The Stars Way Up In The Sky Are Leading My Way And I Don't Know Where Or Why

Back in Scotland

The rest of the time in Ireland flew by. Nothing happened that was comparable to the adventure I had with Keith.
I thought about him often, but I knew that I would never see him again. It would just be one of those wonderful memories to look back upon and remember about Ireland.

Sara and I were already on our way back to Scotland.

I was happy to go back because now I would be able to see beautiful Scotland. Sara was excited to show me all of her favorite places.

She was giddy on the ride back to her apartment.

"There is a pub that I know you are just going to love." She said with way to much excitement.

I chuckled, "A pub! You know that isn't really my thing."

Sara shook her head, "But you've never seen one like this. I know you are going to love it!"

"Uh huh." I replied as she went off on some tangent about how much she loves Scotland. It was obvious that she was happy to be done with her conference for work. She would be able to take it easy for the rest of the summer. She would still have to work, but it wasn't going to be any hard labor.

**********

We have been back in Scotland for over three weeks now. I am finally settling in to the way things are here. It is so different than what I was expecting. It was peaceful. I was really enjoying the way of life. It was so carefree. No one was rushing around; everyone was relaxed and taking their time. It was hard to adjust to, but I was definitely beginning to like it.

Sara had taken me to a few different places around town. Her favorite stores and some historical places.
There was this beautiful white church that was hundreds of years old. It was the most beautiful church I had ever seen. It was very small, but had two large brown oval doors. The doors almost covered the entire front of the building. It had a stained glass window near the top of the tall steeple.

Inside was very rustic. It was obvious that someone does maintain the building, but it was also obvious that there weren't a lot of major repairs on the place. Everything seemed to be part of the original building. There were a few rows of pews that looked to be just as old as the building.
There was an old candle chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling. There wasn't even electricity installed in the building. There was a candle in every window.

It was almost like we had stepped back in time when we walked through it. It was truly breathtaking.

It was my favorite place I had seen in Scotland.

Now Sara wanted to take me to her favorite spot. The little pub downtown.

She had been talking about it for weeks. We were going to go several times, but something always came up that prevented us from going.

But she said that no matter what happens, she was going to take me there this weekend.

I was no where near as excited as she was. In fact, I was quite the opposite.

That scene was just not my thing. I hated going to bars in America. The disgusting smell of cigarettes, the loud sports games in the background and the drunk old guys playing pool and hitting on all the girls. I never understood the appeal. But Sara insisted that I would like this one.

I knew that Sara was probably going to try to go tonight. It was Friday and I knew she wasn't going to want to wait until tomorrow or even Sunday.
She was determined to get there.

I made sure that I was ready to go by the time she got home from work. Instead of fighting it, I figured it would be easier to suffer through one night now then to deal with going later on.

Sara took a little bit of time to freshen up, but soon enough she was ready. Then we were on our way out to go see this infamous little pub.