Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

23

6 months later
After being home for a handful of months, Mikaela and I had plotted up something devious. But only slightly devious. Our plan revolved around my moving to California. I was in my sophomore year in college and the second semester would be starting soon. This meant I'd have to wait it out until summer to actually get the ball rolling. All though it was a good chunk of time away, I was fine with it. It gave me time to sort out what I'd do. After talking my mom into my transferring of colleges, I started lookng for an apartment out on the west coast.
When I'd told Shaun, he practically screamed like a 5 year old girl. Though it's hard for me to admit, I started to keep a count down until the day I'd leave for my cross country adventure.
July 17th; that's the day I left New York for Bakersfield, California. That was the closest place to LA that I could find a place to live while also liking the town. It took me a couple of days to get settled but I finally did. I wouldn't get to see Shaun until August - ironic. But I was also fine with that. Knowing I'd actually accomplished this move would tide me over until then. _______________________________________________________________

8 months later

Now I'm almost through with my senior year in college. I was definately able to see Shaun more, but he was still always going places or doing things. We were happy and in love though. That's all that really counted. Plus I'd also gotten to be even better friends with Katie. Mikaela had even visited and the three of us became the indistrucatble trio.

___________________________________________________________________

2 years later

After I'd graduated, I took a trip back home for the summer. It was great to see everyone again and see how life had treated them over the year. Even though I was home, I still missed my other home.
Shaun picked me up at the airport the day I got back. We headed off to the beach to watch the sun set. Typical. It was the same beach from that day a few years back now. It had been four years actually... to the day. Not to get weird or anything, heh-heh... As we watched the sun, Shaun brought something up. He asked if we could move in with eachother. And so, the second move took place. Goodbye Bakersfield, hello LA. Scary, big, busy, LA.

____________________________________________________________________

1 year later
I stood on top of the bus looking out at the skate park and its surroundings. It could not believe this. Shaun had brought me along on this huge skateboarding tour through Europe. There were at least three different teams and countless companies and organizations.
I let out a sigh as I let my head fall back; filled with joy knowing that I was in Italy, but at the same time had no idea where I was.
"Hey!" I heard a voice call up to me. I looked down at Shaun who stood on the black top below with his skateboard in hand. "Come on," he smiled. I hurried down the ladder and the two of us ran over to tha half pipe.
This place was crazy. It was packed with people screaming and cheering. I sat up at the top of the half pipe as the boys went to work. About half an hour later, their demo came to an end with a deafening roar from the crowd. Shaun showed up in front of me; his face glowing but his eyes telling me his was scared. Weirdo.
Before I had a second to think on it, he'd grabbed me and pulled me over the edge of the pipe. Down the two fo us went, sliding and tumbling until we reached the bottom. We got up laughing our asses off. Shaun pushed his hair out of his face and his gaze locked on mine again.
"I love you August." he smiled at me.
"I love you too." I giggled. Yes, I admit I giggled. Ha fricken ha - you will at some point in you're life too.
"I don't think I ever have or ever will love anyone the way I love you... you've done something to me you little loser," he laughed as he pushed my shoulder lightly.
I realized that the screaming of the crowd had died down. Before I was able to look back to see what was up, Shaun started talking again.
"Since we got to know eachother, my life just... changed. It's been so much better, like there was another reason under it all that I was doing this... just living and being me," he shruged. "It's because of you. You were the missing peice." he said.
Oh my God, he is not gonna-
Shaun smiled as he dropped to one knee. He pulled his hand out from behind his back and cracked open the small, black velvet box in his hand.
"Will you marry me?" he asked. I felt tears flood my eyes and I couldn't hold them back.
"Of course, Shaun." I smiled. Shaun slid the ring onto my finger and I practically tackled him in a hug once he stood. The cheering of the crowd had returned. I spun around to look at them and almost died. In the front row stood everyone; Mikaela, Jace, my family and the old skate family had joined them too. The all bounced around screaming their heads off.
"Oh my god, Shaun!" I yelled as I turned back to him. I hugged him tight as he laughed.
"August," he whispered quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry bout all the 'so-n-so later' -s