Status: Completed!

Take Control

A helping hand.

Oliver was always stuck in his own head. The only time he ever paid attention to the world was when he had no other choice. He liked things his way and control was what he needed. He just found it easier to be able to have both when he was on his own. In fact, he'd like to credit that to his success. His lyrics were best written alone and his designs for his clothes were better that way as well. Don't get him confused though, he knew when to let loose. He enjoyed drinking with his mates just like any other guy, but when it came down to how he handled business and the direction of his life, well, it was all serious. There are some things you never took a risk on.

"Are yeh comin' out wif us or not?" His brother asked him as he leaned back in his office chair in debate.

The blue eyed boy in front of him sighed growing impatient, "Well?"

"Nah, I need ta finish this shit."

Tom rolled his eyes, "Whateva."

"If I get done I'll call yeh."

Tom waved his hand as he walked out of the small office located in the back of their clothing store.

Oliver shook his head and looked back at the papers on his desk. A few bills he had to pay, along with some sketches he was looking over. He would be able to meet them at the pub, but he really didn't feel like it tonight. He got up deciding to go lock the door since Tom was gone and the shop was technically closed an hour ago.

He grabbed his keys from the desk and whistled as he headed to the front of the store. Once he reached the door he decided to step outside and smoke quickly because it wasn't as cold as it usually was at this time of night. He leaned against the window as he lit his cigarette and took in the quiet surroundings. The quietness was unusual but it could have something to do with the fact that it was almost midnight or because it was almost midnight on a Tuesday. He blew the smoke from his lips and his eyes diverted to the store across from his. A petite blonde seemed to be locking up and he could hear her angry voice as she leaned down (he assumed to try and fit the key in the lock.) He chuckled as he leaned back on his foot amused by how frustrated she was getting. She threw her bag to the ground cursing loud enough for him to hear her and he smirked. She was his kind of girl. He threw his cigarette to the ground and quietly crossed the street.

"Need help?" He asked causing her to turn around so fast she fell on her butt. He bit his lip to try and not laugh as her hand clung to her chest.

"Oh my god. You almost killed me." The pretty girl said from the ground and he held his hand out to her.

"I'm propa sorry. I was juss lockin' up and yeh looked like yeh needed help." He said and she studied the boy a second before placing her hand in his. He easily pulled the girl up and she thanked him as he dropped her hand.

"So, you work at Drop Dead?"

"Well, yeah. It's meh shop." He said with a grin and she made an 'O' shape with her mouth.

"I'm Olleh." He spoke shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Mallorie." She responded with a grin as she picked up the keys she dropped.

"Let me help yeh. I fink all these doors are tha same. Did yeh juss start here?" He asked as she stepped aside and handed him the keys.

"Uh, yeah. Well I've been here a week but tonight was my first night closing." She said and he nodded as he pulled the door towards him and turned the key. It locked instantly and he heard her sigh in relief.

"Thanks a lot. Seriously."

"No problem. Don't want anyone stealin' yeh girly shit." He joked and she laughed, "Right, and what do you sell?"

He shrugged handing her the keys back, "Come see for yehself."

She watched the boy walk back across the street and she picked up her back and quickly followed. She was intriqued which was nothing new.

He smiled once he heard her walking behind him. Either she truly was curious or she found him attractive. Both of which he seemed to be ok with.

He held the door open for her and she slowly walked in taking in the graffiti walls and the loud shirts.

"Do you design everything?" She asked and he watched her eyes shift around the room.

"Well, meh brotha and meh."

She nodded as she ran her hand over a rack of shirts. He watched her unsure what was going through her mind.

"I like it." She finally said and a chuckle escaped his lips, "Reallah? A bird like yeh?"

"Hey, what does that mean?"

He shrugged, "Look at yeh and look at this store."

"Well, that isn't judgmental or anything." She responded not really upset about his accusation.

He chuckled, "Then why do yeh work there?"

"My aunt owns it." She said pulling off her jacket revealing a sleeve of tattoos on her right arm that completely took him by surprise. She seemed like such a pretty, girly girl that it seemed absurd to see such a thing and yet he found himself grow fond of her at that moment.

"Oh..."

She nodded with a grin knowing she had left him speechless.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Oli. Thanks again for helping me. Maybe I'll stop by some time and actually buy some of this not girly stuff." She joked and he grinned leaning against the counter, "Yeh should."

She laughed softly, "Good night."

He nodded in response and a sigh escaped his lips as she left the store. He wanted to ask her to stay. He assumed a part of him was simply lonely so he didn't bother to give in to it. He finally locked the door and went back to his office to finish what he had started. He was a bit surprised that the girl was still on his mind hours later. He didn't understand it. Yes, she was rather pretty and yes she had a kick ass tattoo, but he knew nothing else about her. He sighed trying to focus back on what was important. He didn't need to let some strange girl take over. That is how people lose hold of what they have by letting some outer source effect them and he was definitely not going to be one of those people. He shook his head and picked up his pen. Thinking with his head was what would get him places, the heart was too fragile for such a task.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're thinking... FINALLY! Yeah, I know...I was going to start this a while back, but have no fear! It's here! This is just a short intro. chapter basically of how Oli thinks in this story. I'm excited to get this started. :)

Thnks to FamousAndOutOfPlace and Stellasykes for being the first commenters! Ha.