Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

This turbulence is beautiful.

"So, this is weird." Max stated as he sat around Josh and Greyson's living room.

Josh let out a laugh, "How so?"

"I mean, we are in a home that belongs to you two. Scary." He said.

"Yeah well, take it in while you can because we will be gone for months soon." Matt pointed out and Greyson frowned, "Nice reminder."

"I thought Dan was coming by?" Chris asked changing topics.

"Oh we all know why he won't." Kacy responded with an eye roll. No one responded because they knew it was because of her. The boy had yet to get over it so it just made them all uncomfortable at the mention of the situation. No one could fix it so they avoided it like the plague.

"I mean, I just don't get it!" Kacy started and Greyson growned as Chris rolled his eyes, "Please don't. If you got something to say go yell it outside his house or something."

Kacy sighed and Josh spoke, "He's right. Work it out with him so we don't have to keep hearing it."

"I tried! He wasn't having it!"

"Write a letter." Matt offered.

"Facebook!" Max chimed in causing Greyson to chuckle softly.

"I'll figure it out." Kacy grumbled not wanting to discuss it anymore and the others didn't object to a new topic.

The group hung around for a few more hours before saying goodnight and leaving the couple alone in their home.

Josh looked over at the girl across from him and a smile appeared on her face.

"Come here." He finally said as he held open his arms for her. She chuckled and walked over, sitting in his lap.

"Hey." He whispered wrapping his arms around her.

"Hi." She responded with a giggle. He kissed her cheek and relaxed his chin on her shoulder.

"You leave in a few days." She mumbled and he traced his fingers over her forearm, "I know...it's happened before, love."

"Right, still sucks."

"I know, it won't be so bad. You'll come visit me, right?"

She nodded and he kissed her jaw, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"And then when we get back we can get married."

"Oh yay..."

"Don't sound too excited!" He said causing her to laugh.

"So, my mom must feel bad or something..." She said off topic and he gave her a questionable look. A bit taken off guard by how the sentence started, "Why do you say that?"

"Because she sent me a email with dresses she thought would look good on me."

"Maybe she's trying to make up with you."

"Or she's plotting against me." The girl mumbled and he chuckled, "Lets give her the benefit of the doubt. Afterall, she is your mother."

"Uh, you do know she hates you right?"

"Yes, I am aware, but she is your mother and I want you to have a relationship with her. You love her. That's enough for me to put up with her."

She stared at the blue eyed boy and a grin hit his lips, "What?"

"Nothing." She responded with a shake of her head, "You're just amazing."

He rolled his eyes, "I just love you. Doesn't mean I'm amazing."

"Pretty much does."

He chuckled and brought his hand to her cheek, "Well, if you think so then sure. I mean, I think you're amazing."

"Well, I am so..." She teased and he chuckled before tickling her side causing her to giggle.

"So? Forever?" He asked fiddling with her engagement ring.

"Yeahhhh. Long time huh?" She asked relaxing against him and he chuckled, "Yeah, it is." He whispered kissing her cheek, "But forever without you is just well, forever... and I don't want that. I want to argue, laugh and love with you for years to come, you know?"

"Argue?"

"Oh please, don't act like it won't happen. It does now." He said with a smile.

"Does not!"

"Really? What is this becoming?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and she glared at him causing laughter to leave his lips.

"A small disagreement..."

"Mhm, right." He answered in amusement before kissing her lips, "I love you regardless."

"So I was thinking we should have a house warming party." She stated as she climbed from his lap quickly.

"Oh yeah?" He asked as she headed to the stairs.

"Yeah! We could you know, invite Dan and Kacy. OH and Blaine. I know he wants to know where we live. For future fights and what not." She joked just to get to him and of course it worked.

He got up from his seat in one swift movement, "That's it..." He mumbled and took off after her causing her to squeal in laughter once he caught up to her at the doorway of their bedroom.

Maybe it wasn't much to most people, but to Josh it was all he needed. Her laughter in his ear, the smell of her on his skin, and the feeling of her against him. It was enough to make him happier than he assumed was possible.

Maybe in a way, love is like wildflowers, it pops up when you least expect it and without intentionally knowing, grows into something you never knew existed. Something wild that you never want to tame because of the happiness it now brings you.

And just maybe, that's the beauty hidden inside.

Wildflowers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet!

A big thank you to everyone who commented/subscribed to this story! I love you. I mean it. :)

Also, that means my Dan Flint story is definitely beginning now, so you should subscribe! Surrender