Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

6

The next morning I woke up aching, confused, and still tired. These snowboarding lessons were being felt big time. Plus, last night I'd wound up hanging out with Mikaela and her new friends. That had been filled with dancing, tackling, and potentially pain inducing events. It was insane, but so much fun. As I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathrrom, I noticed there was a heart with the word 'pancake' scribbled in the middle drawn on my shoulder... God knows why. I washed it off, washed my face, and put my hair up.

I changed into a pair of red sweat pants and a plain black, long sleeved shirt. Mikaela had woken up by now and was going on and on about certain events of our night adventures. The thought of packing made us both whine, but we didn't have to do that just yet. I went to brush my teeth as she ordered pancakes from room service. Hmm... pancakes...

I was just about to spit when Mikaela appeared in the mirror behind me. She'd lost all of the color in her face.

"Jeez Mikae, what happened?" I laughed lightly once I'd spit out my garggled water.

"There's someone at the door," she said as her eyes grew wider. I flung myself around the corner, scared out of my witts only to see Shaun leaning against the door frame. I let my shoulders droop as I remembered breakfast.

"Ah, one second." I told him as Ijumped over the bed to grab shoes. "Mikaela!" I called as I headed towards the door.

"Huh?" she said as she appeared. I stopped and held my hands up.

"Breeeeathe," I said slowly. She nodded twice and took a deep breath as I closed the door behind me.

"Is she okay?" Shaun asked as we walked down the hall.

"Uh... hopefully. Yeah, she'll be fine."

________________________________________________________________

The way he watched me as I talked made me feel weird. It was almost uncomfortable, but at the same time I wanted him to stare at me. It made it so I could stare back. I'd been explaining Mikaela's evil tactics and how she'd talked her mom into letting her set this trip up. Not like Mikaela was evil; just quick and witty. I'm trying to mask it here, just go with me. I also told Shaun how she thought he was amzing, etc., etc.

"So sorry about the little... freak out, frozen brain thing she pulled."

"It's fine," he laughed lightly as he flung a bit of hashbrown in my direction. Since the second we'd gotten to this diner, he'd been flinging bits of anything he could get his hands on at me. I didn't understand it.

"Okay, you really don't want me to initiate a food fight, wise guy." I said quikly, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Wanna bet?" he asked leaning forward as an eyebrow rose.

__________________________________________________________________

We sat for at least another half hour. I asked how he'd gotten into snowboarding. He'd started in on that story and told me about everything. He also told me about his skateboarding.

"It's not tht weird that I didn't know you skated. I mean hello? I had no idea you exsisted until a few days ago." I said biting a piece of toast that had long ago turned cold.

"Still," Shaun shrugged "it's just weird to me."

"Helloooo ego trip," I joked. He only flung another hunk of potato at me.

__________________________________________________________________

The two of us sat in his car outside of the hotel. When we'd first left for breakfast, I'd felt ridiculously awkward having to get into this ridiculous... beast of a... thing. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my cars and I have my favorites just like everyone else. But the completley over done forign God knows what those things are just happen to be a little far from my taste.Though, I'll have to admit... this things seats were damn comfortable

"I just wanted to say something quickly. I just wanna, put it out there kind of thing."Shaun said, piecing his words together.

"All right," I nodded as I looked over at Shaun. He gripped the top of the steering wheel tightly as he cleared his throat a little.

"So," he began as he looked back at me, "I think we've gotten to know each other pretty well. I mean, I definitely consider us friends and I think you're an amazing person. But I do understand that we've only known each other for a couple of days, so I know that there are things I don't know about you, but I... want... to know?" he sighed as his eyebrows squshed together. "Does that sound crazy?" he asked.

I laughed slightly, "Not so much." He laughed as he sat back.

"Okay, so, that makes this a little less awkward." He looked over at me again, our eyes locking. "Can I have your number?" he asked. I tried as hard as I could not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it. His face turned a little bit redder as the corner of his mouth pulled up.

"You made that so much more dramatic than it needed to be." I sighed.

"Well I was afraid that you were gonna think I was crazy and just, I don't know."

"You're not crazy, Shaun. And you, of course."

He smiled from ear to ear as he pulled out his phone.

_________________________________________________________________

We hugged as the elevator dinged, signaling its arrival.

"I'll talk to you later, August." Shaun said as he squeezed me.

"Yup," I said as he kissed the top of my head, "bye," I said as I stepped into the elevator. I watched the door close as he turned to leave, still grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the last part that takes place in winter