The 74th Hunger Games of Panem

The Cell

I sat on a purple chair. The comfiest I have ever sat in. The room was baby blue, and there were pictures of past victors on the wall. In the room was a emerald green couch, the purple chair, one book titled "May The Odds Ever Be In Your Favor" , and a small bathroom with dividers almost reaching the ceiling. I was going to be held here until further notice. I was sitting on the purple chair twiddling my thumbs, waiting for my mother and father to come in, say their final goodbyes, and receive my token.
I waited for 45 minutes or so, then a knock was at the door. I opened it and it was my mum and dad. They only had 10 minutes so goodbyes were short. There was hugging, kissing, crying, and then when the ten minutes were almost up, my dad gave me my token. A ring, a class ring. It was amazing. Gold, with red and blue lining. This was my dads favorite thing in the world, next to me and mom. I hugged him, and they were off.
I sat down, and studied the ring. Magnificent it was- then I stopped and there was a knock on the door. I opened it, and to my surprise it was Charlotte's mom.
"Hey, hows Char" I asked
"She's scared, and worried."
"As am I, if you don't mind me asking, what was her token?"
"A necklace, with a pendant."
"I'm sure its beautiful" I said honestly.
For a moment or too, there was a quiet and awkward silence. Then she spoke again, this time more broken than ever.
"Take care of her Hance."
"I will I promise" I replied.
And with that, she left. I was left in the cell alone. Waiting. Thoughts were racing through my head. Is Char okay? Will I be the one to kill the love of my life? Will Char's little sisters be ok? Will my mom and dad be okay?
Then the door and opened, and the peace keepers summoned me.