Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

4

Mikaela and I woke up at the same time the next morning; or should I say later that morning. We followed the same little routine from yesterday. I went off for 'nourishment' and we met in the lobby.

Watching today's event defenitly wasn't as much fun as yesterdays. I couldn't focus on anything, and didn't really want to. I felt like I was being stared at, and being paranoid like that makes me want to die. I just wanted to do something to feel occupied.

I jumped up once the event had finished.

"Hey August?" Mikaela said as she stood. She rocked back and forth on her feet a little.

"What?" I asked, afraid of what was to come.

"Oh, you know... I just... have... tubing passes." she smiled, whiping them out of her pocket. I screamed as I practically tackled her down. "Yeah, I figured," she laughed. But she didn't know how perfect this was. This is just the kind of thing I wanted to do.

My mind cleared completley during the hour of tubing. It was filled with yelling, laughing. and near death experiences. I loved it. And by the time it was over, felt completley better. I'd sorted everything out with out even trying to. When I started my brain back up, everything was just in place.

The two of us grabbed some french fries and onion rings and went out to sit on this stone wall at the back entrance to the hotel. A slope sat off to the side a little, and we wathced and laughed as people skiied and snowboarded down.

"Are you going to come hang out with us tonight?" Mikaela asked as we made our way back up to the room. My heart dropped a little. I really did wish I could.

"Maybe? I'm not sure. I've got something I've got to take care of, but afterwards, sure thing." I figured.

She squinted at me, "You and your secret life."

"It's not a secret," I laughed, "I just don't think I should talk about it."

"Will you tell me when we get back home?" she asked. I thought it over quickly. What harm could it do then?

"Yes, I promise." I said, holding out my pinky.

____________________________________________________________________

Mikaela dissapeared again almost as soon as we got back to the room. I evnied her engery. It had started to snow outside. Not anything serious, but I took joy in watching the monster sized clumps of snowflakes fall to the ground. I wasn't sure how to pass my time, so that's what I did. Actually, I drew what was outside the window, which I guess was flakage included. Despite the fact that I hadn't really done anything this trip, I still didn't want to go home. The atmosphere is what got me. I could only compare it to heaven. But then again, I wouldn't know. I just hoped.

After I'd finished, I found myself at a lack of things to do. Again. I put some good happy-time music on on my iPod and dug through my bag for my make up. I spent God knows how long playing in the bathroom. I'd make up my eyes, take a picutre, and do it all over again. It happened at least three times by now. At the moment, there was a lime green/silver/gold thing going on. An MXPX song came on and I started to sing along to myself as I jumped out into the room.

My phone started to vibrate as soon as I threw myself on the bed. It was Jace - my right hand man. He was more or less the brother I'd never had. There were times that we could look at eachother and know what the other was thinking. Anyways, apparently his girlfriend was giving him problems. This wasn't a new thing. Fricken Amber. I hate her and boy do I let Jace know it. I knew she was completley wrong for him but he couldn't see passed her fake mask. He informed me that he was planning on breaking up with her. For real this time. Oh, if you could understand how excited I was because I knew he was serious this time. Now there was a little light of going home. I'd know Jace was free of that Hooker McSlut Face and now I could find someone perfect for him.

I loved match making people. It made me feel acomplished. Plus the relationships usually stuck. If only I could do it for myself, I though. Anyone I'd ever found the least bit interesting wound up being a one ended chase, leaving me to give up quickly. Jace told me he was going off th talk to Amber. I gave him a few last engouraging words and rolled off the bed. I froze as my eyes bugged out. The red numbers on the clock read 8:25.

"Shit!" I yelled as I ran to the door. I pulled my boots on as fast as I could. I turned off my iPod and turned, slipping on the bed sheet that hung from Mikaela's unmade bed. A minute later, once I'd freed my foot, I grabbed my jacket and board and went running to the elevator.