Status: Slow Updates

On the Head of a Pin

An Angelic Awakening

Over the next few days Danielle learned the layout of her new home. She had been a long time watcher of Supernatural, so she knew she could trust Castiel. He had made her moderately comfortable, bringing her food when she needed it, but otherwise wasn't home very often. She wondered how far along they were in their time stream since he was still alive.

Had he already lost his powers once? Had he motltov'd Michael to try and stop the apocolypse? Did yet consider opening Purgatory?

It made her nervous. What happens if none of that actually happens in this reality. What happens if Michael and Lucifer haven't fought yet and Sam doesn't see the toy soldier in the Impala? Will she watch Heaven and Earth fall at the knees of Satan? Will she watch the Angels leave Castiel and Dean to fight for Earth's safety alone? What happens if she died here? Would she ever see her parents again? Would she ever see her friends? Would it really be the same after finding out there was more than just one universe?

A cough interrupted her thoughts and she noticed she had successfully unraveled the glove she had in her bag, which had, luckily, came along with her when she passed through the void. She peered up to see Castiel looking down at her confusedly.

“I'm okay, just thinking...” Danielle bit her lip and began to pick up the clump of fabric that accumulated on the floor. This is what she got for making fingerless gloves out of cheap material.

“Your thoughts seemed to have distressed you.” His eyes stayed glued to Danielle's, trying to gain eye contact from her.

“Just thinking about home and if I died here.” She granted the eye contact then. “I don't even know what's going on in this world? How am I supposed to live here if I know nothing about what's going on?”

“You do not live on Earth, Danielle. You are in Heaven. And you must stay here... for now, at least.”

“But why? You say I have great power, then Houdini your way out of here before even explaining why, then confine me to this place like a prisoner and visit me with little treats of food.” As much as Danielle trusted Castiel's judgment, she was sick of sitting around and doing nothing. She needed air, space, and something... anything to do.

“If I tell you, it will change how you perceive everything, Danielle. Do you really want to lose your grip with humanity?”

“If it means understanding, then yes. I think I can handle it, especially with you around to help me.” Danielle softened her voice, hoping that it would convince him she was willing to lose her own identity over the information.

“You are...” He took a breath, running a hand through his hair. “You're a nephilim. Part Angel, part Human. But you're closer to Angel than Human.”

Danielle just looked at him, her face showing no sign of hearing what he said.

“Danielle?” Castiel walked over to he and put his hand on her shoulder. “Danielle, are you--”

“I'm fine,” she shrugged his hand off her shoulder. “I just don't believe it.” She sat down on the nearest chair. “Shouldn't I have wings, or be able to do some Angel-y if I'm Angelic?”

“Yes. And you did, when you fell into this world. Your wings, they came out and tried to stop you from crashing into the ground, but they came out too late.”

“So I actually have wings?”

“Yes, they only come out when you are in danger. Unless you're trained, then you can use them whenever I wanted.”

“Trained?”

Castiel stood straighter, knowing he shouldn't have said anything about training. “Danielle--”

“No, Cas, you can't do this. You can't just tell me this and try and--”

“Danielle, I can't. It's too risky. I don't think you understand just how dangerous you are.”

Danielle stood up, knowing enough about Nephilims to know their danger levels. “You mean how Nephilims are unstoppable when enraged?”

Castiel just looked at her, obviously not expecting her to know that.

“Castiel, I came from a world where the Winchester's lives are a television show. I am also extremely interested in the supernatural without the show. I'm in school for a history degree and a minor in mythology. I was also raised as a strict Catholic and read the Bible. I've encountered Nephilims in my own research. Even written a paper on Angels and their descendants, I know enough to help me understand what I am capable of.”

Castiel didn't say anything, his face remained unreadable. “I'll think about it,” was all he said before he winged his way out of the house, again.