Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 1

Only one more hour and I was done.

I'd been stationed at this cash register for the passed 5 hours. My entire afternoon of the last day of summer vacation had been somewhat unwillingly devoted to Music Shack. What really killed me was that there was only one register so I sat here by myself, though someone else was working the floor. Personally, I wan't musically inclined what so ever.But I knew everything there was to know about music, equipment, and gear. That's ultimatley howI got this job.

Oh, my name's Caitlyn... maybe I should've mentioned that first. I'm about to start my senior year of high school, with my only abition being graduating. Everyone thinks I'm a genius. I am smart and all, but I'd just leave it at that. For the most part, it's just me and my best friend Taylor. We've been together since we were 5, so we're almost physically attached at the hip. Other than her, the only people I really hung out with were my cousins. They also are in high school, just not seniors. I just didn't like to get to know people, or let them know me. I talk to a lot of people, sure, and have a fair share of aquaintances, but that's all we are.

Checking the clock again, I saw I'd waisted 20 minutes making a castle out of some guitar picks that had been sitting in a box on the counter.

"That's nice."

I jumped, accidentally knocking down the tower as that voice boomed in front of me.

"Shit, sorry," it chuckled as I pushed all the picks into a little pile. I looked up at the guy in front of me. "Sorry," he whispered again.

"Doesn't matter," I shrugged. "Find everything you need?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got it." he smiled as he placed a pack of guitar strings on the counter.

"Great," I said as I rung him up.

"Hey, you know if the store's hiring?"I looked back up at him, just now really taking in his appearance.

"Uh..." I thought as I stared into his incredibly blue eyes, "I really don't know but... it's probably a long shot."

He nodded slighlty, a repressed look slipping onto his face. He paid me and I went to take the cash form his hand, but he wouldn't let go.

"You... you know how making a purchase works, rihgt?" I asked trying not to laugh. A smile spread across his lips that instantly shut me up. This kid was adorable and just sucking me in.

"How much are picks?" he asked, eyes locking with mine.

"Dollar," I mumbled a moment later. He finally let go but reached down passed the counter and picked up 3 picks fromt he pile.

He smiled again, "Thanks," his deep voice boomed quietly again before picking up his bag and heading out.

Well... at least there'd be a highlight to this boring ass day.

Thinking of the smile on that guys face kept me going for the last half hour of work. In fact, it haunted me for the rest of the night. Not in a bad way. I'd met up with Taylor for Sunday night coffee.

Every Sunday without fail we'd been doing this for the passed 2 years.We weren't sure if we should be excited or bummed for the first day, but either way we were happy regardless. I hadn't really told her about the random guy at work though I had been tempted. We would've both made up crazy stories of who he was or where he'd come from, but I wasn't up for it right now. I really just wanted to sleep. And to keep something like this to myself... just so I could smile and know only I knew why.