Status: Comment and I'll update peeps.

When Sin's Deep in My Blood, You'll Be the One to Fall.

Chapter Two.

We walked inside our best friends studio and our eyes widened at the amount of paper and other various things that littered the floors and counter.

“Carter! You run a tattoo studio, how the hell do you make it this messy?” I asked with a sigh as I started re-arranging all the papers into piles.

“One way, being constantly busy and not having a maid.” He said as he came out of the back room, taking off his gloves as his last customer exited behind us. We waved politely as they left, a giant smile on her face over her new ink.

“Then get one! People would kill to work in a place like this!” Amanda said as she came to stand beside me, helping me clear up all his crap.

“I can’t be doing with kids, and I don’t see anyone running towards the door asking for a job.” He stated as he crossed his arms on top of his now neat desk. “Why don’t you come back, Liv? You were an amazing piercer. I could do with someone who knows the ropes around here.” He said and I rolled my eyes softly.

“You know I can’t, Carter. I have college to take care of now.” I said as I sat on the couch just across from him.

“I know, I know.. I tried.” He sighed as he slammed his head down on top of his arms. The bell signalled meaning his next client was here. I was reading one of the tattoo magazines when I heard the voice of his client.

“Liv, is that Mr Baker?” Amanda asked as Carter chatted away with the black haired man at his desk.

“I believe so..” I trailed off. I’d never seen Mr Baker without a long sleeved shirt on, so you could imagine my face when I saw the multicoloured images neatly printed across his pale skin. Carter moved away from the counter to start on his customers design as Mr Baker turned around to take a seat. He seemed shocked when he saw us.

“Oh, hello girls. I wouldn't expect to see you two here.” He said as he also eyed our colour clad arms. He’d never seen me without a long sleeved shirt on either.

“Hello.” I said before looking down at my hands that were latched together. An awkward silence fell over us and I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat. Luckily, not long after he was called in by Carter. I sighed audibly as he exited through the doorway.

“Man, that was awkward.” Amanda sighed as she shuffled into a more comfortable position.

“Tell me about it.” I stated with a snigger as I pulled my knees up to my chest. “I like how he’s all nice to us outside of school.” I added and Amanda chuckled.

“Gotta keep up a good appearance right?” She asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t think it matters when he’s coming in to get ink.” I chuckled and Amanda simply glared at me playfully. I stuck out my tongue at her as my name was called from the back room. I got up on shaky legs and made my way through to his station.

“You wouldn't be able to do me a giant favour would you?” Carter asked with a cheesy smile and I couldn't help but return the gesture.

“What?” I asked as I crossed my arms.

“Zacky here wants a piercing, I was wondering if you could do it as a one time thing? I'm getting a piercer in at the end of the week so this will be the last time.” He asked and I sighed, rolling my eyes.

“Okay, just this once though!” I exclaimed and he smiled happily.

“You got it sugar tits.” He said as he finished off the piece on my teachers arm. “Okay, now just go and sit over there and Olivia will sort you out.” Carter said as he walked out of the room. I rolled my eyes as I gathered my equipment to do his piercing.

“What do you want doing?” I asked as I placed on my gloves. He stared off into space in thought.

“Septum.” He said and I shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed the already sterilized horseshoe from the piercing box. I grabbed the clamps and placed them on his nose, ready to get going until he spoke. “Look, Olivia, I'm sorry for what happened in class.. You’re right, I shouldn't let my personal life get in the way of my teaching. It’s just hard sometimes.” He stated and I groaned softly.

“You don’t think it’s hard on everybody? But we carry on, we have too. You get it over with, go home and cry yourself to sleep. That’s how it always has to be.” I stated and he instantly stayed quiet, his green eyes staring directly into mine as I shoved the needle through. I placed in the metal and handed him a mirror.

“Thank you. For everything. Expect a different teacher tomorrow.” He smiled kindly at me before heading out the door. I stood in shock. Did he actually just smile? Or form any emotion other than hatred for that matter? I walked through the door, throwing my gloves in the bin while I was doing so.

”How’d it go?” Carter asked and I shrugged softly as I rested my arms on the counter.

“Alright.” I said as I stole a sip of Carters coke. “I didn't know you inked up my maths teacher.” I said as he looked up to meet my eyes.

“That’s Baker?” He asked and I nodded. “Wow, I wouldn't see him as an asshole. He’s a real cool guy. A bit fucked up in the head but he’s nice. He’s just had a hard life.” He explained as Amanda came over to stand beside us. “The stories I hear in here, he has a reason to act the way he does.” He added and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“What do you mean?” I asked in confusion and he sighed.

“He was married. She died a year ago, cancer I think it was. She died in his arms, she refused treatment after being ill for a very long time. Poor guys been through a lot. He was hooked on drugs and alcohol, only just got clean. He came in for a tattoo dedicated to her.” He explained, looking at me as my eyes dropped to the floor. I’d now see him in a whole different light, I wanted to help him.