Status: Hecho!

Heaven Can Wait

9

I sat wiggling my foost anxiously as they finished wrapping my hand in a cast. Mikaela had appologized 38 times, and I kept telling her it wasn't her faut, that it was okay and that it didn't matter. All in all I saw it as my fault - besides my not paying completle attention to what I was doing. I guess if I had figured this Shaun thing out, we wouldn't have even been having that conversation. Mikaela had also come into the room just as they'd started with the cast to tell me she'd told Shaun, who had freaked out before she had a chance to explain. In the end she did, and he was still freaked out, but she said he laughed about it being because I fell off the monkey bars. Yeah... the doctor told me I was the first person he'd met who'd fractured their wrist from this kind of accident. Oooh, this would be held over my head for a good long time.

"This might not be the perfect time for it and all, but... are you gonna figure it out with Shaun?" Mikaela asked as we walked to the car.

I sighed, "It's not a smart idea getting a person with a cast angry." I said hitting her shoulder lighty, which still caused her to loose her balance.

____________________________________________________________________

It was amazing outside. It had rained all day yesterday so I'd been scared as hell that it'd be a shitty day out again today. But nope; it was great. There were hardly any clouds and it was somewhere in the 70's. I'd woken up to a text from Shaun saying 'perfect skating weather' plus a winky face. I practically flew out of bed. I was dressed and ready within the hour.This left me with three hours until Mikaela would show up so we coule go.

Damn.

I put on MTV [regardless of it's bad hype now a days, i still enjoy it from time to time] and inspected my cast. Mi-ka-el-a! read across the top edge of it in the palm side. She'd been the only one to sign it. I was kind of against anyone doing it. The last thing I wanted was to walk around with this already ridiculous thing on my hand looking even more ridiculous.

I looked up at the tv and and image of cupcakes popped into my head. What? Cupcakes? Why?... But I want one, I want one, I want oooooone. I seriously started to consider making some. I mean, we had everything I needed for some. But is my cast going to throw off the process? I looked at the clock. Oh well, I guess we'll find out.

It all started off pretty good. It was only a bit of an obstacle to crack the eggs. Sure, I could do it with either hand, but I wasn't coordinated with my left. Not when I'd started out anyways. If I put the mixing bowl in my lap. I could mix it perfectly fine. Trying to put it into the little paper cups was the hardest part. A ladel worked mostly, but once I started getting down to the bottom, trying to tilt the bowl and scoop it out got tricky. I gave up on it and stuck the tray in the oven. Whatever was left in the bowl I resorted to eating while watching more tv.

Mikaela showed up halfway through my icing process. We ate a couple once it was all done and then headed on our way. That had been the perfect distraction.

I knew how to get to the skate park but hadn't ever been there. I was pretty surprised at how big it was. The place was completley decked out for today. My heart pounded as we walked around. Shaun had told me where to go to get to the behind the scenes. Once we'd found it, we started walking slower. Mikaela was practically having a heart attack and I couldn't stand it. I'd been non-stop giggling for five mintues straight.

An arm slung over my shoulder, pulling me in. I looked up quickly. Shaun smiled down at me.

"You had to get black? Not even purple?! I mean, you could a matched your berries&cream." he laughed. I frowned a little.

"I like how you take pride in torturing me."

"Hey, I do! He's just joining the club." Mikaela laughed. They high fived quickly and Mikaela made herself invisible. I knew she'd ditch. At least I also knew she'd find something fun to do. Still, I felt a little weird about having her on her own or a third wheel. She had told me she felt fine about it but I still worried.

I focused back on Shaun as he held up my arm.

"Does it hurt?"

"Now? No,"

"Doped up?"

"Can I getta Amen,"

He shook his head and moved onto my hair. He twirled his fingers through a few strands.

"Thinking you might pick a new color?" I asked as I felt my face get hot.

"Nah, I'm happy with being a ginger." he smiled.

"Good, cause you with differnet colored hair?... wheeew," I stated.

"Come on," he said supressing laugh. He stepped backwards and I followed him as we made our way around. He draped his arm across my shoulders again. I asked what he'd be going today and he explained the whole thing out to me. Just chilling around, demos, skateboarding.

"Uh, and you get paid to do this?" I laughed.

"Hey, no player hating allowed."

"Pssh!"

He pulled his sunglasses on as he laughed. I loved his laugh. Even if it was a little one, it was still deep and you could just tell it was the definition of what a laugh was.

"Come on," he said as he guided us off towards the back. We walked up to a red and black bus and he led the way inside. It was empty and quiet; pretty shocking since it was noisy as hell outside. Shaun grabbed my fingers as he walked through the bus. He led us into the little back room, closing the door behind us. I sat on the couch that ran around the small space.

"So," he said sitting down also, "this is the bus." he finished, throwing his head to the side.

"I can tell. I like the lights." I said pointing to the tube lights that ran around the edge of the ceiling.

"Those things can get quite a dance party going."

"Yeah?"

"Really. The past few nights? Pretty intense."

I sighed, "What I'd give for a good dance party." Shaun fist pumped and I pulled out the Night At the Roxbury move. He slouched over once that'd finished. I didn't notice him get a silver sharpie due to the fact that I was concentrating on the heat that was growing between our shoulders.

"May I?" he asked as he uncapped it.

"Sure," I said as I held my arm out to him.

"Did you keep up with your snowboarding?" he asked as he started writing his name over my wrist.

"I went out with Mikaela once. Kind of I guess?"

"You know what the next step is right?"

"Huh?"

"I have to show you how to skateboard."

"Uh, thanks, but once broken wrist is enough." I stated as a grin spread across Shaun's face.

He started to doodle on my palm as silence fell. I started thinking of ways to bring up our 'relationship' issue. Or tried to anyways.

"August?" I looked over at Shaun. snapping out of my quickly downward spiraling brainstorm.

"What?" I mummbled.

"I have to get to the Demo." he said quietly.

"Oh," I nodded. Neither of us moved. I wathced as his eyes scaned my face. I watched as they looked at my lips, then away, then back again. I smiled a little and our eyes met. Everything finally clicked in my head. I leaned in and kissed him quickly, and he pulled me back as soon as I'd pulled away. He placed a hand on either of my cheeks and all I could think about was how perfect kissing him felt. I reluctantly pulled back, smiling uncontrolably.

"You have to..." I nodded my head towards the front of the bus.

"One more for good luck," he whispered as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. I kissed him lighlty and stood up. He smiled as she got up.

"You're gonna be late," I urged.

He grabbed my hand and we headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
look who's baaaack