Status: Finished

I Once Fell in Love

I Once Fell in Love

I once fell in love with a boy. He was atypical by all means. He stood a half foot taller than me, and his eyes glistened brown in the sun, like a pool of melting chocolate. His hair shared common ground with only a slice of the population, and freckles checkered his face. He had a personality unlike any I'd known. His corny jokes and endless stories amused me into love.

Romantic love. The love with which I was just old enough to experience for the first time. My first requited love.

It was magical. We clicked. We belonged together. He gave me meaning, definition. He showed me how strong romantic bonds can be, how a beautiful love can blossom so unexpectedly, unlike in any of the books I'd written with my mental pen. Before me were so many new emotions and feelings to experience, to process, to learn from. I became acquainted with a whole new set of emotions I'd never known to exist before. I processed them as well as I could with my mental processor—so untrained and unprepared to process such a whirlwind of wonderful experiences.

Then, he stood before me for the first time. It was a whole other side of magic I'd never known, we'd never known. In a perfect world, that day would have repeated for all of eternity, like a beautiful scratched record whose wounds were born from love. It was beautiful.

And then, he drove 350 miles away from me to the place he called home.

It was the most beautiful heartbreak I'd ever experienced.

Love. Distance. "Love knows no boundaries." We count the miles with I love you's, the days when we'll meet again with salty kisses from the most bittersweet tears I've cried.

I would fall in love with this boy all over again, never regretting a single moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've written anything, and I've really missed it. I chose to write something small in the thirty minutes I had before English class, and this was the result. I hope it doesn't come off as too cheesy (though I know it does), but I do hope it's relatable for at least a few people. :)