The 74th Hunger Games of Panem

Makeover

Me and Char met up again and gave each other the biggest hug. We were then lead to the train. It was huge. We got on and there was Helen Mars to greet us. Wearing the same ugly makeup, she had changed her dress into a florescent green long shirt that touched her knees and bright pink pants.
"Follow me" she ordered.
Me and Char followed and we were brought into a room with a bed, mirror, tons of things I have never seen before. Then I remembered them from my mothers side of the bathroom. There was brushes, scissors, and a lot of cloths on a movable clothes rack. I knew what this meant. It was time for my makeover.
My eyes darted around the room, and then 3 people entered. I was guessing my stylists. Two women, and one man.
"Hello Hance! I am so excited to work with you. My name is Cynthia"
"Oh my gosh! We have some work to do. Well anyway, my name is Maggie"
"Play nice Maggie. Sorry about her, she is very sassy. Anyway, my name is Jordan. Your main stylist"
"Hello" I said awkwardly.
"Lets get to work!" shrieked Maggie.
So they did. They ordered me to get into just my boxers, and then lie down on the bed.
"You're perfect. Last year we had a female tribute that didn't even shave her legs!" said Cynthia shocked
"Thanks, I guess" I replied
Jordan was standing behind the others and studied me. He looked from the tip top of my head, right down to my toes. He knew exactly what he wanted, and I was nervous.
After they cleaned up the odd spot, I put my clothes back on, and I sat in the chair. It had gold armrests that were cold to the touch.
"Okay Hance, I am going cut your hair, and shave off your beard" said Jordan sarcastically
I didn't care much for looks. My hair was long and scruffy. I did not have a beard,. It did not grow much. It just was a light 4 o'clock beard.
First he went to my hair. He took much precaution. He cut every strand with care. I wasn't faced the mirror, so I was just hoping it wasn't an ugly hair cut.
I was turned around, and to my surprise. I loved it. It was short on the sides, and gradually got bigger. A boy from my school had this cut. I think it was called a fauxhawk.
"Actually, I am going to leave your beard. Without it you will look 12" said Jordan while laughing.
I didn't find it funny, but i forced a smirk on my face.
After I was finished, I was brought over to the the clothes section. Jordan made me try on tons of clothes. He was choosing my clothing for the first time everyone would see me. Jordan was about to say something and then some woman came in and whispered to Jordan. They talked for 5 minutes, and then she left.
"Looks like we have a new direction for your clothes" He said happily
"What" I said nervously
"Well, Joanna that was just here, told me that Charlotte looks like a fox. So you both will be wearing orange-red outfits" He said excitedly.
"Fantastic!"
The two blabber mouths, Cynthia and Maggie ran out, and came back in one minute. They came in with this elaborate outfit. It was slim. Skinny orange pants, with a tight orange t-shirt. It had white tennis shoes, and white gloves.
I tried it on, and it fit perfectly. Then all of a sudden, another woman came in with a hat. It was orange knitted with strings. On the end of the strings were small fox faces.
I changed into a new pair of black pants, and a grey sweater. Helen Mars walked in, and I was taken into a dining room. There was Char. Beautiful as always. She hair just passing her breast, and with side bangs that covered her left eye. It was still fiery red, and she had something similar on, but more feminine.
"Hello mate!" said a stranger from behind
It was a victor. One of the only tributes from district 5 that won. His name was Cameron Cook. He was tall, and well built. He had a buzz cut, and wore simple clothes.
"I am your victor, and trainer for the hunger games. Nice to meet you" Cameron said
"Hey, I'm Hance. I'm guessing you already met Char?" I said as I pointed to her
"Yeah! We already met, they didn't take as long with her as they took with you"
"Well there's nothing to change, she beautiful" I said quietly aside
"Pardon, I didn't catch what you said" Cameron said defensively
"Oh nothing" I said
I sat beside Char, and we started to eat. There was more food than I have ever seen in my entire life. Stews, meats, vegetables, fruit, pies, cakes, it was wonderful
"Hey Char, I really like your new hair" I said confidently
"Thanks, your's is very handsome" she said while blushing.