Status: Hecho!

I Don't Know How To Say This

Chap. 9

I woke up to a room filled with sun light.

I was still tucked underneath Mark's comforter. Taking a moment to take in my surroundings, I found he lay asleep sprawled on his stomach next to me. I sat up and looked around. I'd only ever been in his room once before, and it'd only lasted all of three minutes. My urge to snoop was building, though I knew I never would. Granted... looking around from where I was couldn't hurt.

I did a double take when I got to his night stand. An alarm clock, some head phones, loose change, his wallet... but what caught my eye was three bright blue guitar picks with the Music Shack logo on them. I nibbled on my bottom lip thinking of the 1st day I'd met him, the day I'd sold him those picks.

Letting out a sigh, I lay back down... actually, I kind of threw myself back down unintentionally. I hadn't meant to but it was a heavy sight, content with life, let it be moment and it just happened. Mark shifted a little bit and I heard him take a deep breath. I saw him turn to me out of the corner of my eye as I continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Long night," he said quietly, his voice rumbling in a deep tone.

"Yeah," I mostly mouthed.

"How do you feel?" he asked, pushing himself up on his elbows to get a good look at my face.

"Fine." I shrugged.

He flipped over to accompany me in staring at the blank space above his bed.

"Taylor knows, right?" he asked vaguely after a long silence. Everything... he wanted to know if she knew everything.

"Of course, she was there through it all." I told him.

"You guys really are best friends." he smiled.

"Even if we didn't want to be, we've been through way too much to throw each other away or anything... bonded for life." I informed him.

"I can see that." he reasoned. "So... everyone at her house yesterday," he started as he turned towards me, "you think she's with one of those guys?"

My heart exploded. Done. Gone.

I was surprised it was still able to hold up over the passed 48 hours, but now? Goose bumps covered my skin as anger flowed through me.

"I really don't know." I told him flatly.

"How could you not?" he chuckled llightly.

"I don't." I said again as I sat up. I pulled his sweatshirt off of me, feeling like it carried the plague. "I have to go." I told him as I got out of his bed.

"Wait, but... are you going home? What are you gonna do?" Mark sat up.

I pulled my shoes on as he stared at me with a stupid, confused look on his face.

"Do you need a ride ?" he asked quietly.

"No." I told him and hurried out of his room. I ran quietly down the stairs and outside.

-

It was the perfect morning out. I felt like it was taunting me as I walked home. I would've loved it had I not been so pissed. Then again it was kind of my fault wasn't it? I let myself think Mark was saying something to me by acting the way he was. But of course, Tay had to come up. I hated that I hadn't predicted that. That's how it went - it's how it always went.

I called up the hospital to talk to my Grandma when I got home. She told me they'd be back some time in the afternoon and that Grandpa was fine. He just had to take a boat load of pills. She said she was sorry I had to find out the way I had and that she would be investing in a cell phone, which was quite a kick to me.

Following that I took a long, hot shower. I figured I was well deserving of one. After I'd gotten out and taken to the couch for some TV, I saw I had a text from Mark.

'make it home?' he asked.

'yeah' I sent back with a sigh, chucking my phone into the cushions. In no time it beeped, telling me I had a message.

'just thought I'd check' he told me.

"Yeah, that's just fucking awesome." I said to myself as I droned back out on the TV.

My grandparents got home sometime around 4. Grandma and I took to making dinner as she told me about everything that had happened. I only told her that I stayed over at a friends house and she was fine with it. The two were both exhausted and headed to be early. I stayed up until at least midnight

I did absolutley nothing.
I thought about nothing.
I wallowed in self pity as I realized I was nothing.
And I just sat constantly feeling worried.