Status: Completed!

Take Control

The way you lie.

Maybe in a way Matty was right about Oli.

What happened to the him before Allie?

Maybe not the exact parts Matt referred to, but he couldn't recall a time before hand when he was worried or cautious over anyone. Especially a girl. That part of him he had clearly lost and he wanted back the control. He had to have back the control. He could be what Malorie wanted and still be who he needed to be right? He didn't see why it wouldn't work out. He knew Malorie wouldn't let him down like Allie so he could easily slip back into his roll of all business and keep her happy. That he was certain of. He had to get himself back in line. How many people would have to get in his way before he realized he doesn't even know himself anymore?

The thing is that he was unsure if he could do anything but be with Malorie. He liked being lovey dovey with her, holding her at night and making her laugh. Cheesy things he swore he'd never love again but Malorie brought it out of him. Why was it impossible to be both people? Was there not a happy median somewhere that he could be?

He tapped his pencil on the desk he sat behind as he stared off into space. He was suppose to be working but instead he was allowing his mind to wonder off like usual. He honestly didn't know how to stop it from happening anymore.

"Hey, are you ready?" He heard and looked over to see Malorie walking into his office, the door shutting behind her.

"Oh, yeah." He said glancing at his phone to check the time.

"You ok?" She asked and he nodded as she sat in his lap.

"Yeah love. Juss didn't notice tha time."

"We don't have to go."

"No, I want to." He whispered caressing her cheek.

She nodded and he leaned up to kiss her.

"Have you talked to Matty again?"

"No."

"Sorry..."

He shrugged and pressed his lips to hers once more, "Doesn't matta. I have yeh." He whispered and she smiled softly.

"How's Allie today?" He asked and she shrugged, "Fine I guess. Nothing weird."

"Bumma."

She shot him a look and he laughed, "Just kiddin'. Although if a girl fight breaks out, well my money is on yeh...I juss hope for my sake it happens outside in a rain storm and yeh happen ta be wearin' light clothin'."

"Oliver!"

The boy busted out laughing and Malorie rolled her eyes.

"Juss sayin'!"

"Perv."

He chuckled and grabbed her hips, pulling her to him, "I love you."

"I love you too, now let's go I'm starving." She said kissing him before climbing from his lap quickly. The boy chuckled and grabbed her hand as he stood up.

"Sure, love. Where to?" He asked kissing her cheek on their way out.

"I guess the usual spot." She suggested and before she could even step out of the door to Drop Dead she saw Allie waving her over from across the street.

Oli groaned and Malorie shot him a look causing him to roll his eyes. She dragged Oli across the street like someone would drag a child to see the doctor.

"Oh are you going out for lunch?" The girl asked sweetly and Oli had to bit his tongue from lashing out for no other reason then his own suspicion.

"Yeah, I usually go to lunch with Oli."

"Oh." The girl responded and Malorie quickly asked why. She now felt a bit bad.

"I kind of ordered us lunch, I just thought you stayed so..."

"Awe, you didn't have to do that. Seriously. I'll stay no biggie." Malorie said although Oli was now squeezing her hand tightly.

"Sorry!" Allie repeated and Malorie waved her hand, "Seriously it's cool thanks."

"Ok, well I'l be back in ten." She responded and Malorie nodded as the girl took of.

"Don't eat that food." Oli grumbled and Malorie rolled her eyes, "She's harmless."

Oli stifled a laugh and Malorie spoke once more, "People change Oli. I'm not saying she did nothing wrong, but she's done nothing to me for me to be mean to her and I have to work with her."

Oli shrugged knowing she was right, but it still didn't make it better. He didn't want her friends with his ex no matter the circumstances.

"So yeh ditchin' meh?" He asked and she smiled, "sort of."

He rolled his eyes and she tugged on his hand forcing him to her.

"What?" He asked looking down at her and she frowned, "Are you mad?"

"That yeh ditchin' meh for my ex? No. Not at all." He said sarcastically and she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I'll make it up to you tonight. Promise." She said into his shirt causing him to shiver.

"Betta." He grumbled giving in and placing his arms around her.

"Well, guess I need ta go back ta work since my bird doesn't wanna spend time wif meh." He teased and she glared up at him causing him to grin.

"Not funny."

He cupped her face and kissed her softly, "Be ready no lata then 6."

She nodded and he pecked her lips once more before heading back to his shop. His mind reeling of the possibilities of what Allie had up her sleeve.

Malorie placed the lunch sign in the shop window and locked the door once Allie was in. They sat around the counter to eat and Allie began to chat quickly.

"I'm sorry, I should have asked."

"Not a big deal. I see him enough." She joked realizing the awkwardness of saying that to her since she dated him.

The girl chuckled as she grabbed up a fry, "So, how long have yeh two been togetha?"

"Oh um, I don't know, a month or so officially."

She nodded, "He really likes yeh. I can tell by the way he looks at yeh."

Malorie didn't know how to respond and Allie gave her a grin, "He told yeh why he hates meh didn't he?"

"Well..." Malorie said now shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

Allie smiled, "It's ok. I know he did. I mean, although I'm surprised he told yeh tha truth. Different Oli than I knew, but I guess we all change." She said and Malorie now found herself a bit curious on the situation. What did she mean Oli was now different?

"But he's a great guy when he wants to be. Maybeh he just always wants ta be ta yeh." She said and before Malorie could question anything Vanessa walked in giving the girl a weird look probably from the sight she walked in on. She had her doubts about Allie already from what Tom said and just what she picked up on.

"Hey." Malorie said giving her a smile and the girl walked over grabbing a fry from her plate.

"Didn't you just go to lunch with Tom?" Malorie questioned and Vanessa nodded as she eyed Allie whose eyes were on her food.

Vanessa shrugged and sat beside Malorie as the girl questioned herself on whether to ask Allie what she meant by her statement but before she could Allie stood up from her seat as her phone rang.

"Be right back." She stated before walking outside quickly.

The pair left looked at each other and Vanessa spoke, "Don't listen to her shit. I don't know what she said but I can tell you're thinking about it."

"Well, I mean, what if Oli isn't who I think he is?" She questioned and Vanessa groaned, "He is. Trust me. Tom knows him better than anyone. I wouldn't let you date someone who was crazy."

"I know..." The girl responded although her mind was reeling with questions.

She finished her shift at the shop with Allie and Vanessa. Vanessa keeping a eye on Allie and Malorie spending her time folding clothes and wondering about Oli. She couldn't help it. She some times over thought things.

"What's wrong?" Oli asked as they drove silently to his house. He had picked up on her mood the instant they met at his car. Something was off about her and he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Nothing."

He sighed, "Lia', what happened?"

"Nothing." She mumbled not sure how to bring it up without sounding stupid or pissing him off.

He dropped it deciding to pick it back up once they arrived at his house. He grabbed up her hand and led her to his room silently which was now driving him mad.

"Malorie." He said seriously and she sighed as she fell back onto his bed.

"Yes?"

"What did Allie say?" He asked and she turned to look at him as he sat beside her.

"Why must it be her?"

"Well it is isn't it?" He questioned and before she could answer the doorbell rang and banging on the door began seconds later. He groaned and ran down the stairs only to open the door to see Vanessa and Tom.

"Sorrah. Left my key. Vanessa insisted we bang on tha door." Tom stated as they walked in.

"Of course. So, um, what did Allie say ta my bird cause she's actin' propa strange." Oli asked quietly and Vanessa rolled her eyes, "She's still on that?"

Oli raised an eyebrow and Vanessa sighed, "I told her not to listen to that idiot. Basically something about how she was surprised you told Malorie the truth and then about how you'll act different after you date for a while. I'm not sure, but something along those lines."

Oli groaned and ran his hand down his face. The last thing he needed was that girl feeding lies to the one person he cared about.

"She's mental." He grumbled and Vanessa nodded, "Yeah, something about her I don't like, but you know how Malorie is."

"Unfortunately." He said as he headed back to his room. Malorie had cuddled up in his blanket now and was watching television clearly growing sleepy.

"Do not listen to that girl, Malorie. Do yeh undastand meh? She's juss tryin' ta get yeh ta question our relationship. I've neva lied ta her, or was disrespectful or mean in any form or fashion. Yeh know that. Who I am wif yeh is who I am. No one else." He said sincerely as he laid down facing her. She just stared into his hazel eyes and he brought his hand to her cheek, "I love yeh ok? What happened in tha past means nuffin ta meh. I juss wanna focus on bein' here now wif yeh." He whispered and she cuddled to his chest feeling a bit stupid for questioning everything she knew he was. Maybe everyone was right. She needed to watch it around Allie.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled and he rolled his eyes, "For what love? Yeh did nuffin' wrong. Woman is mental. Juss be careful. I don't wanna lose yeh ova somefin' that isn't true." He whispered into her hair as he held on to her tightly.

"You won't."

He kissed her head and shut his eyes with a sigh. He was hating Allie more and more each day. This made it clearly evident that she was not here just for a new start. She was here to screw up everything he had and yet he didn't understand why when all he did was try and help her. Guess that's what he gets for trying to do the right thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mhm. What do you think Allie has up her sleeve? ;)

OH p.s. Thanks for commenting and subscribing. I love you guys/gals. :)