Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

Jaws on the floor.

"Are you going to invite him?" Greyson heard her mom ask which startled her out of her thoughts. She was staring at the piece of paper in front of her where she had just added The Franceschi's to the list of who to send out invites to.

Ironically she found herself thinking a lot of the lost boy since she had said yes to Blaine, her now fiance. She was unsure why, although, he had been her best friend, he had hurt her and he clearly didn't care because she hadn't spoke to him since that horrible day she could never forget.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." She said to her mother. She was sure he wouldn't come so she didn't see why she should leave him off the invitation. She didn't want to offend his parents. They were always like her second family.

"You should try and patch things up with him. Be the bigger person." Her mom said as she flipped through a bridal magazine. She never told her the full story, just that they had lost touch. That was enough for now

Greyson shook her head at the thought. Her heart was now beating quickly in her chest at the thought of having to see him or hear him. It had been so long she was unsure if she could recognize him if he was in front of her.

Then again, she knew better than that. She knew she could pick his bright blue eyes out of a crowd. The thought alone made her palms sweat and she clinched her fist together quickly. She still had so much anger towards the boy who she really knew nothing about now. Yet a part of her knew if she was to see him, all of that would disappear and the love she always had for him would resurface with just one of his crooked smiles.

"No, it's just better this way. If he comes, he comes. It really is fine." She said calmly with a forced smile to go with it. Her mom nodded as if she didn't really believe her but dropped it anyways and went back to the magazine.

Greyson let out a sigh and dropped the pen onto the table as she stood up.

"I'm going to meet up with Kacy. I need a break."

Her mom simply nodded not daring to respond because she knew there was more to it. Greyson grabbed her coat and bag from the chair and flew out of the house in relief. She felt like if she stayed any longer she would sufficate from the wedding stuff going on. Plus, the thoughts of Josh weren't helping much.

"So, you invited him?" Kacy asked. Greyson had managed to round up her friend and convince her to go to the coffee shop they had been going to since high school. Well, Josh had found it one night with Max. Yes, it was a 35 minute drive, but it was worth it. You didn't have to worry about running into anyone there that was for sure.

"Yeah..." She responded as they took a seat at a table near the window. She could only imagine the look on her friends face so she just stared out the window.

"Do you think he'll come?"

"I don't know..." She whispered forcing herself to look at Kacy.

"Do you want him too?" Kacy asked at a whisper like she shouldn't even ask that out loud.

Greyson breathed in deeply at the thought and she finally was able to form words, "I haven't seen him in forever...I don't know. Then again, I'm sure he won't come."

"You think Max will?"

Greyson nodded, "Yeah. We exchange emails occasionally."

"Maybe he will."

"As stupid as it sounds I'm scared to see him." She said with a grin as she spun her coffee cup on the table. Of course she wasn't referring to Max and they both knew that.

"Why?" Kacy asked as she stared at Greyson intently. She had an idea of why, but she wanted her to admit it.

Greyson shrugged in response as she didn't take her eyes off of her cup.

"Are you sure you want to marry Blaine?" Kacy asked not holding back. They had been friends for so long she didn't feel like she had to.

Greyson looked up at Kacy who's face was covered in a serious expression. In all honesty, she loved Blaine. She knew that. He was kind hearted, well educated and loved his family, yet ever since she had said yes she felt like her heart was telling her something different.

Luckily Greyson didn't have to respond because Kacy quickly cut in to her thoughts, "Holy shit. Holy shit." She repeated her eyes now wide.

"What?" Greyson questioned before spinning around in her own seat to face the door. Her breathing came to a halt and she couldn't even blink from the sight in front of her.

She was right about one thing. She would always be able to tell who he was. His hair was shorter and he had gotten a bit thinner than she recalled, but none the less everything had stayed the same. Everything she had loved anyways. She couldn't help but stare at him a bit longer. It had been forever since she had seen him and she now felt that aching in her chest she had pushed away forever ago make a reappearance.

She finally was able to turn back around and Kacy stared at her unsure what to do.

"We have to leave." She spat out, now realizing the situation she was in.

"Without being noticed?"

"Yeah."

"Not possible."

Greysn growned and cursed the small coffee shop under her breath. She didn't even know he was in town. When had he gotten home? And why was he here of all places?

"When he's at the counter we will make a run for it." Greyson whispered and Kacy nodded in agreement. Once his back was to the girls they got up and quickly fled to the door.

"Bye, Greyson." The guy at the counter spoke causing the girl to wince as they reached the door. Josh spun around from the name alone, wondering if it would by chance be his Greyson. Kacy was pulling her out the door backwards as his eyes hit hers and they stared at each other for the seconds they had left before she was out of sight.

Once they were far enough away Kacy dropped her arm and she came to a complete stop.

"I know we aren't team Josh, but damn, that boy looks good now."

"He saw me." She said softly as she found herself shaking.

Not from him seeing her, but from her seeing him. From her being in touching distance of him for the first time in forever. She didn't know how to handle it.

"It'll be ok. It's not like he ran after you or tried to speak with you." Kacy said trying to calm the girl although she wished for once Josh would do just that. Don't get her wrong she didn't hate Blaine, he was a good guy. He just wasn't the right guy for Greyson. She felt as if Greyson was settling for him and that is what she couldn't understand. She knew the truth was that he wasn't Josh, and if he wasn't Josh, well then anyone else she was with would in fact be settling.

She had figured out a long time ago though that Josh looked at Greyson in the same way. That's why she still didn't understand why he had done what he did. She had a right mind to go ask him, but leaving Greyson in a mess wouldn't be right.

"Greyson! Kacy!" The girls heard and Greyson braced her self for who it was only to be relieved to see Max which caused a smile to hit her lips. The guys hadn't been home in forever and she did however miss that boy and she was sure Kacy did simply because she has had a small crush on him forever.

"It's propa good to see you!" He said throwing his arms around Greyson first and pulling her into a hug.

"You too. When did you guys get back?"

"We're actually headed out again for two shows, but then we will be back for a few weeks." He said giving Kacy a look as if he was unsure if he should hug her or not.

She flashed him a smile and he just went for it. He wasn't one to second guess things. That was one thing Greyson envied about it.

"Kac, how are you?" He asked holding her to him. A grin hit Greyson's face. She was determined to get the two together since Max would be home for a while. He had confessed he liked her a long time ago, but he made Greyson swear not to tell and if she was good at anything it was keeping secrets although she didn't see why he didn't just tell her.

"Where are you two going?" He asked dropping his arms from her.

"We just fled the coffee shop because of a boy named Josh Franceschi." Kacy said shooting me a look and Greyson shrugged.

"You saw him?" He asked wide eyed and she nodded, "Yeah. As we were running out."

"Oye! Who the fuck are you marrying?!" He asked out of the blue which was typical for Max. The girls both laughed and Greyson forced herself to anwer, "Blaine Ryan, do you remember him?"

"Seriously?" Max asked a bit taken aback. He remembered Blaine from school. A bit of the popular kid, played sports, a bit of the jock. None of which he would peg Greyson for liking. But who was he to judge? As long as the guy was good to her that's all he cared about. He loved her like his sister. He wanted her to be happy.

"Yeah..." Kacy spoke for her and Greyson bit her lip from the way he reacted. She knew Josh would react the same, but be more vocal about it.

"Well, call us when you get back so we can hang out." Greyson said ready to just be far away from here.

"Of course, love. See you soon. Bye Kac." He said giving her a grin and she waved as he walked away.

"Why are you two not together again?" Greyson teased as they headed to her car.

"Same reason you and Josh aren't."

Greyson rolled her eyes because she knew that couldn't be further from the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
5 stars! Seriously?! Djasoehdieke. Ok. Freak out over. I'm seriously really pumped to get this on the roll!... :)

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope (That was part of my inspiration! Ha.)
Dear Insanity
Vani.Violence
Majoji
Cassidy9171
:)