A Good Book has no Ending...

are you running out of breath, from running through my head, all night?

The sounds laughter floated to the surface as two girls laid on a red checkered a picnic basket thrown carelessly on the grass in front of them. Their hair mingled together, dark blonde and black, like their hands between them, their smiles so broad you would think it would break their faces. The bright sun beat down on them without the brisk breeze of late spring it would be unbearable outside, in other words the day was perfect.

A Labrador, a Yorkshire terrier, and a golden retriever, also two cats, one was a tabby and the other a calico. A hamster rolled in a light blue ball embellished with flames. They ran together in peace they trolled along merrily chasing each other. The dogs languidly bit at the grass swaying in the zephyr.

Caitlyn, the black haired girl, turned her head and planted her pink lips on the pale cheek. Ilyssa, the owner of the cheek, moved her head her own lips meeting Caitlyn’s lips in a sweet kiss. The pair pulled away a little so that their foreheads rested on the others, they shared a contented sigh. Their moment was broken as their bodies were walked on by sets of paws, and a smooth ball. They laughed as their faces were attacked by tongues their faces slobbered on…


“Caitlyn wake up or you’ll be late!” A woman called as she pushed the door to her daughter’s room open. She switched on the bright light and chuckled lowly when she heard a groan emit from her teenage daughter. She snickered as she saw her daughter rose from the pillow jet black hair a complete and utter birds nest.

“You need to get ready to go to school and take care of your animals, Caitlyn.” The woman, the total opposite of her daughter, nodded to no one in particular and took the grumble she heard as a confirmatory. She took long strides down the grandly decorated hallway and down the marble staircase.

Caitlyn’s mom once again basked in the thought of her and her family’s high standard of living. Luxury was a word frequently used in the Jenners’ vocabulary as they described their lives. She took her seat next to her husband, Aaron, his black hair was littered with grey in his old age. He lowered his newspaper he smiled lightly at his wife, Victoria, his dark eyes met her blue ones.

Both their gazes locked on the girl scrambling into the room being pulled by three dogs. A loud laughter echoed through the massive granite kitchen. Caitlyn stopped and smiled at her parents the same grin Aaron was adorning.

“Caitlyn I can’t fathom a reason why you keep those damned animals.” Aaron stated his deep voice rumbled in the bottom of the women’s stomachs. Caitlyn glared at her father she knew her parents had problems with her love of animals.

They wanted her to become a lawyer like them, well wanted was the wrong word it was more like demanded. One false move in grades or behavior and Caitlyn’s ability to volunteer at the local animal hospital would be revoked; her beloved pets would also be taken away.

She couldn’t lose that it was her life well except for Ilyssa. God that girl made her happier than Rocket, her hamster, rolling around in his decorated ball. A lazy loving smile slid across her face she didn’t notice the look her parents shared. Ilyssa the girl that had finally opened up and showed her she wasn’t another player, but a: polite, charming, shy, funny, intelligent, confident but not arrogant, beautiful girl.

She giggled forgetting her parents were there and started thinking about their first date. The movie and dinner was way too cliché for Ilyssa apparently the blonde haired girl wasn’t above any other clichés. For example, their six month anniversary consisted of Ilyssa forcing Mr. Muller to shut the Lion’s Den down. She lit candles on all the booths in the coffee shop area and lead Caitlyn on a wild goose chase all day with notes left with mutual friends and strangers. Finally, the notes lead Caitlyn to the bookstore with a trail of roses that lead her to her girlfriend.

“Caitlyn, darling stop thinking about Ilyssa and get a move on you’ll be late.” Victoria chuckled when her daughter turned red despite her tan complexion. The Jenner parents had wholly approved of their daughter dating Ilyssa they found the girl delightful. Aaron and Victoria’s fear of her being too old for Caitlyn were a faint, distant memory after they had met her.

“Bye Daddy, bye Mom, I love you.” Caitlyn kissed each parent on the cheek wrinkling her nose when she found her dad hadn’t shaven yet. The prickly hairs pricked her smooth cheek it was quite uncomfortable. She shouldered her heavy backpack and left to her get in her Toyota Prius, got to keep the environment safe for all those cute little animals.

School was grueling she had either a test or quiz in every class. All Caitlyn could think about was school ending so she could go see the animals at the local animal hospital. Finally, after what seemed to be forever the bell rang through the halls and classrooms of Jackson High School.

She sped all the way to Piper Olsen Veterinary Hospital too excited about seeing animals to worry about stupid laws. She threw on her mandatory volunteer lab coat , a lopsided grin took residence on her face. The receptionists laughed all to use to the young girl’s eagerness it was always a reminder of when they had been young and eager.

Dr. Nickerson smiled broadly at his favorite volunteer, “Hello Caitlyn, how are you today?”

“I am great now that I’m here. How are you, sir?” Caitlyn asked politely her grin gaining size.
“Caitlyn,” Dr. Nickerson said with a hint of chiding embedded in his gruff voice, “What did I say about you calling me sir?” Caitlyn looked bashfully down at her scuffed deep green converse.

“Not to si… I mean not to Dr. Nickerson.” Caitlyn mumbled as she scraped the front of her shoe on the ground looking very much like a scolded child.
“There you go Caitlyn now could you go and walk the dogs in kennels please?” Dr. Nickerson didn’t stick around fully aware that Caitlyn would do as she was asked with gusto and elation. Caitlyn giddy with excitement bounded to the kennels start.

A few hours later she was almost done just one more dog a German shepherd named Walter. Caitlyn unlocked the kennel door, the leash secured in her left hand as she held her right out to be sniffed. Walter casually strolled towards her hand he sniffed and let a large breath out like he was sighing to say, “Fine I’ll let you take me out but I’m better than you.”

Caitlyn laughed her eyes twinkling as she hooked the metal hook around Walter’s burgundy collar. She and Walter sauntered past the rest of the dogs howling and scratching to be let out to play with one another. Walter stuck his snout in the air to let them know he was above them all. After Walter had took his sweet time promenading across the fenced off field he was returned to his home away from home.

Caitlyn said her goodbyes to the vet hospitals’ staff and sped off once again in her Prius. This time she followed most of the traffic safety laws not wanting to risk a ticket. She parked her car in an empty spot close to the store. The bells chiming when she pushed the door open and jingled again softly as the door shut.

The young girl behind the counter looked up from her textbook, a bright smile broke out like a mosh pit at a concert; it was inevitable.

“May I help you miss?” The blonde haired girl smirked putting her textbook on the counter as she leaned forward her forearms resting on the thick book. Caitlyn returned the smirk with a flirty grin, the cashier gulped softly that grin did things to her that you couldn’t even imagine.

“Yes, I would appreciate that very much,” Caitlyn’s voice dropped an octave as she neared the other girl. “And it would be rude if I didn’t thank you properly for helping me now wouldn’t it?” The older girl could only nod as Caitlyn’s warm breath hit her ear and her eyes fell on the cleavage reveled by the plunging green v-neck with assistance of a push-up bra.

“Here I’ll thank you in advance because I’ve heard all about your helpfulness.” Caitlyn winked a sultry glint in her dark eyes without warning she captured the soft pink lips with her own in a passionate kiss. She pulled away a smirk planted on her lips as she saw the other girl bright red her eyes still closed and her breath labored.

“Damn Caitlyn.” Ilyssa sighed she would never tire of Caitlyn’s full lips claiming her own. Caitlyn just winked and shrugged not truly understanding what her teasing does to her girlfriend. Ilyssa just shook her head and told her girlfriend she would be right back she clocked out shouting a goodbye to Mr. Muller.

She secured Caitlyn’s hand with her own swinging them lightly making the smaller girl giggle, “Let’s get out of here.” Caitlyn received a peck on the cheek before she was dragged to Ilyssa’s black Honda civic.

“Where are we going, Lyss?” Caitlyn asked as Ilyssa drove farther and farther away from town; she was nervous about the mischievous glint in Ilyssa’s hazel eyes. Ilyssa just squeezed her hand and shook her head. Caitlyn whimpered a little when Ilyssa released her hand to turn the radio up their favorite Allstar Weekend song.

Ilyssa giggled softly at her girlfriend’s impatient questions coming more frequently, but she ignored them. Ilyssa slowed the car and turned down a desolate dirt road surround by tall evergreens that grazed the dusky pink sky. Caitlyn wore a very pathetic pout and puppy eyes hooping they would break her girlfriend; much to her dismay it did nothing.

Ilyssa parked on the edge of thick grassy field she grabbed a bag out 0f the back before clumsily running to Caitlyn’s side to open her door. Caitlyn blushed at the other girl’s chivalry that never seemed to stop surprising her even after eight months of dating.

Ilyssa’s warm hand found refuge in Caitlyn’s own. The young couple walked together the grass tickled their shoes. Once Ilyssa had deemed a spot worthy she drew a blanket of the bag she carried. The blanket laid to Ilyssa’s perfectionist standards everything else was pulled out of the carry on: chocolate strawberries, Cesar salads, beverages, forks, and napkins.

Caitlyn leaped and wrapping her thin strong arms and legs around her girlfriend surprising her, Ilyssa tumbled backwards unable to regain her balance she fell with a soft ‘oomph’. Their laughs mingled together as a harmonious song rising towards the rapidly darkening sky. Caitlyn rolled off her girlfriend, rising to her feet she held her hand out to help the other girl up.

Ilyssa wound her skinny arms around Caitlyn’s waist as the black haired girl rested her hands on pale cheeks. Caitlyn marveled about the contrast of their skin tones, dark on light. Caitlyn whispered, “Thank you.” Ilyssa smiled humbly at her girlfriend she loved making her girl feel more loved above everything else.

The couple untangled themselves and sat down on the blanket. They started on their salads every once in awhile they would feed each other a piece of lettuce; each time they would giggle. After the food was safely put into the girls’ stomachs they laid tangle up together it was hard to distinguish limbs from one another. The stars were bright above their heads the moon was full and illuminated the young adult’s faces.

“Hey, Lyss?” Caitlyn asked quietly Ilyssa turned towards Caitlyn and grunted as an answer.

“I love you but I can’t date a thief.” Caitlyn said stifling a giggle that tried to escape her mouth. Ilyssa’s face was priceless she had “What the fuck?” written like it was a page out of a book.

“Um…Caitlyn, babe, what are you talking about?” Ilyssa was totally utterly baffled by her girlfriend’s statement. She had never, never stole anything.

“Ilyssa you obviously stole the stars and put them in your eyes.” Caitlyn used her best ‘duh’ voice. Ilyssa’s laugh almost echoed it was so loud her girlfriend was hilarious. They had started the Pick-up Line Game a couple of weeks when Caitlyn had asked her if she tired from running through her head all night. Ilyssa had returned it with you’re so sweet you could put Hershey’s out of business.

“Caitlyn, can I get a photo to show my friends?” Ilyssa questioned, her smile mirroring Caitlyn’s own lopsided grin.

“Why?” Caitlyn inquired another chuckle threatened to escape.

“To show them angels really exist.” Ilyssa mocked Caitlyn’s ‘duh’ tone.

“I hope you know CPR because you take my breath away!”

“Someone call the police because it’s illegal to look that good.”

“I need mouth to mouth because I’m drowning in your beauty.”

“I’m going to need another picture to show Santa what I want for Christmas.”

“If you were a laser you would be set to stunning!”

“Life without you would be like a broken pencil…pointless.”

“You must be in the wrong place….the Miss Universe contest is over there.”

“If beauty was time you would an eternity.”

The night continued in a similar fashion their laughs mingled; they no longer tried to hold back their giggles and chuckles. By the end of the night both were in hysterics until Ilyssa sobered up and realized they didn’t know what time it was. She scrounged for her phone the screen illuminated the time read 10:45 she had 45 minutes to drive an hour.

Caitlyn leaned over her shoulder and whispered a quick “Fuck” before scrambling to collect their things. Ilyssa calmly followed her girlfriend in reality she was freaking out on the inside. She knew what late for curfew meant to Caitlyn and didn’t want to ruin that for the younger girl.

“Hurry the fuck up now!” Caitlyn screamed she was near having a panic attack no matter how fun the date was she couldn’t lose the vet hospital. Ilyssa sprinted across the field and unlocked the doors Caitlyn threw the bag crammed with all their things. Ilyssa backed out and sped she reached for Caitlyn’s hand who took it into her own clammy one. She squeezed it furiously every time the clock digits would change.

The car ride was silent except for the radio playing faintly in the background; some top 40 song by Katy Perry Ilyssa thought. Caitlyn’s knees jiggled up and down nervously she knew Ilyssa was driving as fast as she could but it didn’t squelch her fears.

Ilyssa pulled into the half-circle driveway in front of the Jenners’ mansion. They had made it with three minutes to spare. Caitlyn would have attacked her girlfriend if she had more time. Ilyssa opened her door like always and held her arm out like the dork she truly was and walked the dark haired girl to her door.

“Thank you Ilyssa for everything,” Caitlyn noted Ilyssa’s confused glance “For putting up with my nervous yelling and being such a good girlfriend.”

“Caitlyn never thank me again for those two things it’s my pleasure really. If anything I should thank you for putting up with me.” Ilyssa scolded her lightly.

“Fine, I love you thanks for driving me home like a manic.” Caitlyn giggled Ilyssa seemed to hold the power to make her into a giggling school girl.

“I love you too, baby I’ll see you tomorrow morning bright and early.” Ilyssa smirked.

“Why… Damn we never got my car so I suppose you’re right.” Caitlyn shook her head and mentally face palmed herself. Ilyssa placed a loving kiss on her lips and started walking to her car just as both girls were about to disappear out of sight Caitlyn called out to Ilyssa.

“Yeah darling?” Ilyssa hollered back at her girlfriend sporting an adorable confused look.

“Is there an airport nearby or was that just my heart taking off.” The last thing Caitlyn heard was her girlfriend’s melodious laugh, which invaded her dreams all night long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit and some Pickup Line Credit-Cute by Stephan Jerzak
Pickup Line Credit-http://www.pickuphelp.com/

Hope you enjoyed it! Comment, please.

I may not be a genie but I can make all your wishes come true!