The Stars Way Up In The Sky Are Leading My Way And I Don't Know Where Or Why

The Trip(s)

I finished up my time at work the best I could. It felt so good to have the whole summer ahead of me. I haven't felt this free in so long. It was a great feeling though. I am leaving for Scotland in just a few days. And there was so much left to do before I went. I had to pack, drop my cat off at my friends house (she's taking him for the summer), go shopping for things for the trip, and spend time with the few friends that I have here so that I could see them one last time before I leave. I did already have my plane ticket. I bought a one way ticket. Not because I was going to move there or anything, but I told Sara that I had the whole summer off and she was fine with me staying that long. I just didn't know how long I would want to stay. So, I figured I'd buy a ticket to come home when I was ready.

I was so excited to go, but I was getting nervous. I finished packing one of my bags and stopped for a while to have a tea break.
I sat down on my couch while I rested and started thinking about going to Scotland.

Would I even like it there? What if something happens to me? What if I run out of money? Is it possible that I will love it there? What if I want to come back right away? What if I never want to come back?

I tried to distract myself by finishing up the packing, but that didn't work out. My mind flooded with those thoughts as I was packing up the last few things.

I spent the whole day packing and thinking. Now it was getting close to dinner and I am going out with 3 of my friends for a "Bon Voyage Meal" as they've named it.

The list of things that I had to get done before I left dwindled down to practically nothing but leaving. I let that slip from my mind as I got ready to go out. Knowing that I only had a few more days left before I went to Scotland.

On my way out the door, I looked at the calendar and realized that I leave the day after tomorrow. I had a small panic attack in the car as I drove to see my friends.

*****

Last night my parents made me a huge dinner. They wanted to make sure that I was had enough food so that I wasn't hungry for a week.
My mom was a little nervous about this whole thing, but she was supportive regardless. My dad was just happy for me. I had spent the whole day with them. It was my last full day here and I wanted to spend it with them. But that day is over and today is the day. It's the day that I have been excited, stressed, and worried about for a while now. I guess there is no turning back I am leaving my home and going to some strange place where I will only know one person.
This is going to be different than what I am used to.

They both drove me to the airport to say goodbye.

As I got ready to go through security my parents decided to say goodbye right there.

I hugged my mom first.

"I love you" She said through tears.

"I love you too, Mom."

"Call us if you need anything. I can send you whatever you need." She said as she let go.

My dad hugged me.
"Hey kid, have a good time."

"Thanks, Dad. I will!" I said as I let go.

"Well, be safe!" My mom stated.

"Yeah and don't talk to any strangers." My dad said.

"Dad, everyone except Sara will be a stranger."

"Right, well make sure she knows them before you talk to them." he said realizing he wasn't making much sense.
They love me and the try to do everything they can to protect me.

"Alright Dad, whatever you say!" I said as I gave them both kisses on the cheek and walked to the security line.
They waved and shouted some more 'i love you's' as they walked away.

I am going to miss them so much, but it is going to be good to have some time away from them.

After going through security. I made my way to my gate. I was boarding in 30 minutes.

I sat and waited until they called my flight.

******

The flight was long but good. It was a smooth one and it was fairly quiet.
No screaming children, no one kicking the back of my seat. No loud mouthed woman complaining about the lack of service. And I had an empty seat next to me so I had plenty of room.

I stared out the window for most of the trip. I did fall asleep for a while but I woke up about an hour before we landed and saw the entrance into Scotland. It was so beautiful. Breath-takingly beautiful. I could get used to this. This was a great way to start the trip.

As the plane entered the gate, I got so excited. The thrill of being in a new place, and seeing Sara. Not knowing what was really in store. It was all so exciting.

I walked to the baggage claim and found my bags and as I turned around I was immediately knocked to the ground. It happened so fast that everything I was holding flew out of my hands. Before I could respond to the situation I heard a familiar voice.

"It is so good to see you! I am so excited that you are here!." Obviously it was Sara.

I laughed, "Well, thank you for such an overwhelming hello! I am so excited to be here." I said as I stood up and began collecting the bags that had scattered around me.

"Good, because there is so much to tell you and there is so much to do. It is so good that you got out of that place. I mean, you were so burnt out and you were hating life, but I have so much planned. You are going to have the time of your life. Plus, you're going to do it all with me!" Sara said all in one breath.

"Wow, well lets get to it then." I said.

We smiled as she helped me get my things and then led the way to her car.

I just stared out the window as she drove. She was talking about how it was for her settling in, but all I could do was stare at the beautiful things around me. This place was so different than home. It was so busy and yet so peaceful at the same time. It was hard to describe, but I liked it.

I was shaken from my thoughts when I heard Sara say she has something that she wanted to discuss with me.

She cleared her throat and looked at me quickly. I was intrigued. It was like she was scared to tell me something.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I know you just got here, but I was asked to go to a conference in Ireland for a week. It was such bad timing and I tried to get out of it, but that was no use. I have to go. You can totally still stay at my place though. I don't want you to think that I planned it this way or something. I really didn't want to go. I am so sorry." She stated honestly.

"It is okay. Don't worry about it. I understand. When are you leaving?"

"Well, in 2 days." She said looking at me with a sympathetic face.

"Wow, that is soon." I simply stated.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want her to go, but I didn't want to make her stay home and get into trouble at work. Before I could say anything else, Sara spoke quickly.

"I was trying to think of something to do about this and I might have come up with something, but I have no idea how you are going to react." She stated while keeping her eyes on the road.

I just nodded knowing that she probably couldn't see me, but I just didn't know what to say.

I guess she understood, because she went on.

"Well, I was thinking that you could come with me if you wanted to." She paused for a moment before continuing. "I have to be at the conference every morning and afternoon, but I have the nights off. You could hang out and do stuff during the days, but then at night we could do stuff together. My work booked me a hotel room with two beds anyway. It would be a waste of a bed. And I don't think I want to leave you alone on your first few days away. What do you say?" She said as she glanced over at me to see what my reaction might be.

It was all of a sudden. She was right. I didn't want to be left alone either, but I didn't really want to go. I guess it would be an adventure to travel like that though.

"Alright, I guess that sounds fun. How long is the conference for?"

"It is a week and a half long." She said as she made a gagging noise. "Who would want to go to any conference that was that long?" She began to tell me about the crazy things that she has had to deal with at work, but I can totally tell that she loves it.

We made it to her apartment in no time at all. She showed me around and I loved it. It wasn't too small and it wasn't too big. She had her own room and and a spare room for me. There was a small kitchen but a large meeting area. I put my stuff in my room, but I didn't really unpack anything. After all, I am leaving for another trip in 2 days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is when Keith comes in!
Thank you all for your patience!!
I would like to thank PuRefinedSilver for her nice comment.
And here is a shout-out to those who subscribed!
Comment and let me know what you like about it or what you hate about it!
<3