‹ Prequel: In the Long Run

I'm Coming Home

002.

"Yeah, call you soon." Alice cut the line dead after the short conversation with her mother and turned to her new roommate, Monica. She reminded Alice of Courtney, back home.

Monica smiled, "Okay, let's go for dinner."

Alice followed her out and into her car. Monica was a Frisco native and was happy to show her new friend around, starting with her favourite go-to diner. It was a deep mahogany, one of Alice's favourite colours and they served an array of typical American foods.

The two sat at the bar, Alice ordering a veggie burger and Monica having her 'regular' which was a hot dog and pancakes. Alice thought it was a strange combination but didn't say anything about it.

"This is crazy." Alice yelled over the music, "But I love it!"

Suddenly a huge ruckus came from a table behind them.

Image

"Congraaaaaats!" Benny bellowed, making almost the entire restaurant turn his way. Nathan knew he was acting a little overboard but he was obviously intoxicated. Benny gave Liz, the only rational (and sober) one out of everyone, a teasing smile. "I'll get more drinks!"

Benny tumbled over the bar with a gigantic smile. He wasn't sure if it was because of his best friend's success or the feeling the alcohol gave him. It might've been a mixture, but after the next glass he was sure it would be all alcohol.

"Give me.. uh.. round of shots and a few taps. Whatever is the best." Benny said to the guy over the counter, leaning and almost falling.

"Whoa, there!" The girl sitting in the seat next to him said. Another attractive lady sat next to her, both a few years younger than Benny.

He grinned, "Hey girls, my name's Ben."

"Monica." The far one said, "And this is Alice."

"You girls look kinda lonely, wanna join me and my friends?"

Before Alice could turn down the offer, Monica perked up, "Sure!"

They helped Benny with his drinks and placed them on the large table that hosted him and his many friends. Benny got them seats and introduced all of his friends, "And there's Nathan," Alice let out a dry cackle at the name, and memories that came along, "but the guys all say he's in the washroom or something. Probably making out with his girlfriend!"

All the guys let out a snort and a laugh.

"Here he comes!" Another guy yelled, looking past Alice.

She turned to glance behind her only to have every single memory of him come flooding back to her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dunnnnaaaann.
Goodness guys, I love you. LOL.
Well, thanks for reaaading. Lossa love (: