Status: Hecho!

Falling From the Sky

Uno

I didn't like The Loft. It's not saying I absolutley hate it completely, because I don't. I've gone to a handful of amazing shows at this place. But when I'm at the show to take pictures, it's definitely not my best friend. Especially when the crowd consists of skanky, screaming, swooning 13-16 year old girls. All they care about is the bands seeing htem in their nearly nothing attire; thus meaning they'd hold their ground, only making the already limited options of angles for shots even smaller.

My band for tonight went by the name of Black Veil Brides. The first time I heard that, I snorted with laughter. You're kidding me right? I looked them up and was instantly depressed. Another all black, big hair, cult like group. But I don't judge a book by it's cover. Their music was half decent and I could see their fans really loved them. Or their front man at least. Jeez. they were gag over him.

As BlackVeil Brides set started, the place went crazy. I was able to get pictures, but by the time their set was half way through I'd only gotten a couple of good ones. I tapped the security gaurd's shoulder and he nodded. I was a regular, so all the staff were at least acquaintances. I slid onto the corner of the stage and immediately started taking shot after shot. We had a 2 song limit time frame to be on stage so I was rampaging through this.

As the song came to an end, I surpressed a smile. I knew I'd gotten good stuff during that 3 minute span. These guys had such an energy that it was impossible to not have been caught up in it. So now I sat waiting for the next song to kick in. The singer talked to the crowd, gaining a small break for the band to get a drink and tune up for the next song. It seemed like he kept glancing over to my corner. The girls on the other side of the railing would freak out every turn.

I couldn't help but stare back because I wondered what or who he was actually looking at. The awkward lighting and his hair made his eyes shadowed from my position. The guitar player occupying the side of the stage I was on stepped up to the railing. We smiled at each other quickly before he held up his guitar - ready for the next song.

For the next few minutes it was shot after shot again. By the last verse, my finger hurt so I let up a little. The singer made his way up to the railing next to me. I took a couple pictures of him and the crowd. He looked down at me and came down kneeling in front of me. I took a chain of pictures as he screamed the lyrics. He stared straight into the lense and I thanked the Lord that for those 10 seconds I was looking at him through my camera. His eyes blazed through the viewfinder and my heartbeat slowed as I got hypnotized by them. And like that, he was up again and in the middle of the stage.

My eyes were glued to him for the last 30 seconds of the song.

"Thank you Poughkeepsie! Good fucking night!" he yelled into them mic.

The members came up to the front of the stage and slapped a few high fives. A hand appeared in front of my face and I jumped. I took the pick the guitar player was holding up for me.

"Find us outside, I wanna see those pictures." he smiled. I nodded and smiled back at him. As he too joined in on the high five-age, I got up and left the stage.