Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 4

I woke up in the weirdest position imaginable. I was moe or less face down on my bed, arms and legs spread out to here and there. I rolled over onto my back, hearing and awkward crinkle sound. I reached under myself and pulled out a piece of loose leaf papaer covered with more writing than anyone wants to deal with when they've just woken up. I knew easily that it had been written by Mark, but that only made me more hesitant.

'It got to around 10 and Taylor and I found you asleep at the table. We started icing the cupcakes but she had to leave so I finished up. I didn't really know where to put 'em so stuck 'em in the fridge. Kind of ate like 3 or 4, jus tso you know. And they were like God in a cup. But you were still asleep after that so I brought you to your bed. Your grandma saw this and though it was hilarious by the way. I threw you on your bed and you still didn't wake up. Freak of nature. But yeah. And I wanna know what happened. Look in the mirror, you'll understand.'

I flung the note onto the floor and rolled off the bed. I went down the hall to the bathroom and flicked the light on, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Shit," There were a number of black streaks around my eyes. Guess I'd cried last night... no doubt from thinking about my parents; from missing them. I scrubbed my face clean and went back to my room to change out of my day old clothes.

"Fall asleep last night?" my grandma asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Most people fall asleep at night..."

She laughed, "Well Mark has a good head. Your grandfather would've left me sleeping God knows where." she sighed. I laughed, knowing it was true. I was a little paranoid all day that Mark would show up or call or something and force me to into telling him why I was crying. Luckily enough he didn't. Taylor came over later in the afternoon so we could go out for our coffee though. Duh.

Once we'd sat down at the table in the shop, she started giving me her stupid grin.

"What do you want now?" I asked.

"I have some questions for you." she told me simply.

"About what?" I asked suddenly feeling cautious.

"Well Caitlyn... it's come to my attention that you have had a lack of a, let's say, significant other."

"Taylor, you've known me forever and you're only now noticing this?"

"No! I just wanna find you a man."

"What if I don't want one?"

"You don't have to marry the guy!I just think it'd be good for you to hang out with someone. Get to know how it is... cause the day will come Caitlyn, when you'll need to know these-"

"Yeah, Tay, whatever, fine."

"Sooooo, I know you used to like Tony and all but is he still your kind of guy?"

I sighed at Taylor's question. "I don't know Taylor... if they're cute and nice and not a dick wad, then yeahthey'll pretty much be my type."

"All right. I can do that. Dark hair, yeah?" I nodded yes. "Freckles," I nodded again, a flash of Mark's face crossing my mind.

To be honest with you, I was kind of afraid of Taylor by the time we left. I didn't know whether or not she'd actually go on a guy hunt. Because she definitely would, but at the same time she had been known for a lot of talk. But if she did go searching for one, what if hse realized Mark was a perfect fit to the description? Some weekend this had cracked up to be.

During the week I came to the realization that Tay seriously was boy hunting. As if that didn't make me uneasy enough, Mark was suddenly way better friends withher or something. They'd keep getting all quiet. Plus he'd never miss a moment where he could poke her or pull her around by the arms.

Shitty weekend had hung over to shitty week.

Thursday Taylor informed me that she had cound the perfect guy. He was a friend of her friend who went to the high school one town over. She also told me I had to come over to her house tomorrow because he would be there so we could hang out. Also that night, Mark had cornered me into helping him with old history work that he still owed and had to get in by tomorrow.

Sweet.