Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 3

And, well, that's how Mark became a member of what's now the trio.

And how I started getting my daily peaches.

Taylor and I were still the duo, but Mark was one of us now too. We've gotten him well aquainted with town and school. We help him with a few of his classes, or I help him I mean, since I'm 'the smart one.' But the three of us just messed around a lot and acted like kids. We played at the park, took each other's dares, watched movies, and straight up goofed off.

We were having a bit of a goof off session now as a matter of fact. We were all hanging out in my room. We'd been planning on making a cake and all, but had started to try and come up with the most ridiculous icing-cake flavor combos we could.

"Girl, I'ma throw you in the oven." Tay told me andI pretened to be shocked by this statement as she grinned evily.

"Ya know, the commom population doesn't particularly love people as sadistic as yourself." I told her.

"Yeah wahtever, guys love a girl who takes revenge."

I let out a laugh, Mark's head bouncing a little as it rested on my stomach.

"I don't know if we love it,"Mark told her, "but it is kind of hot."

My stomach felt like it was filled with cement. It dropped and ached as I took in that statement:

1. because I wasn't all that violent a person and

2. because of the way Mark was looking at Tay right now as she remained oblivious to it. It was the kind of look you give someone you see walking by and try as quick as you can to determine whether or not you'd tap that. And he wouldn't stop.

Besides having the initial feeling that I had dibs first, I felt pissed because if the two of them got together there was seriouslyno way I'd be able to face them. I don't know what would happen to the friendship we'd had going for 12 years. I know it's a lot to think from one little look but it is what it is. I guess I had to admit I was jealous that I wasn't getting the look she was.

Their conversation had quickly turned back to more logical things than throwing your friends in the oven. They mostly talked about school and how this class was confusing while this teacher just la de da. I had no place in the conversation because all of my classes were fine and all my teachers loved me.I slipped out of the room unnoticed which was surprising because Mark didn't even relaize the absense of his make shift pillow. Go figure.

I went into the kitchen and pulled out some cake mix and icing: chocolate on chocolate. I heated up the oven and mixed everything up as I allowed myself to take pitty on my feelings. The cupcakes were half way done by the time Taylor and Mark came out. They pretended to yell at me for starting without them as I stared back blankly.

I didn't want to deal with them at all. But they just headed over to the living room and switched on the tv. This is the stupid kind of thing I'd go to Tay about. But since she was part of the issue, all I had was myself. That's why i felt so worn out.

Checking the cupcakes one last time, I pulled them out and left them on the counter to cool off. I sat back down at the table and started thinking about my parents.

Now there's something you don't know about yet.

When I was 7, my parents had gone out on a bit of a day trip I guess. We had a boat and everything so they were going to go on a trip down the river to where ever. They'd gotten all of maybe 2 miles from the marina when there was this ridiculous accident. Some other boat hit theirs and practically tore it to shreds.

I remember I was with my grandparent for the day. I know they'd gotten a call. I don't even remember them telling me.
All I remember is crying the most that I ever have in my life because suddenly I didn't have parents anymore
I don't remember how it was handled.
I don't remember going to pack all my things from home.
I just remember I moved in with my grandparents.
I remember a funneral.
I remember feeling alone.

From then on, I had this though engrained in me that I had to be perfect. I did great in school, I did community service, I helped my granparents with everything. I felt like if I didn't I was just a burden that had been thrust upon them and they had no choice but to deal with it. So might as well do them right, right?

I was nice to everyone no matter who they were. I just couldn't not be. And typically, I never got anything in return. People wouldn't even look back and remember my face. I was always there but not noticed. I feel like that's why having met Mark and seeming like I'd be shoved to the side because it looked like he might like Taylor as more than a friend hurt me so much. It just made me feel like it was another one of those situations.