Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 13

The entire walk back I could hear and feel Mark's presense behind me. He said nothing, but my back was on fire under his gaze. When we got back to school, the art chick said one last thank you before disappearing to God knows where. Mark and I were left alone in the art room.

I pulled my bag over my shoulder and turned to find him waiting.

"Mark," I said quietly.

"I need to talk to you." he said quickly and quietly.

I blinked, "Oh, okay."

"Now." he said, a commanding tone in his voice.

"That's fine." I nodded

"THAT... I, I can't even being to explain, Caitlyn." he started as he walked up to me. He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I've never felt anything like that." he said quietly, doing his best to avert his eyes from mine. "And I just always had this gut feeling that's what it would be like." he said, unable to conceal a smirk. I looked up at him surprised. "For... the passed 67 days now, I've had it SO bad for you. I still do and I don't feel like it's gonna die out anytime soon."

Laughter bubbled up in me and I couldn't help but let a little out. It's not because I wasn't taking this situation seriously because God knows it doesn't get more serious than this.I just felt so hollow because this isn't how it ever ended.

"I'm not Taylor, Mark." I said, sounding more serious.

"I know... you're Caitlyn." he said simply enough.

Hearing the way he said my name made my heart skip a beat. That was the kind of tone you used when you're telling someone a relative is dead or that they have 5 days left to live. The look in his eyes confirmed the severity of what he was telling me.

Suddenly I realized how dead wrong I'd been. Oh God - I was an idiot; worse than an idiot. I'd thought he was head over heals for Tay because I was too stubborn to see it any other way. Oh God, he liked me. He let out a small sigh as he looked down. He reached his hand over, tugging at my hand to play with my fingers.

"I'm sorry if this makes me an asshole, but I would've told you eventually." He admitted as I'd processed everything.

"It doesn't make you an asshole." I told him feeling guilty.

"I just FELT it in that kiss." he added, his eyes locking with mine. "I knew I would but I mean... I'd just been waiting for so long and it was there, thank the fucking Lord."

"Yeah," I sighed uncomfortably, "you definitely felt it in that kiss."

The smile that spread across his face blew every other smile I'd received in my life out of the water. My stomach flipped as I thought of when I had first met him.

"Well... you wanna hang out?" he asked awkwardly.

I laughed, "Yeah, I'm down with that I guess."

"Great," he said quietly.

Mark pulled me into a hug.

"Good thing Tay told me I should confess."

I looked up at him, eyes wide.

"Excuse me?!"