Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 10

The following afternoon, I left to meet Taylor for Sunday coffee. I sat waiting for her to show up. I knew she knew about my Grandpa even thought I hadn't told her. There was no doubt in my mind that Mark hadn't NOT said anything.

She sat down with a bro nod which I returned. She gave me her crazy eyes and showed me a text from Cam. It read that he couldn't get enough of me.

"Oh jeez..." I sighed. I liked the kid you know? I just wasn't sure if it was so much on the level that he was hinting at through that message and what ever else he'd said to Tay.

"You don't like him?!" she practiacally yelled, half defensive, half in awe.

"No, I do, just not in a 'we have a future together as a couple' kind of way." Her expression dropped a little.

"Is everything good?" she asked. I knew there were a number of ways that could be interpreted but I figured I would just stop any of that depressing conversation before it could happen quite yet.

"Yeah it's fine." I told her, and that was the end of that.

She dove back in on Cam and I. She also let a few hints drop about one of the other guys that had been at her house that night. Watching her talk about him and hearing that little lilt in her voice set an alarm off in my head and I let out the heaviest sigh imaginable.

"You're with him aren't you?" I asked.

"Yeah," she shrugged simply. At least she didn't make a big deal out of it. Other than making me state it out loud for her, but whatever.

"Mark's gonna be disappointed." I huffed. Tay broke out laughing so hard I wasn't sure if she was actually laughing or having some kind of fit.

"Mark?" she finally was able to mutter.

"Yeah..."

"Are you kidding me?!"

"No! He totally has a thing for you!" I suddenly found a bit of anger bubbling up inside me. Why was this shit so funny to her? It sure as hell wasn't funny to me... it sure as hell mattered to me.

"Nu-uh, he does not." She tried to brush that off.

"You have no idea the way he used to look at you Tay. And he was asking me the other day if you had a boyfriend."

She shook her head, "Caitlyn, Mark definitely does not have a thing for me. He likes me in no way more than a friend and I can assure you of that."

"But Taylor,"

"Trust me! I know he doesn't!"

"Whatever," I sighed and went back to my coffee.

-

I was happy to get to school the next day. Doing work would help bring me back down to my natural flow; just what I needed after that weekend. I stuck around for maybe all of fifteen minutes of lunch before I made an excuse to leave. I just couldn't not feel awkward around Mark and sitting here trying to hide it wasn't making me feel any better.

I'd only just stepped out of the cafeteria when a hand yanked on my wrist. My heart jumped in surprise and I quickly turned, yanking my hand away from them. I found myself pretty much cornered against the wall.

Mark looked down at me, his eyes wide and as crystal clear as ever. He held up a peach, his eyes locked on it and away from me. That made my heart rip just a little further. I took it hesitantly and slipped off as he turned back to the cafeteria without a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to mention previously, but Cam = Cameron = Cameron Hurley = WATIC... just cause.

Idk how everyone's winding up being WATIC but WHUDDEVA.