Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

This is the first thing.

Josh was stuck outside of the coffee shop for a while as his mind tried to process what just happened. Never had he once ran into her which yes, he found odd, but the one day he would have rather not seen her, he does. He tried to regulate his breathing as he leaned against the brick wall. She was still so beautiful. Her hair was longer than he remembered, but she was still his Greyson. Her piercing green eyes and her perfect lips, it was like he had been sucked back to his high school years all over again and he now felt his chest swell with all sorts of emotion.

"You ok?" Chris asked staring at his band mate with confusion.

"No."

"Dude, why didn't you try to talk to her?!" Max asked coming up out of no where.

All Josh could manage to do was shoot a mean look his way.

Max sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets, "She's marrying Blaine Ryan."

"What?" Josh asked stunned by the name that left his friends mouth.

"Yeah."

"What the fuck?!" He asked a bit angrily. He knew that Blaine kid from school and that was the last person he'd imagine her with. It almost disgusted him and excited him all at the same time. The excitement in that he knew it wouldn't last.

"She seems happy mate."

"She's not." Josh responded confidently.

"You can't say that just because you never liked him." Matt stated and Josh spoke quickly, "Yes I can. I know her better than anyone."

"Knew her better than anyone." He responded which was like a stab to Josh's heart.

"She hasn't changed that much."

"How would you know?"

"I can just tell."

"And he follows her on twitter." Max spoke up causing Josh to roll his eyes.

"Whatever mate. I think you just need to get over her." Chris said as they headed back to the van. Get over her? Impossible. He knew if in the 18 months they had been apart if he hasn't been able to, he never would.

"Josh getting over Greyson will never happen. They are meant to be." Dan said as we started our drive once again.

If only he believed in that as much as Dan did.

He fell into a rough sleep as they drove the two hours to their show. He had a lot on his mind now and the only way he could get some relief was sleeping. Max woke him up once they arrived and his first thoughts were of no other than Greyson. He swore that he dreamt of her and that's when he knew that he was sucked back in. All it took was one run in and he was gone. He needed her back asap.

"My mum just texted me sayin' this weekend is their engagement party." Max said as they began to set up their instruments.

"Gonna go?" He asked as Josh fiddled with some cords just to not seem like he cared as much as he did.

He shrugged his shoulders in response and Max sighed, "Come on mate. I don't want to go alone. Time to face the music."

"You just want to see Kacy."

"Yeah, but still...you need to come. All of us are going!"

Josh looked over at Matt who shrugged, "We have nothing against her."

"I don't either." He mumbled. Well, if everyone was going to be there then surely he could survive. At least that's what he told himself anyways.

"Ok, I'll be there." He finally said as he dropped the cords onto the stage.

"Please remember this is for her and fake nice at least." Max said and Josh groaned, "I wasn't planning on being rude or anything."

Dan was laughing from his drum set causing the others to look over at him, "Sorry, it's just amusing how serious Max is about her since he isn't serious about much."

"Oye!" Max said loudly as if he was offended which caused Josh to actually laugh. Surely he could make it through a few hours being in Greyson's presense. Although he knew it wouldn't be easy simply because he had so many feelings bottled up just for her.

The three day trip seemed to be shorter than he wanted which he assumed would happen since he dreaded seeing Greyson. When he reached his home he knew his mom would be happy he was back, but yet he felt suffocated all over again. Forced back into a past he wanted to avoid.

"How was the shows?" His mom asked following him to his room.

"Great of course." He said with a grin. One thing that always made him happy was his music. He could always count on that to make him smile.

"Are you going tomorrow?" She asked as he dropped his bag onto the floor. He took a deep breath as he sat on his bed and he realized how tired he actually was.

"Yeah, I am. What time?" He asked simply so he could figure out how much sleep he could get.

"5."

"Alright. I'm propa tired. I think I'm just going to sleep." He responded kicking off his shoes.

"Ok, goodnight sweetie."

"Night mum." He mumbled pulling the cover over him as she turned off the light and closed his door. He'd worry about this whole ordeal tomorrow when he had some time to think.

The next day he woke up around noon feeling refreshed enough to start worrying about the later events that would take place. He forced himself to shower and put on fresh clothes before going down to the kitchen. His stomach was growling from hunger and lucky for him his mom was making lunch.

"Good afternoon." She said and he chuckled as he sat at the table.

"Oh I was going to ask you, do you have anything to wear tonight?"

"Uh, I don't know, what do you wear to engagement parties?" He asked as she sat a sandwich in front of her.

"Do you even own a dress shirt?"

"Oh, yeah. I can do that I assume."

"Are you sure you want to go?" His mom asked giving him a serious look.

"I kind of need to."

She nodded sitting across from him and they ate in silence as his mind started wondering about tonights possibilities.

He was content as he got dressed for this party, content when he got in the car, but right when he reached the place the party was being held his stomach was turned into knots and he felt himself growing close to throwing up.

He stepped out with a sigh and told his mom to go on in he was going to wait for the guys when really he just needed a moment alone. He sat on the stairs as people passed by happily. He would be happy too if this was someone else.

"Hey mate." Max said walking up and Josh quickly stood up, "I don't think I can do this."

"Relax. You are half way in." Max said patting his shoulder as he ushered him to the door. Josh was holding his breath as they walked into the well decorated room filled with people. At least it was crowded. Maybe the chance of running into each other was unlikely. Him and Max quickly found Dan who had already gotten them a table and he sat down with a sigh, "This is so fucked up."

"What is?" Dan asked with a questionable look.

"That I'm here." He responded. He did feel out of place. He knew no one in her life now and it made him feel even more horrible than he imagined.

"I kind of want to see that prick." Dan said with a chuckle referring to Blaine. They had several incidents at school and lets just say neither of them liked the other.

Josh didn't bother to respond, he was too busy looking around the room trying to find someone he recongized. Really he was just trying to find her.

Little did he know that across the room she was doing the exact thing. Looking around at the people she barely knew, trying to find Kacy, really trying to see if Josh dared to show up. Ever since their run in at the coffee shop she couldn't get him off her mind.

"There you are!" Kacy said popping up from no where and she instatly felt a bit relieved.

"It's crazy here. I don't feel like socializing."

Kacy laughed, "Well it's your party."

Greyson rolled her eyes as she looked through the crowd.

"He's here Greyson, all of them are." Kacy whispered causing Greyson's eyes to direct back to her. Her stomach was hit with nerves knowing he was here somewhere and Kacy grabbed her arm pulling her through the crowd giving her no choice in the matter.

They finally reached the guys table and her eyes went directly to Josh. He was leaned in his chair, his arms rested on his knees as he looked absentmindingly out into the room.

"Greyson." Dan said with a smile causing her to divert her stare to the now blonde boy. Josh on the other hand straightened up in his seat and stared at her. A part of him ached to talk to her. To hear her voice.

"Dan, how are you?" She said giving him a hug before hugging the others. Well, besides Josh of course. He didn't expect it, although he wouldn't have denied the interaction.

"Hey, you know there is alcohol across the room right?" Kacy said giving Max a look that Greyson knew all too well.

"Bloody hell what are we waiting for?" He said jumping up with the other guys in tow minus Josh.

Yeah they may had been in a crowded room but right now it felt like it was just the two of them by theirselves.

She finally made herself look at him and he was already focused on her.

"Are you happy, Grey?" He asked seriously and goosebumps hit her neck from him calling her that. It was so simple, but he was the only one who used it.

She forced herself to swallow her nerves and simply nodded in response. A grin hit his lips as he seemed unsure if she was telling the truth or not. He was a bit rusty at reading her.

"Then I'm happy for you, love." He whispered before getting up from his chair. She knew she should still be mad and she sure as hell didn't think this would be there first conversation, but then again nothing about Josh was predictable.

"But Blaine? Really? Come on, Grey, since when is he your type?" He asked not able to hold himself back. He never was good at things like that especially when it came to her.

"He's different now, Josh."

He shook his head as he tried to keep himself from the nerves he felt of being so close to her.

"People don't change."

"Yes they do. Look at you." She responded with a weak grin and he knew that was a low blow, yet he couldn't prevent the frown from hitting his lips.

"Enjoy the party." She forced herself to say with a smile before leaving him standing alone. He always knew how to get her flustered and he had done just that without even trying. She finally found the closest way out of the packed room and breathed in deeply once the cold night air filled her lungs. How she was going to do this was beyond her now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since it is valentine's day I figured as a gift I'd update! Haha.

Thanks for commenting;
Kristenmarjorie (Yes it is! And I'm glad you think so!)
Dear Insanity
Lovelyhope
Majoji

:)