Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

22

The gentle sawy of the bus and the buzz of the engine woke me up. I sat up, accidentily smacking my eye with my cast. Thank God this thing was coming off in three days. I glanced over at Katie's side and double taked back at her once I realized she was there. Looking like a serial killer. She sat with her lap under a blanket, cross legged, hands clasped together and staring at me.

"What the hell?!" I half yelled. She smiled instantly and it only scared me more.

"I knooow," she sung as she rocked back and forth a little. Katie was a freak; officially. Period.

"Katie, go away." I whined.

"Not a chance. Not until you tell me about it." she said.

"What?"

"Oh come on! I know you two had sex."

"KATIE!" I yelled.

"So you did!" she giggled as she bounced up and down. "How was it?! Good!? Wh-"

"KATIE!" I yelled again, but couldn't keep from laughing. She frowned at me and I sighed. "Yes Katie... it... and... huuuh." I sighed.

"I know, I know," she said getting excited again. "doing it with James was just... ugh... I know he's totally the right one."

"Oh my God, okay, you're cracked. Need - to get - away." I said as I jumped up and flew out the door.

A few of the guys were standing around the bunk area getting dressed. It wasn't anything awkward for Katie, myself, or any of the guys. As I was weaving through I came upon Shaun. He was bunching up the back of a shirt, about to pull it over his head. I reached my hand out and touched his lower back, dragging my finger tips across his skin.

As he turned to face me he smiled. I felt myself blush as our eye met.

"Morning," he said quietly as he leaned in and kissed my forehead.

I got to the front of the bus and found James sitting at the table with his laptop open in front of him.

"Heeey Th-aaaair!" he greeted.

"You have my sympothies." I stated, causing him to look up at me - eyebrows scrunched together. "Your girlfriend." I shrugged.

"Oh, I appreciate that." he nodded as he continued with his computer. "SO! Today," he stated a couple of minutes later, "we're heading towards Cali. We'll wind up in LA. I was working on getting everyone home by the weekend and the only nonstop flight close to your New York area is tonight at 7." he said as Shaun sat down next to me.

"Kay," I said feeling a little depressed.

"All right, then your ticket is taken care of - next up is Ryan." James said looking back at his laptop screen.

I turned to face Shaun and he frowned a little. "Oh come on," I whined as I shoved his shoulder lightly.

"Noooo," he dragged out as he slouched over, falling into me. I wrapped my arms around him as he continued to whine 'no' into my shirt. After 5 minutes and countless variations later, I escaped from under him and threw myself on the couch parallel to the table.

"Shaun, get over yourself," Kris stated, "I'm gonna miss Milton with all my heart but you don't see me throwing myself down a flight of stairs."

"You're not helping, Kris." I told him as I hit him with a couch cushion.

Shaun sat up suddenly with a serious look on his face. "James?" he called.

"Ya?" James answered from somewhere in the bus.

"When are we getting home?" he asked.

"Probably 3 or 4." he answered. Shaun looked back at me. It was almost the Katie incident all over again.

"What?" I asked, throwing my head back in exasperation.

"When we get back, we could get seomthing to eat... like a date kind of. I mean an actual date... but kind of not still but..."

"Shaun," I laughed.

"So?"

"Yeah, if you want."

He grinned from ear to ear.

__________________________________________________________________

After Shaun and my 'date' he took me over to the beach. From here I'd have to go to the airport. As the two of us walked through the sand to the water, I didn't feel as horrible as I thought I would. Sure I was sad and an ounce pessemistic, but I wasn't anxious and going crazy.

"I wish you could see the sunset from this place." Shaun said with a small fown.

"That good, huh?" I asked as I nudged him with my shoulder.

"Oh yeah... and I promise you will see it. Soon." he said as we came to a stop in front of the water.

"I'm sorry you have to leave so soon." Shaun said sounding a bit distraught.

"It's okay. And it's not your fault so don't," I finished in a shrug. Shaun pulled me into a hug and I slouched into him with a sigh. I let out a whine as he swayed me back and forth a little.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said quietly.

"I'm gonna be losing my sanity," Shaun laughed lightly. I smiled as he kissed my forehead. I took a deep breath and let the smells of the beach flood into me. I let that breath out in a heavy sigh as I pulled away from Shaun.

"Let's do this," he said as he squeezed my hand. I felt a smirk form on my lips as we headed back to the car.

Shaun and I kept our goodbye serious. No gross, sloppy, hoopla. A couple of I love you's and an 'I'll see you soon' and I borded the plane - an anchor weighting down my heart being the only side effect.
♠ ♠ ♠
UNO MAS!!