The Stars Way Up In The Sky Are Leading My Way And I Don't Know Where Or Why

Reminising and Goodbyes

It's been almost a month since Sara told me that she was moving. All of her stuff has either been sold, sent to storage, or packed up and ready to be shipped to her place in Scotland. She left her apartment and was now living with me for the last week of her life in the US.
We were currently sitting on my couch with a tub of cookie dough watching P.S. I Love You. It is her favorite movie.

We cried and laughed throughout the whole thing. When it was done, we found ourselves reminiscing on the good times we had together.

"Hahaha, You were so scared that someone was really there. You thought there was a serial killer in your house waiting to murder you." Sara laughed.

"I know! That's when I found out that I had an ice maker in my freezer. I would have never known if you weren't brave enough to go down and check for me" I smiled remembering that sleep-over.

"I know, I am so much cooler that you." Sara said as she puffed up her chest and looked up towards the ceiling in a super hero pose. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at her.

We talked a while longer about the good and bad times we had together. It was really hitting me that she was going to leave soon. I was starting to feel overwhelmed with emotions.

"I am really going to miss you, Sara!" I said as we both got quiet.
"I'm going to miss you, too. We will have to plan annual trips. One time you'll come to see me and another time, I'll come to see you. So right there is two trips. So we will see each other at least twice a year. And we can use Skype and stuff, so we won't lose too much contact." She said trying to reassure me, but I know that she was saying to reassure herself.
"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said as we cleaned up our snacks and got ready for bed.

**********

This was it. The moment that we were going to say goodbye. We had just shipped the last of her stuff a couple of days ago and we are now standing in an airport terminal waiting for her to board her plane. She was leaving. I didn't want to see her go, but I knew that she had big things ahead of her.
"Remember that this is not a goodbye. I am still around, it is just a longer commute to get to where I live." She said to me with a smile.
"You're right. I will come visit you as soon as you can!" I said leaning into our final hug before she goes.
We could hear the last call for her plane. We let go of each other and Sara grabbed her carry-on and walked towards the gate.
"I'll see ya soon, alright?" She said as she turned around back towards me.
I smiled a little and nodded.
"Soon."
She smiled, "Love ya, girl!"
I smiled wider, "Love you, too!"
And with that she was through the doors and unto her plane.
I sighed as I waited to watch her plane leave. I began to feel empty.
Her move had been a big distraction from my own life, but now that she is gone, I realize how I feel about my own.
Tired. I am tired of my life.
Her plane disappeared into the sky as I walked back out to my car.
I need a change. Something soon and something fast. I thought about what I could do as I drove back down the same streets, to the same house, in the same old life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this is kind of a long beginning and that Keith has not made an appearance yet, but hang out tight. Be patient. He will be coming in very soon.

Please comment/subscribe. Let me know what you think :)