Nobody Taught Me How To Live

Nobody Taught Me How To Live

I was looking down on my paper with some scribbles on it. I sighed and run a hand through my hair and put the pencil away.
„Need another one, Cass?“ Mandy said.
„Yes, please,“ I said without looking up. If there wouldn't be a miracle I was screwed!
„Here you go,“ Mandy said and put a glass in front of me.
„Thanks,“ I mumbled and sighed again.

„Where's your pretty smile?“ she bent over the bar and put my hair behind my ear.
„Lost until I found a way to pay my rent and keep my shop and stuff like that,“ I looked into her blue eyes.
„It's on me,“ she said and pushed the glass more in mine direction.
„Hey Mandy, Jack please,“ I heard some guy yell.

„Hold on a minute, Zacky,“ she answered after she had looked who had spoken to her. “Maybe you just need a good time and get your head free,” she said and poked my cheek before she turned away to get the drink. I took a sip of the drink and the smoked aroma filled my mouth before I swallowed. I took a look at the guy Mandy was talking to. He looked kind of familiar. He had tattooed arms which had my full attention. It took a while before I noticed who he was. He was in a band – a metal band I think. I saw him on the posters from a shop and if I was right he was holding a guitar on it. But whatever he was famous, so this was my chance!

I took my drink and walked up to him. I left my things there as I knew Mandy would have an eye of them, but I never trusted my drink to be left alone. “Uh, hey,” I said and the man in front of me turned around and I stared at his deep green eyes before I went on. “This mind sound like an odd request,” I started, but he interrupted.
“I'm pretty sure I have heard worse, so go on,” he smiled at me.

I laughed a little bit. “Okay, see I'm a tattoo artist and I just opened my shop and I need some promotion. So, here's the deal. I would tattoo you and you don't have to pay anything as long as I can make promotion that I was the one who did the awesome tattoo,” I smiled at him. I knew he was looking closely at me. He would see my long black hair with red streaks in it, my arms which were also covered in tattoo's and weren't covered by the tank top I wore. My skinny jeans covered my legs and I wore some heels to give me some extra height. I usually wore heels, just because I'm pretty small with my 5”4.
“So, who says you're good at what you're doing?” he asked and stared into my brown eyes.
“How long will you be staying here?” I asked him. I mean this was my chance I don't have the time to chicken out right now.

“Don't know. Some hours, as my friends have to appear soon,” he said.
“Okay, what about that... I'll draw a tattoo for you in,” I looked at the watch over the bar. “Give me twenty minutes and if you like what you see you'll give it a shot,” I suggested.
“I like the way you’re thinking,” he said. “I'll give you half an hour and I promise you, if I like what I see I'll give you my skin,” he said and winked.
“Deal,” I said and held out my hand and waited 'til he accepted and gave me his. I hold it longer than needed to inspect his tattoos on his arms so I could come up with something he would like. “See you in a few,” I said and turned around to walk back to my seat.
“What was that?” Mandy smirked when she put another drink in front of me and took my now empty glass.

“A way to save my business,” I said and opened a new page on my drawing pad. I didn't stare at it to think of something to draw, I usually start drawing. If I think too much I usually don't come up with something. He had very colorful tattoos on his arms and I think he's kind of fan from horror movies, if his shirt is right.

I started drawing the outlines of a woman and made her a half Zombie. It was more of a pin up girl Zombie, but until now I was pretty satisfied. I looked at the watch and saw I still had 12 minutes. I took my rubber and started with the highlights and stuff like that. I still had three more minutes when I finally put my pencil away. I nodded when I looked at the picture again and stood up and walked with it towards the place where he had sit the last time I had seen him.
“Where is he?” I asked and my heart beat twice as fast. He couldn't disappear without saying a word! He had given me his word!

“Don't worry, Cass. His friends have arrived, they're sitting over there,” Mandy said and pointed at a place where some comfortable seats stood.
“Thanks,” I muttered before I headed towards the direction. My heels made those clicking noise and told the guys that I would arrive them soon.
“So, you're finished?” Zacky asked and held out his hand while his friends looked confused. I nodded and handed him my pad. I sat down on the arm of his seat so I could explain something, if he had questions.

“You did that in that time?” he asked and I thought he sounded impressed – at least I hoped so.
“Yeah, I only had my pencil, I thought about coloring it. Maybe her skin could have a light blue color like,” I raised my arm and looked for the right color on it. I knew I had it somewhere. “This,” I said and held out my hand to show him the right tattoo.
“What about her hair?” he asked further and I could hear his friends mumbling about what was going on.

“Whatever you want, but I thought about brown and some blood here,” I said and pointed at the right places on the picture.
“I have to admit I really do like it,” he said and a smile spread around my face.
“Would someone like to explain, what is going on?” A guy with black hair and a fedora on his head said. I thought I had seen him also on the poster. His nose was pierced and the eyebrows over his brown eyes were raised together as if to show more clearly that he was confused.

“Yeah, would be nice to know and an introduction wouldn't be that bad,” the other guy said. He was pretty muscular – and I mean really. He showed his tattoos as he was wearing a muscle shirt and I had to admit this time I was impressed.
“Uh, yeah it's a funny story. When I waited for you this girl came up to me and asked me if she could tattoo me. I would get it for low when she could say she tattooed me,” he said and wiggled his eyebrows.

“You want another round, guys?” Mandy asked when she walked past us.
“Sure and bring her,” Zacky looked at me as if he expected me to tell what I want.
“I'll get it,” Mandy winked at me and disappeared behind the bar.
“Oh I forgot to introduce me. I'm Cassie,” I smiled at them.
“You know by now that I'm Zacky, this one is Brian,” the guy with the fedora waved lightly, “and this one is Matt. He seems buff, but he's a real softie, you'll see when his girl arrives,” Zacky whispered the last part in my ear and I chuckled.

“So, let's see what you have there,” Matt said and grabbed the pad. “You mind?” he asked for my permission to look through it.
“It's all yours,” I said and looked at him, while he looked at my pictures. “There are some pretty good ones. So will I also get a free one?” he asked and while he smiled at me his dimples popped up.

“You want to ruin me, don't you?” I asked. “I can't do that, I just opened my shop, but I'll make you a good price,” I said and took the pad again. “So what's up Mr. Zacky, do you stuck with your deal?” I asked and turned around to look at the man next to me.
“Sure, I'm looking forward to it,” he said and at that moment Mandy came back and brought our drinks. She handed me my Jack and I thanked her. Zacky took the glass from me and sniffed at it.

“You always sniff at others drinks?” I asked confused and took my glass back before he could do other things to it.
“Just wanted to see, what you're drinking. It doesn't happen often that I met a girl drinking Jack. Are you old enough to drink it?” he asked then.
“Oh shut up, I'm 22,” I said and took a sip. He just laughed at my expression.

“Hey guys,” I heard a female voice say and looked up. I saw three women walking towards us. One of them was pretty tall I guessed she was about 5”10 and I felt so small again. I had to look at her red hair and then I mustered her face. She was wearing some glasses, which didn't cover her deep blue eyes. She had been the one who had talked. She noticed me and waved at my direction. “I'm sorry and hello girl. Who's that, Zacky? New girlfriend?” She asked when she sat down on a free chair.

“No, my new tattoo artist,” he said. “Girls, this is Cassie. Cassie this is Jen,” he pointed at the girl who had talked. “And this is Jess,” he pointed at a brunette who stood behind Brian and had laid a hand on his shoulder and stared curious at me. I smiled lightly and she returned the smile. With that she got out of her stare and sat down on Brian’s lap, who held an arm around her in a protective way, “And this one attached to Matt's lips is Chloe,” he said and I could only make out some more of red hair as I could only see the back of her head.
“Where are the others?” Jess asked curious.

“Johnny had something to deal with,” Jen answered her question. “But I dunno where Jimmy and Denise are.”
“And I bet we all don't want to know,” Jess said. Finally Matt let go of the lips of his girl and introduced me to her. “Let me introduce you to best import from England we have,” he said proudly and I had to laugh about his cheesy sentence while Chloe just chuckled. She was pretty skinny which only was more shown when Matt's big arms wrapped around her fragile body.
These people looked like people I would get along with and they won't judge me 'cause most of them were also tattooed and pierced.

“So, when will I have my appointment?” Zacky turned towards me.
“Whenever you want, but be sure you're sober. I won't tattoo someone who has drunk, I have made this once and that was a mess!” I admit.
“How long have you been in that business?”
“Uh I drawn since I was little and with 16 I got my best friend her first tattoo. I started working at a tattoo shop with 18 and have my own shop since two months,” I said proudly.
“What about coming around on Monday?” he asked.

“Sound good,” I said and smiled. I heard a loud laugh and saw three people walking towards the group. There was a guy who was huge. And I mean not only huge for me – come on, everybody is taller than me! - but I bet he was more than 6 feet high. Next to his side was a pretty brunette which laughed also. And next to the two was a guy who looked pretty small. He had a mohawk I guessed to give him some more height and I chuckled lightly.

“Sorry, the uh... drumming lessons took more time than expected,” the tall guy said.
“I don't wanna know what they did with the sticks,” Jess mumbled and I was the only one who paid attention to her and cracked up laughing at that moment. Bad part was that I had just taken a sip of my Jack and my head turned red as I started coughing. Zacky rubbed my back awkwardly and then the big guy screamed “New girl,” and the next thing I knew was that I was attacked by him and he had so much energy he knocked me off the arm of the seat and I was laying on the ground with him on top of me.
“This man never gets enough,” I heard a voice say and this scared me a bit.
“Uh, you mind getting off of me?” I asked short breathed. I felt like the whole air was pressed out of my body.

“Come on, Jimmy. Don't scare anyone away,” someone said and when the weight got out of me I felt my lungs with air again. I saw a hand and grabbed it to go back to my feet again.
“Wow, you're tiny,” I heard the man, I think his name was Jimmy, say when he looked down at me.
“Thanks, haven't noticed that before,” I said sarcastically.

“She's even shorter than Johnny, I think,” tall guy said out loud. I growled.
“So how long are you gonna stay here, interested in joining our crazy group?” Zacky asked and I sat back down on the arm.
“Sure, I wait 'til Mandy get off,” I told him and explained that she was my roommate. Let me tell you, these guys were really crazy, but somehow it just clicked.

“Sorry guys, but I have to kidnap my roommate now as my shift is over. See you around,” Mandy said after two more hours and walked towards the guys.
“It was nice meeting you,” I said and got up and rubbed my ass. I mean I have you been sitting on a little piece of wood that whole evening! “Oh and Zacky, if you won't show up on Monday I'll tell Mandy to never give you any more drinks here. And be sure she'll listen or she won't get any food at home,” I smirked and heard the guys laugh while Zacky pouted. I patted his cheek and followed Mandy.

-x-

I was sitting on my desk and was drawing a new design. Usually I was more into the black and white things than in colors, so I decided this one would live without any color. I heard the doorbell and raised my head – surprised by the unusual sound.
“So what, place isn't ready yet?” I was greeted by a smirk from Zacky.
“To be honest I wasn't so sure if you would show up or not,” I admitted.

“I stick to my promises,” he said and I rose to get everything I needed. He took a look at the drawing on my table. “You’re really talented, why’s nobody here?” he asked.
I shrugged my shoulders. “Well I think no one really knows about this shop here and I didn’t had the money to make a big logo,” I explained and told him to sit down on the chair.
“If your tattooing is as impressive as your drawings I’ll help you promote your shop,” he said and rolled up his sleeve so I could prepare his skin.

“I don’t want money from you for…” I started.
“I don’t mean money. You said you would tell people you did this tattoo but if I tell them you did this, I bet there are a few who come to you just to let you tattoo them,” he said and I was relieved.
“Sounds good, you mind some music?” I asked and filled the studio with the sounds of 3 Doors Down.

I was halfway done with my work when the door opened. I looked up and saw a guy with aviators.
“Hey Cassie, Zacky, how you’re doin’?” he greeted us and came nearer.
“Yeah Zacky, how you’re doing?” I asked and paused my needle for a while.
“I’m fine, go on,” he confessed and I started my tattoo gun again. “You also want one?” I asked Matt while I looked back at Zacky’s arm where I placed some blue ink under his skin.
“Not today, but I came by to take Zacky with me. We’re having a little barbeque, you wanna tag along?” he asked.

“No, I’m fine. Thanks for offering though,” I said and concentrated on the tattoo again. It was nice of him, but I didn’t want to intrude something.
“I know Mandy is working tonight, so if there’s no boyfriend of yours you would be on your own.”
“Stalker much, huh,” I teased Zacky, but still didn’t look up.

“How long you need for that tattoo?” Matt asked and I told him I need about 45 more minutes. “Okay, I’ll grab some stuff for tonight and you convince her to come over. The girls begged me to tell you that you should come,” Matt said and I heard the door again.
“Come on, you could have a little fun and not 10 minutes ago, you told me you have only visited the beach once. I mean we’re in Huntington Beach, that means you should be out there at least every day,” Zacky said and I chuckled.

“Okay, okay. But I have to go home and get my swim suit, ‘cause I’ll definitely go swimming,” I said and he agreed.

The next hour and a half I were busy tattooing Zacky, cleaning my place, driving home with the both man in tow and change my clothing before we could drive to Brian’s place. I wore my only bikini under my jean shorts and a lose tank top and grabbed my leather jacket. Mandy was already at the bar, so I quickly put everything I needed in my bag and walked back to the car where Matt and Zacky were waiting for me.
“You’re wearing Heels again? We’re going to the beach, you know,” Matt teased me, when I sat down.

“Yeah, but I’m a midget and I hate that, so I always wear heels,” I explained and fastened my seatbelt.
“Brian lives at the beach?” I asked and my eyes were about to pop out. Gosh, I don’t know how long I would have to work to be living in such a house. I almost couldn’t afford the rent for my shitty apartment.

“Yup,” Matt said unimpressed and walked into the house and disappeared out of my sight.
“You’re coming?” Zacky asked and followed his band mate. Finally I averted my gaze from the beautiful house and followed the two. As I couldn’t see them I followed the noises and soon stood in a backyard and couldn’t believe the amazing sight of the ocean I had.
“Cass,” I heard a female voice and looked up to see a face in front of me before I was in Jen’s arms for a bone crushing hug.

“Hello to you too,” I chuckled and returned the hug. I said everyone hello and I was surprised that they actually were all happy I was here.
“You can go swimming if you like. You’re staring at the water as if you haven’t seen it before. The food won’t be ready for another hour,” Jess said behind me and I jumped a little as I hadn’t heard her walking towards me.

“Thanks,” I said before walking through the backyard. When I reached the sand I pulled off my heels and let them there. I stood right in front of the water and admitted its beauty with the sun, which seemed to play hide and seek with the clouds. Finally I pulled off my clothes until I was only in my blue Bikini with white dots on it. I pulled my hair in a bun so it wouldn’t get wet so easily and then I put a toe in the water. It was fuckin’ freezing! Fuck it, I thought and then I took some quick steps until I made a huge step forward and started swimming.
“Fuckin’ cold,” I said and moved faster so I would warm up faster. I heard some laughter behind me and when I turned around I saw most of the group watching me. I swam around a bit until I noticed that I had some company.

“Gosh, I think I’ll lose my toes if I’m going to stay here for a while,” Jimmy said. “Or I could warm the water a bit,” he said with a devilish smirk on his face.
“Don’t you dare!” I glared at him.
“Come on, what do you think how many people have already peed here,” he said as if it was nothing.
“Thanks for that,” I said and swam towards the sand. Now I wasn’t so fond of the water all over my body – and in my face.

“Come on, don’t miss the fun,” I heard Jimmy and he soon was at my side again exactly when the water reached only my legs. He raised me and throw me back into the water. “This means war,” I said when I came back to the air and chased him down. He squealed and the others had fun watching us. It ended with Jimmy and me tolling on the sand so we looked like we were breaded. “Get rid of the sand and come back, the food is ready,” Jess laughed when she looked at me and Jimmy. I bet we looked like idiots with all the high difference and the sand everywhere. Jimmy took my hand and led me towards the showers where we stood almost 10 minutes to get rid of the sand.

“That was fun, you have to come around more often,” Jimmy said and smiled at me.
“Sure I’ll, I need revenge,” I smirked and he laughed. When we walked back Zacky stood there with towels in his hands and handed each of us one. “Thanks,” I said and slung it around my body.
We had fun while eating and I really enjoyed my evening. But the more time has passed the couples got cozy and I saw Zacky shifting in his seat. I was in my clothes again and I bent over and told Zacky to come with me. I grabbed our beers and we walked in silence through the garden and sat down in the sand. I saw him nibbling on his lip piercings and thought about something to distract him from whatever was bugging him. “Wanna play 20 questions?” I asked.

“What are we? 15 again?” Zacky chuckled.
“Have a better idea?” I challenged him.
“Fine, I’ll start. Favorite color?” he asked and took a sip from his drink.
“Easy start, huh? Turquoise. You never leave your house without…,”
“My phone. Usually I would say my keys, but I forget them from time to time and have to call Gates to come over and let me in my house. Why did you come to Huntington Beach of all places?”

I thought a bit about that and shrugged my shoulder. “I had enough of the big cities. I don’t know why exactly Huntington, but I went here for a visit and knew I had to come here. How long do you know Mandy?” Was my turn to ask.
“Ever since she worked at that bar, I think about two years. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?” I was sure my face was bright red now. “Oh come on, I can smell a good story here,” Zacky said and came nearer.

“Uh, okay. I was on a date and it went… well it was okay. And when it came to an end he asked me if I would like to see his stamp collection. I agreed. We went to his apartment and he left me in the living room to get his collection. I was tired of all the talking so I thought I could precipice things and got rid of my clothes.” Zacky looked at me and told me to go on. “Well it turned out that he really had a stamp collection and he didn’t want to have sex with me,” I finished my story.
Zacky laughed and I looked embarrassed at my bare feet in the sand. “Okay, that was pretty embarrassing. What happened then?”

“I put my clothes back on and went home in shame. Well now I don’t live in fear to see him on the street or something like that.” I shrugged and he still laughed a little.
“Sounds like a soap opera.”
After that we didn’t really play anymore we just talked and I got to know him better and the other way around. The sun went down and I finally decided that I should go home. I grabbed my phone and dialed Mandy’s number after I had checked the time.
“Hey Cass, need a ride home?” she answered her phone.
“How do you know?” I chuckled.

“It was the most obvious reason why you’d call me at that hour. But you’re lucky, I just got off. Where should I pick you up?” she asked and I asked Zacky for the address. Mandy let out a low whistle. “Nice. I’ll be there in fifteen.” She hung up. I stood up and brushed the sand off of me. Then I held out my hand and helped Zacky up and together we made our way back to the garden and I said goodbye to the guys and girls.
Brian and Jess told me if I ever wanted to go to the beach again I would be very welcome to visit them. Zacky insisted to walk me to the door and together we waited for my ride. “So what you’re up to tonight? I doubt the rock stars go to bed that early,” I said.

“Believe it or not, I think I’m heading home also,” he said and put my leather jacket around my bare shoulders as he noticed me shivering.
“And why’s that? Your friends are out there having a blast.” I pointed to the garden where the laughter came from.
“You know 2 a.m. is the time where they all get cozy and it’s no fun to be around them if you don’t have one you can cuddle with,” he confessed.
“Aww, poor Zacky needs a girl,” I said and poked his cheek.

“Are you making fun of me, Cass? I can show you my stamp collection” he said with a smirk and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek as he saw the car which held in front of the house. He let go of me and waved at Mandy and I turned around and walked towards the car. I got into the passenger seat and didn’t had time to fasten my seat belt before she drove off.
“Had a good evening?” she asked with a smirk and turned down the volume from the radio so she could have a conversation with me.

“Yeah, it was really good. I had a lot of fun, these guys are crazy,” I said with a big smile on my face before I yawned.
“Tell me about it, I see them when they get hammered at the bar,” she said and then I felt something between my legs. I looked down and saw Mandy’s phone lying there. “Seems as Mr. Vengeance had stick to his promise,” she said and looked at the screen. Her twitter app was open and I saw a tweet from Zacky.

New tattoo by the wonderful artist @CassieK. Check out her beautiful drawings and visit her shop

He had put a picture with my address of my tattoo parlor under it and I wondered when he had done that.
I can only hope, that this will work.

-x-

I heard the doorbell and told the customer I would be there in a minute.
“Don’t worry,” I heard a voice I recognized and when I looked up I saw Zacky who had sit down in the chair and took a magazine. I finished cleaning my instruments and then I stepped towards him.
“What can I do for you, Mr. Vengeance?” I asked. He couldn’t be here for a check up on that tattoo. It had been only two weeks since we had spent that night at Brian’s house. I had seen him once when I had stopped at the bar to give Mandy a ride back home. He had waited with her just like he had with me and I offered him also a ride home and he accepted.

“I just wanted to,” he said but stopped when the door opened again and one of my clients stepped in.
“Hey babe,” Dave said and kissed me on the cheek and walked to the stool where my clients sat when I filled their skin with ink. He noticed Zacky and gave him a nod which he returned.
“So what were you saying?” I asked and looked back at Zacky.
“Uh, I was wondering if you could give me Mandy’s mobile number,” he said and didn’t look in my eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked and walked at my desk and took a pencil and scribbled down the number from my phone after I had told Dave he could took off his shirt and I would take care of him in a minute.
“You’ll see,” he said and I gave him the paper. “Oh and Matt told me I should pass the message that there will be a barbeque at his place on Sunday and he would be honored if you would show up,”

“Yeah Johnny had told me about it when he was here to get an appointment. I’ll be there,” I smiled at him.
“Guess I see you then,” he said and turned around to leave.
“Hey, Zacky?” I said before he turned around. “I’m at the bar today, if you want to come,” I said and he told me he would see if he’s free. I turned around and started to fumigate the skin of Dave’s back so we could finally finish this huge tattoo he was getting.

-x-

“Ouch, your skinny ass is hurting me,” I complained after Jimmy ad jumped on my lap. It has been five months since I was first introduced to this crazy ass group. I was now a steady part of the group. Well most of the time I had spent with Zacky as we were both without a partner, but that’s not the only point. He had become a really good friend of mine and we hung out a lot.
The tattoo parlor got better. Not as much as I wish, but I started slowly to pay my dues. Right now we were sitting at our usual place at the bar. The only one missing was Zacky, but no one really knew what he was doing today.

“But I’m not allowed to sit on my beautiful fiancée’s lap anymore,” he pouted and bent over to kiss the growing belly of Denise’s belly. Sadly his bones were pressed more in my flesh and I tried to shove him from me. And yeah, you heard right. Out of the group Jimmy and Denise were the first ones who expect a kid. And this would be a hell of a kid. Both parents were addicted to sugar and I swear this is why they were so crazy. “So Cass, why is it that you never bring someone with you?” Jimmy asked and Chloe and Jen also leaned forward to hear my response.

“And when should I date someone, huh? I have to work at my shop and do the paper work all alone.” I asked, while I still tried to get Jimmy from my legs.
“But you still have time to meet us,” Jimmy said.
“Not to forget about Zacky,” Jess said from the opposite and I bet she was wiggling her eyebrows now.
“So, let me get this on the line. You tell me to ditch you to get laid?”
“Well we could solve both problems in the bathroom,” Jimmy got up and I sighed in relieve until I noticed he sat down again.

I was just about to say something back when Mandy came agitated to us. “Cass, I need your help. I need your skirt,” she said and pulled at my arm.
“Don’t steal my seat,” Jimmy complained in his high voice.
“Why do you need my skirt?” I asked confused.
“I have a date and I just spilled beer over my jeans and I only have sweatpants in my locker. Come on, please, I don’t have time to go home and change,” she pleaded.

I sighed. “Fine. Get up, Jimmy,” I said and followed my roommate to the area where her locker was.
“You know, that my skirt won’t be more than belt on your, right?” I asked when she closed the door and started to undress her jeans.
“Better than smelling like a beer barrel or coming up with sweatpants. And this will help getting laid,” she winked at me and held up her hand, so I could hand her my skirt while I grabbed the gray pants. “Shoes,” she said and held out her hands again.
“What?” I asked confused and stared at my red heels.

“Come on, I can’t wear sneakers with this,” she said and tried to pull the skirt more over her thighs.
“Fine, but only because I would look ridiculous with sweatpants and high heels,” I said and gave her my shoes before I put on the pants and slipped into her sneakers.
“You’re a life saver,” she said and hugged me, before she looked in the mirror to check if her make up was still where it belonged.

“So, who’s the guy who gets lucky tonight?” I asked and waited at the door for her.
“You know him, but that’s everything I say,” she smirked and kissed my cheeks before she turned the other way. “I owe you,” she yelled.
“You owe me big,” I mumbled to myself when I looked down at the way to long pants. But my mind was still questioning who Mandy was dating right now. But she had the feeling that it was Zacky she was seeing. I mean it was unusual that he wasn’t with his friends and if she thought about it he had been a bit distant the last time.

And why was this bothering her so much. She sighed and made her way towards her friends.
“Oh my gosh, has anyone a camera? Cass without heels?” I heard Chloe’s voice.
“Very funny. Why do I have to be such a midget?” I complained. Johnny held out his knuckles and yelled “Midget power” before I could put her fist against his. “Well I’m heading home, guys before it gets more embarrassing. See you around,” I said and waved before I made my way towards my car.

I didn’t have to drive long and when I held in front of my apartment block I saw a dark figure standing in the parking lot. I shivered and made sure I had my mobile and my keys in my hand. I got out of my car and locked it, before I made my way towards the entrance. As soon as I walked towards the door the person started walking in my direction. I quickened my pace and so did he. Only four more steps until I would reach my door. I felt someone grab my shoulder and screamed.

“Calm down, Cass, it’s just me,” I heard the voice I recognized immediately.
“What you’re doin’ here, Zacky? You scared the living shit out of me,” I said and turned towards him.
“Nice outfit,” he commented and looked down on me.
“You haven’t answered my question.” I ignored him and was prepared to hear that he was waiting for Mandy.

“What do I need a reason to see you?” he asked, an eyebrow rose over his beautiful green eye.
“Actually yes, if you didn’t show up at the bar with your friends,” I said.
“Oh just come on and come with me,” he said, his hand still on my shoulder.
“Where to?” I asked.
“You’ll see,” he said mysterious.

“Okay, I’ll just change into some of my clothes,” I said and he nodded and waited for me while I walked into my apartment and changed into a tight jeans and a beautiful pair of high heels. I looked into the mirror and put on some more lipstick. Hey, maybe I want to impress him, so what?
I felt better now that I was back on my heels even if I only reached Zacky’s shoulder now.
I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. Zacky was still at the same spot I had left him and was smoking a cigarette. I took the fag from him and took a huge drag from it. I was aware that it had been right between his lips and my mind would have gone to the point where I would imagine how they would feel on my lips, if his voice hadn’t pulled me out of my thoughts.

He led me to his car and I saw that his dogs were inside. I petted them when they put their heads between of the two front seats until Zacky told me to put my seatbelt on so he could drive.
I noticed that he drove towards the beach. He stopped at the parking lot and while I got out of the car he opened the door for his dogs and grabbed a bag. “So, explain what’s going on?” I asked as we walked in the sand. I struggled with my heels still on while the dogs were far away. “Here, hold this,” Zacky said and pressed the bag in my hand. I took it and two seconds later I was in his arms. He carried me bridal style nearer to the water.
“What are you doing?” I laughed.

“It would have taken ages until we would be near the water with your shoes,” he said and let me down not long after that. I could hear the water and the barking of the dogs. The beach was empty – I mean who would be here at this hour?
Zacky grabbed the bag from me and pulled a blanket out of it and put it in the sand. So he had planned this, I wondered. But I should have thought of that. A few months back I had been sick and Zacky had come over and brought me soup, had wrapped me in blanket and had watched movies with me. He even had made me tea and Mandy was happy that she hadn’t had to take care of me.

“Icky,” Zacky yelled after his black dog which he couldn’t really made out in the dark. “Sit down,” he said to me and after I had taken my seat he put a beer bottle in my hand.
“Thanks,” I said and decided not to question why we were here. If he wanted to tell me he would. Soon Majesty joined the two of us and lay down next to me and I started to pet her. I could hear Icky before he had arrived and shook his wet fur.
“Oh, Icky, you meanie,” I said, but had to laugh. I lay back on my back.

“Yeah, kick me from my blanket,” Zacky teased me and scooted closer. While I lay on my back, Majesty right next to me and Icky at my feet, he laid on his side and looked at me.
“Why are you staring?” I asked finally and looked up at him.
“I think you can’t name it staring when you can’t see your hand in front of your face,” he joked.
“You know what I mean,” I said with a sigh and shoved him a bit. “So, why weren’t you at the bar tonight?” I asked.

“I had to think about something,” he simply answered and I nodded. “What? No question’s what I thought about?”
“If you want to tell me, you will,” I simply said and closed my eyes.
“I thought about you.” I felt more of his hot breath on the skin of my neck then I heard his voice.
“What about?” I finally managed to press out. He didn’t answer and I didn’t thought about the next part before I blurt it out. “I thought you would be on a date with Mandy.”
“Why did you think that?” His voice was on a normal level now.

“Mandy wouldn’t tell me with whom she’s on a date tonight. She just said I know the guy and you weren’t with us today, so I assumed maybe you’d be the lucky one.”
“I’m the lucky guy, because I’m with you,” he said and my eyes shot open. “Well, that sounded cheesy, but that’s what I feel,” he answered truthfully.
“I’m fuckin’ confused right now,” I admitted and got on my elbows.

“Yeah, me too,” he admitted. “Mandy’s on a date with Dave. Actually I thought he was your boyfriend. Remember the day, when I visited you in the shop and he came in? I wanted to ask you to go to lunch with me, but he came in and I thought you were an item so I needed to think about another reason why I had come in. I mean I didn’t want to steal his girl. So I asked the first thing which came to my mind, which was Mandy’s number. You know, that the guys set me on a blind date with someone? They told me I needed someone in my life, but I didn’t enjoy it. So I got away when I could without being rude and I called you. You were sick and I realized I would rather spend the night with you on the couch, watching stupid movies then getting laid by someone I didn’t even know. You didn’t leave my thoughts since then,” he confessed.

“That was over three months ago,” I said and he nodded.
“So if this is something you don’t want to, tell me,” he said and his breath tickled my face. I felt backwards when I lifted my hand to reach for his neck and took him with him. I may catch him by surprise but as soon as his lips touched mine every thought went away. Our lips departed and we looked at each other before we kissed again. And that was not the last kiss we shared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this. Comments would be very welcome :)