Status: Completed.

Wildflowers

Fireworks.

The next day when she woke it was rainy outside and she questioned if it was morning or afternoon. She sat up rubbing her eyes as she did so before looking down at the sleeping boy beside her whose arm was still lazily placed across her. She knew if she went through with this wedding she'd never forgive herself.

She knew she'd never love Blaine as much as she loved Josh.

She reached out and gently ran her hand through his hair and down his cheek which he needed to shave. Her touch alone woke him in the best way and a grin hit his lips simply because he hadn't woke up this happy in months. He tightened his arm around her waist and she laid back beside him. The way she made him feel was enough to not give up. It was a high of its own. He pressed his lips to her cheek and she touched his face once more. Nothing needed to be said. It was that comfortable silence he only experienced with her.

"I love you." He whispered shutting his eyes as his nose came in contact with her cheek. It wasn't a big deal for him to say such words. They exchanged that in a friendly manor over the years, but now, it held so much more meaning than before.

"I love you too, Josh." She managed to get out. She was unsure about what kind of love he was talking about, but she really meant it. She loved him and she knew that. There was no more denying it.

"I'm going to call off the wedding." She said so bluntly that he instantly pulled back to look at her, "Really?"

"Yeah. I just, I know if I do it I'll be miserable."

"Yeah..."

"And there's more than just that reason now that I think about it."

"Like what?" He asked hoping he was one of those reasons.

"Just stuff..." She whispered and he linked his hand with hers, "Ok. Well, I decided this ring really isn't you anyways."

She laughed, "Yeah it's too big for my liking."

"I know, love." He said with a grin simply because he still at least knew a part of her.

"Pretty, but too out there."

He chuckled and slide the ring from her finger.

"You have little hands." He said pressing his palm to hers causing her to laugh, "Maybe yours are just too big."

He smiled, "Maybe." He grasped her hand and pulled it to his chest.

"Don't worry love, I'll get you the perfect ring when we get married."

She laughed causing a smile to hit his lips, "What? I mean it. You'll see."

"I'm sure so Mr. Franceschi." She said patting his chest before climbing off him and the bed.

"Hey, you want this back?" He asked twirling her ring on his finger.

"Not really, but sure." She said holding her left hand out to him. He smiled and moved to the edge of the bed as he grabbed her hand. He slid the ring on her finger and he grew nervous simply from how it felt. She herself couldn't help but wonder if this is how it would really be.would she feel even more excitement if this was real then she did at this pretend notion?

"How did he propose?" He asked locking eyes with hers once the ring was on. He needed to know to make sure his version was even better.

"We went out for dinner and he proposed."

"That's it?" He asked questionably. Even he would do better then that.

She rolled her eyes, "Yes."

"Couldn't be anymore romantic huh?" He asked and she laughed, "And what would you do Joshua?"

"Can't tell you that my love."

"Why?"

"Because didn't I just say we would get married one day?" He asked with amusement as he threw his arm over her shoulders and they walked out of his room.

"Oh right."

"Mhm you wait. We will." He said confidently as they reached the living room.

"Where is your mom?" She asked and he shrugged, "I don't know. Do I look like I keep a schedule of her life?" He joked and she elbowed him causing him to laugh.

"Jerk."

"Yep. Surrey's finest!"

She sat down on the couch pulling her legs to her chest as he fell beside her.

"Call Max."

"Why? Don't wanna hang with me?" He asked jokingly and she smiled, "I miss Max."

"Mhm. How come you never say that about me?"

"How do you know I don't, Joshua?" She responded with a smirk. He missed joking around with her, shamelessly flirting even though no one thought it meant anything.

"True."

She chuckled and he grasped her side causing her to jump up with a squeal.

"Stop it!"

"Stop it." He mocked pinning her to the couch and she glared up at him. A small grin hit his lips as he tickled her sides.

"Josh. Stop!" She said through her laughter as she tried to fight him off.

"Ok, ok." He said with a chuckle as he locked his hands wth hers, pinning them to the couch. She was breathing heavily from the laughter and he stared into her green eyes with admiration. He bravely touched his forehead to hers and tightened his grasp on her hands as he closed his eyes. Unexpectedly he found himself gently pressing his lips to the corner of her mouth and she moved enough for his lips to instead come in contact with hers. His insides were now in shambles and he couldn't even think straight yet he managed to kiss the girl back. The two had never kissed before, not on the lips anyways and he was terrified of what was going through her head. Little did he know all she now wondered was why they had waited so long to do so.

The kiss itself wasn't a long one, just a sweet, innocent, first kiss, people might exchange on a first date.

Once he pulled away he stared into her eyes waiting for any sort of reaction as she seemed lost in thought. She had waited for that to happen longer than he knew.

"I, uh, I'm sorry." He finally fumbled out when he realized she was going to stay silent. He quickly removed himself from her and she watched him unsure of what to say.

"It's ok..." she managed to get out as she sat up fixing her hair.

He just stared at her realizing how stupid he was being. He didn't know how the girl really felt and it made him uneasy. Plus, she techincally was still engaged. He tugged on his hair in debate before scanning her face for anything.

"I'm going to um, head home..." She fumbled out.

"Yeah, um, I picked you up remember?" He spoke feeling the awkwardness between them.

"Oh right..." she responded only to be interrupted by the doorbell. She was praying it was Max so he could take her home. Josh quickly jumped up and opened the door to in fact reveal the boy she needed.

"Max. Hey, will you take me home?" She asked quickly and Max looked a bit confused to see her there.

"Uh, yeah...I'll be back then mate." He said to Josh who seemed embarrassed about the whole scenario now.

He simply nodded in response and she quickly walked over to the door.

"See you later?" She asked looking up at him which filled him with some sort of hope.

"Yeah love, of course." He responded and she gave his arm a squeeze before walking out the door.

Max eyed Josh waiting for some sort of answer.

"Go." Josh grumbled shooing him out the door. Max could only hope that something good came out of their time together.

Once he got in the car he looked over at the flustered girl and a grin hit his lips, "You two kissed."

"What?" She squeaked out her cheeks turning a crimson red.

"He kissed you. I can tell. You're acting weird."

"Am not." She grumbled crossing her arms and he laughed as he backed out of the driveway.

"You are."

"Shut up, Max." She responded knowing she had no grounds for an arguement which made Max continue his attack.

"So you two snogged. Big deal."

"It was one kiss! Chill."

He laughed, "Ok, one kiss. I see. Well, then it really isn't a big deal."

"Sort of is. We've never kissed before." She mumbled as she stared out the window although her mind was somewhere else...like thinking of Josh and the way his lips felt against hers.

She shook from the reminder and Max spoke once more, "He loves you, you know? He really does. You don't need to marry that bloke, Greyson. He's not right for you. Josh and you just mesh. Always have, always will."

She looked over at him and he stayed focused on the road. She knew for once he was being serious. A grin wasn't even on his playful lips this time.

"Plus, you love him too." He added sending a glance her way as they pulled onto her street.

"Don't you, Greyson?" He asked trying to pry anything from the girl.

She shrugged simply because she knew he was right, she just couldn't admit it out loud yet.

"Is that a yes?"

He wasn't going to give up just yet. She should have known that much about him at least.

"Yeah. It is Max. Now shut up." She grumbled and he smiled victoriously, "I know you do."

Thankfully for her they pulled up at her apartment building and she looked over at Max with a grin, "Well, dear Max, since we are confessing to each other. Confess your love for Kacy."

His cheeks instantly turned red, "I, uh, no."

She laughed at his embarrassment and crossed her arms, "Max!"

"No!"

"Fine. See if I help you find out if she likes you." She said reaching for the door handle and he quickly grabbed her arm pulling her back in.

"Ok. Ok. I really, really like her. Still." He said seriously and she smiled, "I know you do. Ask her out."

"It isn't that simple. I don't think she feels the same."

"Max, I wouldn't tell you to ask her out if I knew she was going to hurt you." She said seriously and he bit his lip in debate, "So she likes me?"

"I can't say per say, but just ask her out. You trust me right?"

"Unfortunately..."

"Ask her out before someone else does." She said and he nodded, "Ok. I will if you tell Josh."

"Fine." She lied and he smirked, "Ok. It's a deal then."

"Ok, Ok."

She smiled and he pulled her closer to him, "Love you Greyson. I've missed you." He said kissing her forehead.

"Love you too Max." She responded as she climbed out of the car.

"Oh and Greyson?"

"Huh?"

"End things with Blaine. Don't do something just because you feel obligated. I say that because I know how your mom is and right now you may have told yourself you won't, but once your mom gets in your head things tend to change and don't do that to yourself. Do what you want for once. Fuck everyone else, love." He said out the window and she bit her lip because she knew that's what had to happen.

"I know, Max."

He gave her a grin, "See you later."

She waved goodbye before running to her door. Once inside though she immediately regretted leaving Josh...
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. They finally kissed. :3

Also, if anyone has a small fancy towards Garrett Nickelsen you should subscribe to my soon-to-be story, Lucky Now.

Thanks for commenting;
Hellxoxsunshine (that's a whole lot of perfect!)
Riot_97 (thanks! :) I'm glad!)
BUSTANUT (I'm glad you like it! I think I've literally read all your stories. ...That sounded more creepy than intended...haha)
Smileforthepaparazzi
OHAIzeldacakes (I love the 'get straight to the point' comment. Lol)
Mr Reckless. (Awe thanks. :3 I'm glad you feel that way! And I know, I now want a Josh too...haha.)
Dear Insanity
Lovelyhope

:)