. My heartbeat kicked up as I realized this was not going to be good. "What did you think would happen with the pictures?" he asked.

"Thinking now I should've known, but I was a little fo-"

"I mean it was photoshoot, August."

"I know,"

"Then what is wrong with you?" he pracitcally yelled. My eyes grew as he continued, "James tells you something you should've known, it's common sense, and you... ugh! You made this scene out of nothing and you left us feeling like crap about it. And then I wind up looking like a prick because of all of this and..." he clenched his fists up.

"I wasn't rea-"

"I know you're not stupid. It's not some huge wonder of the world. Use your head." he finished.

I stared at him, glad that the only light in the room was from the tv. It made it so he couldn't see the tears that had gone rouge from my eyes.

"They're using the pictures. I'm not stopping them and neither is James. If that's a problem with you... then I don't know. I guess that's too bad."

"Shaun, it doesn't matter to..." I didn't bother finishing because he'd already left.

I wiped my cheeks as Katie came back in. She hit play on the DVD player and scooted up next to me.

"He wouldn't let me back in until he talked to you." she whispered. I only nodded. "Is it all right? What happened?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow." I said, sounding like it was nothing. Which it definatly wasn't. It wasn't about what he'd said that got to me, to tell you the truth. It was the way he'd done it.

All night I stayed up thinking about it.

Shaun had freaked out; plain and simple. I'd never seen him do that before. He never seemed like the kind of guy to just lose it. He seemed more rational about things and like he had to view the whole story. Not a, can't let her get a word in edge wise, kind of guy. That really bothered me. It was like he didn't want me to explain.

Plus, he'd enver yelled at me before.

I had only been half joking when James brought everything up. I didn't think of the picture thing as being as horrible as Shaun thought I thought it was. But like I said, he hadn't let me explain. With all of this on an unstoppable repeat in my head, it only made me more frustrated with it all. And I was pissed at Shaun now.

Great.